Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 77 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 609 of 812
16 November 2014 at 2:55am | IP Logged 
I had to do so much things yesterday... but at the middle of the day I had to be out, when I have come back I felt terrible, so I winded up watching TED and reading The Collector by Fowles instead. I still feel rather awful, so maybe I can allow myself even more of it.
I'm curious about how much Duolingo will I stand today, hehe.

An insight into Cyrillic cursive:

(this letter is к, н, и, п at once)
Hell yeah!

Edited by Via Diva on 16 November 2014 at 2:56am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 610 of 812
17 November 2014 at 11:14pm | IP Logged 
I tried to do some Duolingo in Italian yesterday, but it has lost my strike (which is bonkers, I have been there every day before), so I haven't managed even to finish a lesson. I seem to have lost the interest for now, whereas German is still moving on (I can't say it brings a lot of progress, but whatever).
Well, exhaustion, disappointment and illness (damn cold) can also be reasons for me to drop out. Let's see if I can come back.

Edited by Via Diva on 17 November 2014 at 11:15pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 611 of 812
20 November 2014 at 4:25pm | IP Logged 
I am worn out. Well, i should be past the minimum, but still I feel far from good. I do some Duolingo daily (maybe following its original intention of "LET'S TRANSLATE ALL THE INTERNET!!!111!!1!!"), but in German. Italian is on sight though cause every time I open Moon+Reader I see all the 7 HP books in Italian because they were added relatively recently. This isn't yet a temptation, but soon to be, maybe. And just as well I may end up reading German version without any help of English.
But right now my English is being squeezed in two actions mostly: TED and reading. I don't think I need to explain the first one. The second was The Collector, slow at first but nearly swallowed in the end, more that 1,5 hours of reading today. I actually want more, but I am yet to deal with more Duolingo (and I want to, five minutes of German is not enough for me now) and then I have to solve a task on colloid and surface science. It's 21:25 here.

Der Schleier fällt.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 612 of 812
22 November 2014 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
Recently we've learned that the amount of work we'll have to put up with next week decreased (aka a
colloquium got cancelled), so Saturday was that usual lazy day I could afford myself (even when I actually
couldn't). So in the morning I was hooked up on TED (how surprising), then I had to install new Opera
(looks and feels like Chrome, which is good and bad at once), then I had to clear some space, hence had to
watch a movie in order to delete it from my HDD. Today it was Bilet na Księżyc, and, no, you won't
find it in my 6WC stats even though I have watched it in Polish plus Russian subs.
Then I winded up watching Tage die bleiben, which turned out to be worse as a movie that Bilet na
Księżyc
, but much more useful as a bit of German to my ears, hence counting in studies.
And now instead of preparing to an upcoming exam I try to get to Coursera.org (thanks to TED here), and
nothing helps. Grrr.
I also squeezed a bit of German Duolingo, read a lot of articles about mobile phones (alas, in Russian, plus I
do it every day anyway, I was just catching up), and I can't even remember what else have I done.
I know, however, that I submitted 55 minutes of reading, which is bollocks. I was lazy to undo it, so how I
have to catch up. So I guess that's what I will do after a bit of preparation to the exam.

Poor Italian. This experiment looks nothing but a failure so far. Unfortunately, it was rather predictable.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 613 of 812
26 November 2014 at 3:48pm | IP Logged 
I have no idea about wtf is going on. I sleep a lot but remain exhausted, I want to do things but end up staring blindly into my smartphone. Duolingo strike - broken, TED - unvisited, the book - not read, the exam - not reviewed.
But I have watched "Top of the lake" and I am swallowing the course "Origins - Formation of the Universe, Solar System, Earth and Life" on Coursera. Each action is subtitle supported.
Other languages mostly forgotten...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 614 of 812
28 November 2014 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
Since I was (and still am) sick, my handwriting and my mind act like they have gone wild.
And as I have nothing else to present or tell about, let me show you all that:

and the typed version (just in case):

it is never enough
I am never satisfied
I am never alright

it is never okay
it is never fine
I am never well

Never ever, ever never (x2)
it's all never alright

cast your light upon my shadow
make me believe I'm okay
be for once my guide
[or just watch me go astray]
I'll never be younger than now
and yet I feel the autumn breathing
please save me, I don't know how

dividing won't result in zero
but death doesn't respect math

ruins are around you now
shadows [are] long gone
you kneel and bow
to something which is none
I should've saved you somehow
but I am now alone
you want this none to allow
to see me just once more
oh, you poor girl, how
to tell you I'm gone

and that there's no god to make your wishes come true

P.S. [] - inserted later
P.P.S. yup, I'm an atheist and blah-blah-blah, but please don't consider this offensive, it's merely a POV, and I am not saying everyone should act like that. However I do recommend everyone to read some Dawkins :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 615 of 812
02 December 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
When I thought I am doomed to lurk around TED and Coursera forever I have found myself rather
busy with things. Writing colloquiums is a mandatory for me, I can't cope without it, and this is
quite a dull process, which requires some motivation along the way. I have tried to watch series
and write, but this turned out to be not really easy. Plus I wasn't sure what I want, so I ended up
with Russian programme about literature.
No, I am serious now. I am writing answers to a colloquium (processes and apparatus of chemical
engineering) and listen to a bunch of philologists, writers, etc. discussing various works. They do
not limit themselves with Russian ones, although Russian literature prevails for quite obvious
reasons.
I wouldn't be worried about that, but this programme perhaps pushes me away even from English,
since I don't continue watching series because of that, since I've dumped "The Magus" to read "The
Idiot" in Russian, since I have a bunch of things to read (in Russian) if I want to see some episodes.
That feels both great and bad. On one hand, I show that a man can save his love to art even being
dragged into technical stuff, but on the other hand this gives me yet another group to envy to, it
messes up with my English (no, seriously, this place was reserved!), it takes too much of my time.

But once it will be over, it will be over for a good period of time, cause that's who I am - I am
obsessed one day and don't even remember this thing the other period of time.

P.S. The programme is called "Игра в бисер", you can easily find it vkontakte, it's truly amazing.
Although I think it requires really high level of Russian, you should try watching if you have read the
book discussed. And if you need any help about that or you want to discuss a book with me - you're
more than welcome (I have such an experience, I was quite active during school literature lessons,
after all) :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 616 of 812
05 December 2014 at 2:26pm | IP Logged 
No changes except a request to write a novel (see my twitter or facebook if interested). The funny thing is that
theoretically I can write a ****load in English, but to what use? Plus I have never succeeded in that even with
Russian.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version