Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 641 of 812
05 January 2015 at 10:30am | IP Logged 
While I say that it means nothing I actually better hope for the opposite :)
So, how everything goes... I begin each day with Duolingo, minimum 20 XP per each language (German and Swedish). Yeah, it seems that all the Swedish business is getting serious. Yesterday I have rewatched Stockholm Östra in a combination Sve+Deu. German subs and
knowledge of the plot have actually left me quite satisfied with the result, I even heard more than inte (which is usually the only thing I get to hear, hehe). Some words were not clear in German even from the context, but 'tis not the movie that you watch in order to
understand everything, really. That doesn't help with studies, but is also better than nothing.
With Swedish getting serious life turns to hell:

But, well, I can either turn it off or try to get used to that.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 642 of 812
07 January 2015 at 3:49pm | IP Logged 
I had no time for experiments lately, but just for keeping my strike in Duolingo and watching a few movies: Stereo, Mobius and Monsters' University, everything with subs, two latter with English and the first with Russian.
I probably should have watched animation without subs but I am both lazy and not confident about my listening. So, shortly speaking - nothing outstanding from me during last few days.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 643 of 812
08 January 2015 at 2:35pm | IP Logged 
I have said I have to time for experiments? Haha. Began to listen to Der Vorleser today. Gosh, it's awesome. I like the voice of the reader, the sound of my dearrr German and that I can follow the plot. Of course I don't get a lot of information, so what? I am realistic
and I like the way things are now.
I have big plans for audiobooks this year, ya know...
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 644 of 812
10 January 2015 at 4:29pm | IP Logged 
I'm afraid tomorrow Africa will be covered in snow from north to south all over.
I love to sing. Unfortunately I'm far from being any good at it. Every time I was starting to sing my mother asked me to stop whining. Ouch.
Things are especially bad because I don't have music hearing, I have no idea how bad am I. Or maybe not that bad because this is exactly what pushes me to continue singing anyway.
I don't have any illusions about my voice, it's weak, but I still want to sing for myself. So I do.
Aaand today I have thought that I did good. So I went to my mother (poor woman, she has to listen to all this) and asked her to say what she's thinking.
And she said it's good. Weak voice, yes, but still good. She even said she likes it (with a grimace tho, hehe).
So why am I writing this here?
The song was in German.

Hell yeah!

P.S. Not gonna share it unless you ask, but the song is Samsas Traum - Im Kreis allein. Somehow Youtube knows nothing about it. Well I still can sing this along:
Herr des Infernos, der Nacht
Fahre hinauf, stärke mich, meine Macht,
Steig' aus dem Khaos empor,
Nimm' mich zu Dir, trage mich durch das Tor.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 645 of 812
11 January 2015 at 10:33am | IP Logged 
Yesterday I've written a poem to the January challenge:

Die deutsche Sprache ist wie ein Fluch,
der mir immer folgen wird.
Morgens sehe ich häufig ein Buch,
und dann denke ich geschwind:

Was soll ich machen dann,
wenn ich das Buch lesen will?
Weil ich gerade sagen kann,
dass ich nicht so gut bin.

Um ein Buch zu nehmen
und zu lesen, muss ich
so viel machen und wehren...
Bin ich mir sicher? Leider nicht.

Ich gebe doch nicht auf,
die Hoffnung lebt noch im Gesicht.
Und stehe ich fest drauf,
dass ich alles machen kann. Ja, ich!

I have also promised you the snow all over Africa. Not sure if that has happened, but, lang-8 correction stating that there's no mistakes would also do ^^
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 646 of 812
12 January 2015 at 12:12pm | IP Logged 
I don't like Russian cinema industry. I just don't, it's full of clichés and Hollywood interpretations. For
example, there's a movie that entirely copies the line of The lake house and manages to fill it with a
lot of "concealed" advertising. Even though the movie looks nice I know this is not enough to be any good.
My mother tries to make me watch Soviet movies claiming that they are the best ever made but she fails to
do that.
Maybe my strict attitude against Russian movies is wrong, maybe I haven't just seen enough, but when I
heard about Leviathan I was mildly curious. And since I am bored, can't get to get ready for exams
and for some other unknown reasons I decided to watch the film, not expecting too much.
So what can I say now... It's not easy in any single aspect but the plot. The plot is natural, I'm sure this has
happened in our country more than once. The rest is hard though. The language sometimes is hard even for
me to understand, so I had to rely on English hardsubs. It's not an easy film to watch with kids even though
there are almost no obscene episodes (excluding words, they appear often enough though are lost in
translation).
It quite accurately represents you the life in Russia (if we are not talking big cities). It shows you the big
problem around everything that builds up our country. Some would think that in the end the director had
presented a solution to that, but I hope he doesn't think so himself.
Anyway, I think I should stop now. I gave it 9/10 and I can only recommend it to anyone curious about
Russia and Russians. It's not ideal as a movie, I think 8/10 would be more honest, but whatever.

The creators have told they are not going to fight against piracy (which I am not sure about), but the movie
can be found of youtube if you don't want to get a DVD. It hasn't even been released in our country yet, so
people here have literally no choice if they don't want to wait.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 647 of 812
14 January 2015 at 12:12pm | IP Logged 
The first exam is tomorrow and I have to listen to my own voice reading the required material on colloid and surface science. You know no one actually likes their recorded voice, imagine what it is like to listen to loads of it instead of Samsas Traum, for example... ugh.
I don't fall out tho, bits of Duo today, and also will do some tomorrow once exam is over and brain is not burning. German haunts me, don't forget it!

Actually I'd really really really like to wake up in Austria. Yes, my level is not enough, but what else can be of so much help? Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Even when my level is sufficient the problem of getting out will still stand.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3994 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 648 of 812
15 January 2015 at 7:45am | IP Logged 
I'm not damn sure whether I should trust Duolingo or not.
First this birdie tosses present tense and imperative to the Preterite lesson, ending up like this:

And now this creature thinks I only pass 16 skills of the English from Russian course. Well, perhaps I am a
weak C1 and no C2 visible at the moment. but to be graded so low? Of course, Duolingo isn't designed for
taking placement tests just for lulz, but this is not helping me at all. Eh...

Actually there's not so much left from the German course. Soon the problem of was ich jetzt machen
soll
is going to arise. One of the problems to solve for me is vocabulary, particularly the verbs. And
yesterday I was told to look up for Russian as a help cause the verb concepts are kinda close and I shouldn't
worry about the exceptions. There are verbs, though, which are nowhere close to Russian, for example,
umbringen. Well, I can always deal with these monsters separately.
Oh, and now I know why does du hast mich dir aus dem Kopf geschlagen sound so complicated (this is
a songline). To persuade myself that dative really describes verb's reflexivity I had to remember yet another
songline: ich hab' mir alles ausgedacht.
Finally I got to see songs acting like something useful. Even if I have seen them like that before I have
forgotten all about it.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version