Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 113 of 812
18 September 2013 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
tarvos, я постараюсь :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 114 of 812
19 September 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged 
English today was extremely boring . Our teacher was absent for nearly a half of lesson, and the task that she gave to us to fill that time was simply.
I wanted to read something German, and I actually did (right before leaving to university), but there was so much mistakes that eventually decided to delete it. I tried to read it after university, but my mistakes stayed with me. When I got nearly desperate, I remember about extreme boredom on my university English and finally realized that I need to read some English text.
So I did.

Very long, not without mistakes, but still...
link to the audio
text part 1
text part 2
text part 3

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 115 of 812
19 September 2013 at 5:56pm | IP Logged 
Aaaand another reading.
My day is totally failed, I achieved nothing. I should've tried to deal with some thermodynamics for I am not at all good in it and we have 2 lessons of practice tomorrow - I didn't. I wanted to make presentation for practice lesson of gas and oil chemistry - I doubt that I've done more than 5% of it.
On the other side, I didn't really study German. I had a look in Anki in university, but that's all. Plus listening to the new songs. Nah, maybe I had to be that lazy today. Tomorrow will be the loooong day which I described earlier and don't want to repeat that again. I wonder if I'll survive this, hehe.
So, I gave up presentation thing and read something Russian aloud. That's the perfect demonstration of my pronunciation problems.
If you'll understand at least 50% of it - you're definitely good in Russian when it comes to listening.
link to the audio
P.S. If you need the Russian text, I can give a link in PM, considering that it's not too good from my side to show that I'm a damn pirate so openly :)

Edited by Via Diva on 19 September 2013 at 5:57pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 116 of 812
20 September 2013 at 3:24pm | IP Logged 
Day appeared to be not that bad after all. I wasn't extremely bad at both thermodynamics and analytical chemistry, and I got home in some decent mood.
However, there is literally no time for languages left. FP2 of F1 is about to be showed in here, and having Hamilton first in FP1, nasty little fan inside of me doesn't want to miss anything.
Of course, I'm not completely without German, the language is somewhere here, but its quantity means nothing comparing with the English.
So... if I'll do something, I'll write. Maybe I'll read something more in Russian if someone enjoyed the previous one - I think that it's really some kind of test. Swallowing is somewhat characteristic for Russian, but my level of using that is much more higher than it should be.

and yes, I know that this is Spanish :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 117 of 812
21 September 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
I'm ashamed to confess that I did absolutely nothing for my German today but listening to few songs.
Not because I was busy. I was extraordinary lazy.
I re-watched two movies: Ratatoulle and French Les Choristes. Both in original with English subs. Another confirmation that I shouldn't even think of learning French for speaking-understanding aim, because when I have to speak fast, no one can figure out what I'm saying. Even me. Hehe.
I must fix my German tomorrow, but I also have to make a presentation, watch F1, try to write down my physical chemistry labwork and to deal with some exercises. I have no doubt that I wouldn't do that all anyway, so I do not know if I'll try to relax with something German. I really need it and I honesty do not know why it's so hard for me to do something. Aaaargh!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 118 of 812
22 September 2013 at 5:24pm | IP Logged 
Ich hat nichts im Wochenende tun.
Listened to songs, watched movie in original English (Out of Africa, Meryl Streep and her accent are awesome, and Klaus Maria Brandauer didn't let my expectations down)... Well, my German now is more of a passive, but it is somewhere in my head, I hope.
Anyway, when I said that I didn't do anything in weekend, I mean that literally. Not even presentation. So I've got an awful week straight ahead. But I'll still be appearing here to tell you If I did something or not :)

montmorency
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4609 days ago

2371 posts - 3676 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Danish, Welsh

Message 119 of 812
22 September 2013 at 6:13pm | IP Logged 
I haven't read through the whole blog, but if you want something in German that doesn't need too big an investment
in time, and is at least somewhat scientific (thinking of your major), you might try some of these:

Kleine Anfrage

Just little clips around 3-4 minutes long. Native speaker speed, but clearly enunciated (and you could slow them
down in Audacity if you really wanted to).

They have recently reorganised the way they present their podcasts, and I don't know my way around them as well as
I used to, but this is the Wissenschaft podcast top page:
Wissenschaft

and this is the more general podcast subject index:
Auswahl nach Geschmack

3 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 120 of 812
22 September 2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, I'll definitely use them when I'll know more words :)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version