Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 241 of 812
11 November 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged 
So... I guess I should think about my English more carefully.
I managed to prepare my extracurricular reading quite fast, choosing material in morning before university
and dealing with words for about an hour during the lesson itself. I wasn't astonishingly good, but I got
12300 symbols on my reading account anyway (now less than 10 thousands remain to be "read" by me
later).
But this wasn't all the English that has haunted me today! Our lecturer during Chemistry of oil and gas told
us about another bunch on conferences, which I thought to be created not for me and my brain. But
suddenly I caught some mention of English and tried to listen carefully. It all turned to be happening
somewhere in February, and this sounded very serious: those, who thinks that they know English, will be
checked first, then regardless of the results they'll get help from those, who really knows English better and
then there would be bilingual presentations.
Well, I had to do something about my inactivity anyway, but this English direction is something like true
second chance. I took a theme for presentation, which is about waste after oil plants (don't remember how
to say it right, I hope you got the point). It would be in Russian, but I intend to find something English about
it too for I am pissed off about our ecology and every single step, even small, can do a lot of good to us, I
guess...
I was completely surprised to hear that almost no one was really using English materials in works.
Lecturer said that she has the feeling that we're still behind the iron curtain. Well, I will not became
Columbus in that sphere, for there some pioneers already, but I still can do that little bit of something,
which still stays unexplored.
I'm writing this in a bus while going home from university. The thing is - I know myself too good. Once I'll
get home, apathy will break me down and I'll spend the rest of the day doing nothing.
You can kick me, if you want, that could be useful for me, hehe.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 242 of 812
12 November 2013 at 6:16pm | IP Logged 
Only one somewhat important thing about languages for today is
that I've translated 1st chapter of the "Formula One Racing for
Dummies" into Russian. Nothing more. Where are my yesterday's
ambitions which went away once I've got home?! :(

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 243 of 812
13 November 2013 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
Just completed presentation about air pollution in English (good book and Ctrl+C rules).
Also exposed myself to meaningful (I hope) amount of Swedish in songs (first Otyg's album and Opeth's version of Den ständiga resan).
I listened to German songs too, but for this one I want to watch a movie, and today this would be Lola rennt. Yeah, I haven't seen that before. So, this is my actual plan for today - forget about physical chemistry and its truly annoying colloquium, undone exercises and not reported lab works, forget about presentation for oil and gas chemistry and relax.
Oh, and by the way, some funny things happen. After my yesterday's activity Monaco 2009 finally was fully downloaded today, and, once I have time, I'll watch it. I think of listening to Russian comments first and then to German ones, but I really don't know how I'll eventually do it, for it depends on my mood :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 244 of 812
14 November 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged 
Today's English started with "we want automate!" talking. Eventually we were told that two of us can possibly get higher mark possible without exams. Yeah, these two include me :)
Just as before, I decided not to borrow laptop and write something like a plan on blackboard. I made a picture of that:

I was talking with some mistakes, but it was clear that I was a little bit thrilled, so there was absolutely nothing criminal (awful sentence, I guess...). Teacher repeated names of those, who can possibly receive "an automate" and there was no changes.
Actually, the chances do not seem high because all that system was pointed to freshmen, while they (who invented that system) wasn't sure about the rest. But it would be great not to pass English exam, considering that we have other two horrible subjects to deal with.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4488 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 245 of 812
14 November 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged 
It would be terrible not to pass it (pass = СДАТЬ) You mean not having to sit it
(сдавать!)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 246 of 812
14 November 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged 
Damn. That's why it would be great not to sit it. Thanks!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 247 of 812
15 November 2013 at 2:41pm | IP Logged 
Today was pretty much average. I haven't managed to do anything in German (except for small amount of music). For English I decided to drop Durrell and to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That's all because of my not very good mood. When colloquium take place on Wednesday and you wrote only the first question and you have to do a whole lot of other things, how would you feel yourself in this situation?
So, being awfully tired after a long day I intend to re-watch something. I don't know what yet, but I hope I'll find it. No FPs of F1 today, which is kinda sad, that's another reason to relax.
Some funny news too. Remember my awe because of "Polyglot" show? So, there's finally some news. One of those who's willing to learn German from zero, is Николай Расторгуев, the singer of Любэ. I'm a die-hard fan of them from the very early, very early age, so it's just another boost for my not at all small interest.
There's a good song by them to sum it up. And it's really in English... ok, partially :)
(click on the pic to get to the song of YouTube)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 248 of 812
17 November 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged 

If something is hard to read but you're interested what it is - just ask me about it :)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version