Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 233 of 812
08 November 2013 at 7:24am | IP Logged 
It seems that university finished me completely. I mixed up natural
and decimal logarithm during analytical chemistry reference work.
I hope to eat enough English-German cake today in order to return
my brain to life.
None of my translations has been published yet. Maybe it's just my
luck when it comes to choosing sites...
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 234 of 812
08 November 2013 at 5:52pm | IP Logged 
By the time when I got home my mind went completely broken and I ended up finishing The Shadow Line. It took quite a time, I don't like it much (7/10, to be precise), but still it was interesting. At least English wasn't whispering by the actors too often to annoy me :)
Since my translations aren't published yet, I offer you my translation of song you choose.
Conditions:
- song hasn't been translated into Russian before (I'll give a link to it then)
- you can find the artist in my last.fm library
- the song is in English, of course
I just need some practice, but I also want it to be useful. Why not to help?
Well, I don't expect some response to it today, but who knows what's going on your minds today? :)

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4466 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 235 of 812
08 November 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged 
Via Diva wrote:
Well, they are certainly underrated here. Speaking honestly, I really
had listened only to two last albums and sole Mordecai. They're seems to be
following Opeth's way for me: "I hate these growls" stage - "Well, I can listen to this,
I think" stage - "Blimey, it's awesome!" stage.
And I do like Tommy's clean vocals. His growling is way more not understandable than that
of our dear Mikael, but I got used to it. And music... it always takes time to got into
me. It took nearly a year in this case, hehe.
I hope that Death will follow this way too. I do like The Sound of
Perseverance
and I like its music as well, but earlier growl albums are the mess of a
technical death metal which doesn't flow into my ears right.

Human is a better Death album.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 236 of 812
08 November 2013 at 6:30pm | IP Logged 
Then I check it once again first, leaving others to wait. However, I can't predict my reaction.
I was sure that Opeth's Blackwater Park is just bunch of noisy and strange songs while I didn't see any bad word about it. Now I've changed my ming, but it depends anyway...
Downloading two F1 2009 races with Russian-German variety of comments. Sadly there is no Rus-Eng-Ger, plus it is not 50 fps, but I should be grateful that there actually are German comments in the first place, eh?
Still it'll take loooong time to be downloaded, so my offer is still working and will be for some days :)

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4466 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 237 of 812
08 November 2013 at 7:34pm | IP Logged 
I don't care about the very early Death either. But Human is excellent.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 238 of 812
09 November 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged 
Absorbed (or adsorbed?) Hammer Grammar from 1.1 to 1.11, now downloading 2.x episodes from YouTube.
I can't say that I learn much new, but I like the way it goes and it's double practice of English and German at once, so why not?
At least I can say that I did something useful on Saturday and this is not my fault that this "something" has no connection with my university studies. However, it wouldn't save me on physical chemistry colloquium which we'll have on next Wednesday. Actually, Catherine Liggett of Hammer Grammar gave me an idea of learning by songs. I just need to write an album about thermochemistry and find a group to play it for the masses.
Ok, it was just kidding.
Translated another few BTBAM songs, but en.lyrsense.com still tries to figure out if these are good. Sad situation indeed...
Ok, right now I'm turning off BTBAM and plugging something German in...

Ich frage mich jeder Tag, warum sollte ich die andere Spache lernen, wenn ich nicht sie nutzen kann? Aber dann ich kann immer die Antwort sagen. Ich will es lernen weil ich es zu verstehen, lesen, schreiben und sprechen will. Es interessiert mich nicht, ob ich jetzt nutzen kann oder nicht.
Und ich denke, dass ich etwas mitkommen werde. Vielleicht ich werde eine technische Übersetzung machen oder nach Deutschalnd oder Österreich gehen. Das weiß ich jetzt nicht, aber ich werde es einmal wissen.
Ich hoffe, dass ich genug den Macht des Willens haben werde.
Ich will die Google Translate bald vergessen und meine Texte ohne sie schreiben.
Ich will der Film ohne Untertitel zu sehen und alles zu verstehen.
In Kürze, ich will die Deutsche Sprache zu lernen.
Wie werde ich es tun? Ja, das ist ganz die andere Frage...

P.S. German part on lang-8

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 239 of 812
09 November 2013 at 4:04pm | IP Logged 
German part got corrected. Ja, das war Dumm etwas zu schreiben, eh?
Watched Die kommenden Tage. 10/10. No comments, I just love it. Not sure if I'll re-watching, but I'm not going to delete it now.
Actually, the list of movies which I'm not going to delete is only getting bigger and bigger. I wonder if even super-expensive 5TB hard drive can fix my problems... theoretically, of course. I don't have even 2TB on my account, and my poor netbook has only 0.5...
Still I like to make myself crazy. Remember my "downloading two F1 2009 races with Russian-German variety of comments"? Now it's one. Which doesn't help anyway:

*me growling and howling at the moon*
Ok, this was a productive day. Objectively it could be just normal, but I feel that it was special. And I do think that my German got somewhat reborn. Let's see if I can keep it on...

Edited by Via Diva on 09 November 2013 at 4:38pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 240 of 812
10 November 2013 at 4:47am | IP Logged 
Race still far from to be fully downloaded (0,7%, haha), but I already had some language activity today. I'm talking about Tummien Perhosten Koti. Finnish original sound + Eng subs.
This is not my first meeting with Finnish on that basis, I've watched some Aki Kaurismäki movies. Thanks to Russian encyclopedia about arts, part three, publisher Avanta+, I knew about him even before I got an access to the internet, and when I suddenly remembered what I've read about his movies, I immediately went on seeking them. I don't really remember, but I'm sure that some of these were watched with Finnish original sound and Russian subs. Plus, I can definitely say that all of these happened before my English boost and after my thoughts of learning Finnish were gone.
"So... why you write all this long introduction?" - you may ask. And I can answer.
To contact with Finnish on this account just once is enough to tell that I won't study it unless I'm mad. I listened to the actual speech quite carefully, and the more I did, the more I realized that it would be extremely hard for me to even try to speak Finnish. Now look at my log's posts and imagine me struggling with Finnish pronunciation. Whoa, what a scary perspective!
I like the way it sounds, but it can depend on situation. Plus, I can't see any application for it. Let's think that I will learn it. What's next? Nothing. No, really, I can see just nothing. And when I see nothing, my weak power of will becomes even weaker.
I really don't know why I don't think exactly in that way about Swedish. but so far I still don't.

So, this was just for the information. Speaking about my primary targets: I don't know if I'll do something in German, but I have a lot of English homework. Now it's all about ecology, and I must do both extracurricular reading and presentation for I do not know which of them will be tomorrow. Yeah, funny.
And, yeah, no translations published yet. I'm sick of waiting, but what else can I do?

Edited by Via Diva on 10 November 2013 at 4:49am

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version