Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 313 of 812
16 December 2013 at 6:31pm | IP Logged 
Nah, that test doesn't mean a thing, but thanks :)
1 person has voted this message useful

montmorency
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4609 days ago

2371 posts - 3676 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Danish, Welsh

Message 314 of 812
17 December 2013 at 6:21pm | IP Logged 
Via Diva wrote:
YouTube video:
pics+audio

I enjoyed your video, especially the skilfully interwoven visuals.
Your English was accented, but perfectly understandable, and grammatical as far as I
noticed.

Most of us seem not as brave as you are in putting yourself out there, so well done, and
I wish you success in your language studies in 2014 and beyond.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 315 of 812
18 December 2013 at 1:08am | IP Logged 
Thanks! It was really important for me to make this video understandable, no matter how I would sound in the end. I'm glad to receive another confirmation that it's not hard to understand me there :)
I'm no brave comparing to other Team STARt lads, but yes, these interwoven visuals can help me just enough to reach my goal.
And good luck to you, too! :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 316 of 812
18 December 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged 
I've finally got tired of Letzte Instanz which, combined with lack of free time, means that my German in currently neglected. Not that I glad to admit it, it's actually sad, but that's the demand of the situation, I presume.
English is always with me, and mostly it's all about songs. Actually, I've installed Words of Wonder app and I hope to play a bit today. Last time I fell asleep because my mind tires fast from this game, hehe.
I've dropped a big bunch of problems off my shoulders today (yeah, that's about physical chemistry), so I'm going to take a rest in the... erm... rest of the evening. Don't know if I'll watch something or re-watch, don't know in which language this would be, but if it'll matter something, I'll write about it :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 317 of 812
20 December 2013 at 10:52am | IP Logged 
That was hell of a day!
First of all, I was told that I can possibly get my 5/5 without actual examination (we call it автомат) for my English. Well, not even possibly, I will get it. And then I was told that I shouldn't even go to English lesson on Monday... but I will. I need to hear our teacher saying that.
The finniest thing about this situation is that I didn't come to English lesson yesterday. I wanted to do something about applied mechanics instead. Basically all I had to do is to remember how to deal with one particular type of exercises. But... well... my feelings were pretty much similar to these:

So I was ready to fail.
It was supposed to be simple: you either pass or not. But then it turned out that we'll get a mark on our usual 5 scale. Our lecturer was literally overwhelmed by this fact and he made us to think about these marks by ourselves because he doesn't know us good enough. Taking into account my "excellent marks" of physics and mathematics, I was ready to ask for 3/5 - yeah, I'm honest person. Eventually it turned out that we can dare to ask a little bit more - and so I did!
Please, don't think that all education in Russia goes like this. We missed a whole load of his lections (because of him, by the way), he wished us nothing bad and we... we always use the easiest way :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 318 of 812
21 December 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged 
Lazy Saturday, as usual.
Yesterday evening I watched Hotel Lux (Ger+Rus - 7/10), and today I rewatched Breaking the Waves (Eng+Eng). I also started rewatching The Shutter Island but I have to drop it due to some urgent homework and I'm not sure whether I should continue rewatching it or not. One thing for sure: I can't get away without subs. Aaargh!
Oh, nearly forgot to mention. While I was cooking I tried to listen to Fight Club (I mean book), and I seem to understand a lot, more than 90%, I dare say. But that was quiet cooking and the work was duly, so I doubt that I'll be able to improve my hearing skills in that way for a long time.
P.S.

:)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 319 of 812
25 December 2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged 
While I was waiting for our lecturer to deal with us, I was thinking
about the all things around me... hence this:

»Ich schenke dir die Nervenzusammenbruch« - sagte meine
Universität. Ich habe das Geschenk genommen und es macht mich
völlig krank... Aber was kann ich tun? Ich habe keine Wahl. Ich habe
nur einzigen Weg - der Weg bis zum Ende. Es ist der Weg des
Leidens... und der Weg des Studium.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 320 of 812
25 December 2013 at 4:47pm | IP Logged 
I just dropped my smartphone on the table after the number of hopeless tries of recording my speech for another video of mine.
I intended to speak freely and improvising - all to get short and good outcome. How naive I am!
Ok, let's start from the beginning.
University goes fairly well for me for the time being and I made second half of a day to look like a reward for previous days of hard work. I was in good mood, to put it shortly, so I decided to keep that up. As soon as I had the idea to make I recording, I went for it on a conditions described above - and there was no luck for me. I know the topic, but I can't make something whole and good of it. None of my recordings has a proper ending, they all are long and full of rubbish.
The worst thing about it is that I'm able to speak with myself about various topics (yeah, I'm a crazy one), but I don't feel comfortable with "ON AIR" mode.
I think I need to have some speaking practice, but how? I'm too damn shy to call anyone and I have no guarantee that it would be also easy to accept the call (though I think there are some exceptions, hehe).
Oh, anyway...

(which is out of reach now)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version