Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 529 of 812
19 August 2014 at 5:11pm | IP Logged 
Thanks! Yeah, it's all about "zu sein", now I do remember Die Tür ist zu (that I surely have heard), haven't really thought about that back then.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 530 of 812
20 August 2014 at 4:12pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day twenty
Okay, today things were going on relatively great. Although Umano and 9GAG didn't let me go to sleep in time (I fell asleep around 3:00 AM), I woke up not very late to throw this day away. Some radio (I actually received a notification from TuneIn, saying Haven't you listened to B5 aktuell today?, haha), an translation from English which I feel completely satisfied with, 4 episodes of Doktor Wer (I can only call series like that now) and then Her Majesty Grammar.
I think my handwriting improves. But, alas, I can't say the same about the book. Lack of explanations...

I have done 60% of following task (not 40) just because the task itself contained bei from the capital b, otherwise I would have done that wrong too:

My patience is really wearing thin here. This isn't my sole problem, but somehow the results are like this:

This is kinda good, but I want elementary level to be as close to perfection, as I only can. I think that some other book could possibly get me further. But I act like a masochist and still intend to deal with this book. Seems like I got used to it anyway.

P.S. You understand all the awfulness of self-study when it comes to checking what you have done: which mistakes aren't really mistakes and so on...

Gemuse
Germany
Joined 3867 days ago

818 posts - 1189 votes 
Speaks: English
Studies: German

Message 531 of 812
20 August 2014 at 10:02pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
   I suppose you simply don't know the expression "zu sein" (with stress on "zu"), which means "to be closed". You can also say: "Die Tür ist zu" = "The door is closed".

That expression had tripped me up too (actually the verb zumachen) before. In A2.2 the teacher used the verb and I was like "machen Sie zu??????". The teacher was similarly surprised we did not know this basic thing. There are some very basic verbs which textbooks simply fail to address properly.

Another one is "aus sein". I came across it while dictionary perusing when I was trying to figure out how the **** I could remember the difference between ausschalten and einschalten.

PS: Good job Ms Diva on the study streak.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 532 of 812
21 August 2014 at 4:19pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, I feel the same myself despite all the failures and lack of satisfaction along the way :)

6WC, day twenty one
Somewhat lazy beginning (I am listening to radio first day today right now), three episodes of Doktor Wer (I am stubborn) resulted in some sort of excitement before dealing with grammar.
Topics to cover were really important: regular verbs (and this I did for all the 100%, yay), Verben mit Vokalwechsel, trennbare Verben... everything took me about 2 hours of studying. Unfortunately, my stopwatch wasn't turned on all the time so I had to write only 100 minutes which I were completely sure about.
Handwriting doesn't really improve (though I am trying to work out beautiful cursive f):

Now I want to shout out more words of pure anger to the authors. I know this is pointless, but still, this way I can remember my (or their) mistakes better.
- How the hell am I supposed to conjugate halten and get 3rd person singular hält instead of hältet even considering that I am not actually Niveau A1?
- Should I be aware of irregular Partizip 2 if the task doesn't even reminds me what Pefekt is (yeah, I was lazy to check them, but I am kinda Niveau A1)?
- I know that 2nd and 3rd person singular of nehmen is nimmst, nimmt. But a) I wasn't really sure b) am I really supposed to know that nihmst is wrong (Niveau A1, mind that)?
- Should I count misplaced time supplement like abends as a mistake if I do it all the time and still don't see any explanation in the book?
Anyway, here's the outcome:

Part of me is deeply satisfied that everything is not bad with these important topics, but the other part still wants perfection.

Edited by Via Diva on 21 August 2014 at 4:20pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 533 of 812
22 August 2014 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day twenty two

Today I was working with Modalverben and Perfekt. I don't have problems conjugating modal verbs, but this book was just the other one which didn't make their meanings quite clear to me.
Halfway through die Arbeit mit der Vergangenheit I paused and asked my mother about how she would write f, she showed and I tried to use that straightaway. Although my handwriting is still far from perfect, I am mildly satisfied with it today:

Since the textbook contained the link to the list of unregelmäßig Verben, I used Wikitionary every time I was not sure in what I write. Therefore I had all the 100% - ich mag die Vergangenheit :)
Summary:

As for the rest... It's an F1 weekend, so there was nothing but songs and a little of radio. But, well, I have used A LOT of English today... not perfectly, I am sure, but I wasn't taking an exam and the main thing is that I never was asked What do you mean? :)

Edited by Via Diva on 22 August 2014 at 5:42pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 534 of 812
23 August 2014 at 7:31am | IP Logged 

Ich habe zwei Schlussfolgerungen:
1) ich habe eine sehr gute Intuition
2) diese Tests sind falsch

:D

P.S. die deutsche Tastatur ist schwer, damit zu arbeiten

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 535 of 812
23 August 2014 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
6WC, day twenty three
Yesterday evening I hoped I can set up Windows in German, but it turned out that Home Premium doesn't give me such an ability (I thought so anyway, but I had to check). I would be glad to change my Win7 to Ubuntu or some other Linux, but every once in a while I want to use Photoshop, play some casual games, and no, I don't like analogues and Wine isn't the way out. I can try two systems, but last time it nearly ruined my old (well, less than 3 years old) netbook, and I am not good with Linux even in Russian anyway, so maybe I will just give up an idea of having German-interfaced OS on my PC.
Despite having lots of F1 and supporting races (one of which was just freakingly dramatic, including a Belgian guy losing his first place at a Belgian track to his Italian rival, who was literally insulted by Academia Ferrari some time earlier... whoops, I talk too much) I have managed to listen to some radio, a lot of music, watch an episode of Doktor Wer and find yet another source of serien auf Deutsch, and, finally, deal with some grammar.
It's kinda late, I thought about giving it up, but yet I went on and done three paragraphs. More than that, I was sure that I will reach the desirable 100%, but I failed to do that because judging by pronunciation from a Memrise course and without checking things up I decided that aufräumen is not a separable verb. Hahahaha...
Anyway:

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 536 of 812
24 August 2014 at 5:39pm | IP Logged 
Aaaand my study streak is broken. I got down to radio, Michel Thomas (from the very beginning, feels dull, but I think I need it anyway), Doctor Who, but not the grammar.
No, I wrote in my blog instead. Here's to see it, here's to correct it. Any comments would be appreciated, since I am not sure if I even should write in English.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version