Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 209 of 812
18 October 2013 at 1:58am | IP Logged 
It seems that for next days I am to get on with something like this, but I do not know how weekend will turn out, so I'm not entirely hopeless to actually do something useful in German.
Speaking of English... well, I wasn't very good yesterday because of my undone homework, our reference work wasn't even checked and we started another grammar topic, The Conditionals. And I really believed that Verb Infinitive was our last grammar topic. Foolish little girl.
Thrilled about exams. So much lexicon to learn, so many questions to prepare, so much grammar to be remembered... And yeah, it's easiest of three I've got to pass anyway.
P.S. I thought about 6WC with Swedish. Someone punch me and then tell what to do, considering that we'll have some control points in November, colloquiums... not to mention that I didn't actually finish none of my lab works.

Edited by Via Diva on 18 October 2013 at 2:03am

1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 210 of 812
19 October 2013 at 4:21am | IP Logged 
Foolish little girl went strictly passive, I must say... Songs in both languages, mostly in English, Pirates of Caribbean in original without any subs (come on, I just do remember well what they should talk about - and I didn't get to understand everything anyway), and the exact video about German from previous post. I could've watch more but it was too late and I just fell asleep after. Oh, no, I practiced on setting me in "sleep mood" by singing Sandmann by Letzte Instanz. It sounds awful, but I can't really hear how it actually sounds anyway, so I don't care. It worked in English - why shouldn't it at least help a bit it German?
P.S. It would've been just good for me to know what CEFR level in English I have. No, no exams in this place, but, maybe, some free online tests?

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 211 of 812
19 October 2013 at 5:51pm | IP Logged 
German cursive (yeah, let's begin)

link to the bigger version

However, it doesn't really describes my today's activity in languages. I re-watched F1 Hungarian GP 2013 with Eng comments, I spent some time dealing with German Rosetta Stone - I don't know what to do with it next, because the questions just appear and I have no source for checking up, sing for quite a time (yeah, since I've decided to connect my awful singing with languages, I can get away saying that I have speaking practice in both English and German), tried to re-watch "Inception" without subs (got bored - maybe I should've waited more for that), and watch "The Internship" with Eng subs. I must justify using subs not only by "I haven't saw the movie before" but with additional help of "too fast and too slang English". Unfortunately, I don't like movie enough to re-watch it in learning purposes, but I hope that something got into my mind anyway.
How I'm going to watch hockey for me and my brother (cousin, to be precise) are fans of teams, which will be playing against each other today. Let's go Pens! *evil laughter* We will be watching it at one site while open Skype session. *more of evil laughter*
But there's still more than an hour to go... not sure if I'm to sing, watch another video about German verbs or just waste the time by playing with my (poor) smartphone.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 212 of 812
20 October 2013 at 4:51pm | IP Logged 
Well, what can I say... The beginning of the day was promising: I watched "Back to the Future" in German from my phone... for a while. I stopped accidentally, but it was hard to even catch the words, so, maybe, I didn't lose very much.
Before that I was reading "The Fallout", I was reading it in the middle of the day and I'm going to read it after posting this instead of my English homework.
I was putted before the words "deal with physical chemistry lab work report by yourself!" Well, I'm very, very lazy, but when something kicks me, I can be rather productive. So, I did almost everything and then I heard that I used the wrong data. Well, I do know that it was useful anyway, but at the end of the day I have another zero in "Done" for today.
The only good thing that the lab work report should be showed only on Wednesday. But... I have to deal with exercises for that, I'm to learn whole lot of formulas for analytical chemistry, I'm to make a presentation about organic chemistry in English... Hell of a week!
Plus I still desperately want to see "Rush" once again... and once again... and once again... *endless repeat*

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 213 of 812
21 October 2013 at 5:55pm | IP Logged 
All hail physical chemistry!
English in university was normal, nothing really new, just work on grammar, where I wasn't quite alright, but not zero as well. Apart from that I finished "The Fallout". Only in the end I realized that I was attracted by easy language, books were quite easy to read, easy to skip unknown words and so on. I wonder if I can find books which would be both having not overwhelming language style and some decent plot.
German... *shameful exhale* in songs only. The most awful thing is that I don't seem to really bother. Or not?
Yes, I can't even figure out what I feel. Excellent.
Anyway, I tried to read "The Portable Atheist" but it turned out to be hard. I have no desire to press my brain for шею So, now I'm planning to read "Atonement" in Russian and then, maybe, I read something else by Ian McEwan in English. Maybe.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 214 of 812
22 October 2013 at 11:36am | IP Logged 
All hail physical chemistry (yeah, once again)!
While I'll try to deal with exercises, you can check the results of just-passed test about my vocabulary size. Sounds rather true to me...
And I can definitely say: this is another empty day from the point of German. Songs only, and, I presume, I'll get bored of them sometime.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 215 of 812
23 October 2013 at 4:56pm | IP Logged 
After coming back from university in bad mood I desperately needed to let everything out.
I did it with "1000 ways to die" series. In Russian (no English sound available), so I think that languages for today are really a bit of forgotten in case of both English and German.
But there is one little thing. I'm to do my English homework - presentation with monologue about organic chemistry. The way of doing this seems pretty easy for me right now: I'm downloading a bunch of English textbooks about organic chemistry. But I doubt that it'll turn my work to extra easy, so I hope that I get an English practice for today.
German... well, in my dreams, as usual. Plus, I have seen a German tv interview of our F1 racer Daniil Kvyat, who's to join Toro Rosso in next season. I wanted to record a podcast about that, but there is simply no time and no mood. Aaaargh!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 216 of 812
24 October 2013 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
Well, I was preparing my presentation until very late and I went to sleep at about 1:oo AM. Mess in my head became clearer when I re-read text on bus stops/ in bus. While I was actually presenting that, I understood that I've made it too long and just cut off lots of material by saying "I have something else, but I see that you think it's boring, so that's all" or something like that.
The theme was "How to solve some common studying problems of organic chemistry", I began with formal charges and finished talking on atoms hybridization. Plus, instead of borrowing someone else's notebook, I just wrote formulas on blackboard. Eventually I've got an applause pause and this was really the last thing that I would've expected from my English group. Well, the teacher may have provoked them by pointing that I was mostly talking, but still I was very, very pleased. Actually, I started another applause pause for one of girls, which was talking too. Well, maybe my good example encouraged her to be more brave, but she's not shy one anyway, and I really enjoyed her presentation, so it was not a big deal for me to show it.
Later I and my bro tried to reach "Rush" and it turned out to be impossible. Now he has to wait until DVD, because the chances that we can find some showing in next Saturday got to be even lower. Mess.
German, keep calm and wait, I'll be back sometime!

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version