Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 785 of 812
24 July 2015 at 1:25am | IP Logged 
And, well, the movie was worth it (Kytice - if anyone was curious). Maybe not so much for learning Czech, but for hearing that languages really overlap in sharing some vocabulary and grammar, hehe. But I gotta admit, Russian subs were bad, sometimes not in sync
and sometimes not translating literally. Great that I can already figure out the second, huh? :D
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 786 of 812
24 July 2015 at 5:40pm | IP Logged 
Please help me here. You only need 15-20 minutes for that.
How is my English pronunciation?

Edited by Via Diva on 24 July 2015 at 5:40pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 787 of 812
29 July 2015 at 2:30am | IP Logged 
Entered 6WC with Czech. All hail the madness.

Elenia
Diglot
United Kingdom
lilyonlife.blog
Joined 3615 days ago

239 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Swedish, Esperanto

Message 788 of 812
29 July 2015 at 12:02pm | IP Logged 
Hey, I listened to your recording :) what I remarked most was the pronunciation of 'ea'
in 'speaking', which should be a long 'ee' sound, and the intonation. Well, I'm not sure
if intonation is quite the word I am looking for? I mean about where you place the stress
in certain words. Sorry that I can't be more detailed, I'm rubbish at giving feedback on
this kind of thing! Have you listened back to the recording for yourself, listening for
things that you can identify too? If you would like help on a certain point, I have loads
of free time :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 789 of 812
29 July 2015 at 1:07pm | IP Logged 
Actually putting up this recording was a bad idea, it's too long, I talk about rubbish and make mistakes mostly
because I'm nervous. I just wanted to know how “off“ do I sound, is the accent too strong, that sort of thing.
Thanks for the offer, I don't yet have a lot of time, but I'm supposed to be free since Saturday, so I can think of
something, maybe make a better recording.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 790 of 812
31 July 2015 at 1:45am | IP Logged 
I've been using some German again, the Skype meeting tomorrow is on and the Czech marathon... Can't really say I am ready, but it's no time to back off or something. Although I do need more than Nohavica in order to stay motivated. If anyone can recommend me
some Czech music, that'd be great! :D

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 791 of 812
01 August 2015 at 4:39pm | IP Logged 
I guess I am somewhat damned by a lot of different stuff. My internship is over, and
though I am going to miss the place and the people who are working at the
organisation, I welcome things like a better eating/ sleep schedule. So, today I tried
to read Herr aller Dinge again and I only stopped because I didn't want to
dedicate too much time to German. Then I tried L-Ring Harry Potter a kámen mudrců with
Russian text/Czech audio and that was the time for me to fall dead asleep. I guess,
waking up at 4 for a week also helped, yet still I know I've been prone to falling
asleep while reading even when my sleep schedule wasn't impaired.
I still consider focusing at L-R though. It's harder than I thought, maybe due to the
reader, maybe simply because Czech is too unfamiliar, but somehow it only motivates me
more.
I plan to use a speakASAP course at some point, but right now I want to give a try to
a Чешский для русскоговорящих, a textbook written in time when the relationship
between the USSR and Czech speakers was thought to be much better. I know it's not the
best choice, but from what I've seen in the speakASAP course so far, I won't keep up
to the speed and I need to be prepared, i.e. learn how to pronounce and read and learn
some vocabulary.
I desperately need some music. But I can listen to Musik auf Deutsch too, hehe.

So, overall, it's a lazy first day. I hope I can be more productive. Nothing works
better for me than a good 6WC, and it's in my power to make it good.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 792 of 812
02 August 2015 at 7:14pm | IP Logged 
Since I only did the half of the first lesson in Чешский для русскоговорящих, I finished it today, and it was mostly about reading and mít. Reading makes me literally dizzy, all these long and short vowels, the temptation to shift the accent to the
long vowel if the first is short, consonant clusters (although that is actually fine, it's like I've been granted the right to swallow the vowels which I normally shouldn't swallow in Russian).
And I already forgot the forms of mít, hihi, except for mám, máš, má, mají. Considering that I've seen them somewhat earlier before while checking out the speakASAP course, this can be yet another potential headache for me.
The funniest thing from today though is that I already tried translating stuff, but given up even with the song which was already translated in English (I was translating in Russian).

A small bonus for Russian learners, since I study Czech from Russian:
Хотя чешский местами и похож на русский, основные элементы языков сильно отличаются. Интересно видеть, как в языке славянской группы тоже могут быть важны глаголы "быть" и "иметь". Также интересна "лень", из-за которой не используются личные местоимения.
Да, на русском тоже можно часто слышать "скоро буду" (budu brzy), но все-таки в русском опущенные местоимения - скорее исключение, чем правило.
Также произношение очень сильно меняет мелодию языка. Неудивительно, что речь кажется просто смешной, прежде всего потому, что во многих общих словах сместились ударения. Однако, при желании всегда можно найти что-то смешное в иностранном языке:
- Wohin fährst du?
- Nach Deutschland...
И все эти смешные моменты перестают быть таковыми, потому что человек ко всему привыкает.
Важно, однако, не заказать себе ирокез в парикмахерской, а запретить его... но это уже совсем другой разговор :)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version