Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 497 of 812
28 July 2014 at 4:19pm | IP Logged 
Oh, ok, I'm done with summaries. I hope I will notice myself if I'll forget to do some daily Memrise.\
Speaking of which... finally got to do some watering from my laptop today. Ah, it was awful, I forgot some words completely, made a lot of stupid mistakes and so on. I guess it matters where exactly do I practice - on laptop or phone.
Speaking of which... Unlock Your Brain shows some crazy stats:

I was just bored, after all... It's kinda obvious that today something (Doctor Who, hehe) was much more interesting that this.
I seem to be dropping L-R completely. Again. Hope that I will get back, cause I finished 4th season and don't really know if these leftovers and other seasons will be enough for my hungry for a show brain, hehe.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 498 of 812
28 July 2014 at 7:02pm | IP Logged 
I'm writing again because I don't understand what is going on. After the post above I had another big watering in Memrise and I not only have made no mistakes, but also maxed out on points, which makes that session literally flawless (84 words in 4 blocks, if I remember right). I wasn't that great in learning session afterwards, but I was not that concentrated.
This sounds great, yeah, but to be honest. I am afraid now. What if all these words will just be stored somewhere deep inside my brain and I won't even be able to remember them when it comes to speaking? Cause that's what have happened with German beginner course from Memrise, which I have completed via my phone (okay, with most part of it)...

Nah, anyway. Let's add some comparative handwriting to the mix (click for bugger resolution):

I think both cursive and block are hard to write from their own points of view, but block at least looks okay to me...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 499 of 812
29 July 2014 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
Meme for warum

and for wer

First one made me to download Pirates of the Caribbean a while back, second one... Oh, I wanted to cry after the second one, because I watched special episodes after 4th season just today and I am not damn ready to face another Doctor *cries*
But apart from that memes like these two are just wonderful, yeah.

Edited by Via Diva on 29 July 2014 at 5:10pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 500 of 812
31 July 2014 at 10:58am | IP Logged 
Warming up before 6WC starts:

The perspective of measuring time spent there is scary, but I hope I will get used to it :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 501 of 812
31 July 2014 at 6:56pm | IP Logged 
Today quite a rare thing has happened... I watched a Russian movie. I was told it is about me, so I couldn't run away this time. But even here I managed to involve languages - luckily, the pirate source from where I have taken the movie had English subs added there. I wouldn't even think to look for them, but if they were already there how could I not use them?
Well, subs turned out to be not exactly precise, but I don't think it matters much. And yup, movie indeed resembles some points of my situation (but it's not about me... everybody lies) - В ожидании чуда (if someone's interested, hehe).
Apart from big German plans which I reveal tomorrow I have one for English. After I'm done with Doctor Who (and hopefully that won't happen too soon) I am going to rewatch Life on Mars (UK version). I have seen this in Russian quite a while back, and had troubles finding English audio (let alone subs), but now I have it and I am going to get away without subs. I guess I will end up rewatching an episode by episode several times if I will want to understand all the 100 percent, or rewatch the whole series again... well, I think I like these bastards strong enough :)
And if I will not become insane in process I will continue with Ashes to Ashes (part of which I had to watch in Eng+Rus subs anyway)... mwahahahaha.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 502 of 812
01 August 2014 at 5:26am | IP Logged 
Ok. Plans. I am not good even at creating them, let alone following, but still I have to write something about that. I guess that I will laugh at it a few weeks later, but let's just see.

Being last.fm nerd and having stats for all the music I listen to I plan to count this as studying time, dividing the result by three. I listen to music quite carefully, and often sing along (sometimes even out loud). Even when I am doing Memrise or something else (not necessarily related to languages) I can sing along, and adding up my raised attention to lyrics I think I have a right to count this as studying time.

I have a number of grammar books and level courses (A1, A2...), any attempt of working with them (including just reading) I am counting without dividing. Yes, even reading of Deutsche Grammatik mit menschlichem Antlitz counts that way.

I am hoping to find some German series with subtitles and since my vocabulary is awful and so is my audio comprehension I will count time of watching series or movies with any subs without dividing. (English stuff with any subs gets divided by two though).

L-R or attempts of actual reading or Ilya Frank's method counts without dividing. Unfortunately, if I will be checking up words in dictionaries, adding them to Anki (that is still possible) or just switching songs in my player I won't be excluding time spent on these activities in order not to become insane. I am counting time spent on Memrise'ing with stopwatch, and this is freaking me out just enough...
Also if somehow I will get back to Polyglot or Michel Thomas - that's full time without dividing for sure.

I plan to get some audiobooks or radio or TV input to be somewhat immersed in the language, but, surely, this I will divide by 2 because I don't think I will understand just enough.

Any attempt of writing counts fully with all the pauses - if I can't concentrate this is a barrier to break, and I will be trying to write more in less amounts of time.
Same goes for handwriting, copying things... the faster I write the better things are.

This doesn't sound funny and doesn't even look like a plan. Well, you've been warned :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 503 of 812
01 August 2014 at 6:25am | IP Logged 
Um, counting less than 100% is about paying attention, not about how much you understand :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 504 of 812
01 August 2014 at 10:48am | IP Logged 
Well, naturally, but I think it also matters what am I paying attention to... English stuff with subs is mostly about reading the subs and passive listening. Same goes for radio/TV input - I can't pay all my attention to things I can't understand, I will most probably keep myself occupied with 2048 or that kind of stuff. As for songs... these folks don't just sing all the time, right? :)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version