last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 49 of 812
24 August 2013 at 5:35pm | IP Logged 
25th of August
German: Australian GP 2000 with German comments. Some word I can easily hear, but it's hard to get the meaning of the whole sentences. Well, on the other hand, I coud've been not very attentive listener due to real interest to the race itself.
English: started to watch Injustice (because of James Purefoy, hehe). There was very strange feeling in the beginning - I heard the words so clear that I really didn't look at subtitles. It passed quickly, but this is something anyway.
By the way - subs were Russian. This is not good, but for my level this is some kind of game: first I try to guess what the words mean and then look to subs and comparing the results.
Anyway, not the best progress today. But F1 is awesome, so awesome that I even had to watch GP2 :) No regrets but only good mood :)
P.S. Checked something of Panzerballett today. Progressive jazz death metal. Yeah, this actually exists.

Music while typing: Savatage - Dead Winter Dead, but it could've been Opeth - Heir Apparent
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4492 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 50 of 812
24 August 2013 at 8:58pm | IP Logged 
Death metal with odd time signatures...

Try VNV Nation. Electronic music, but not trance/dance/techno, more moody/atmospheric
goth-based stuff. Beautiful.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 51 of 812
25 August 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged 
tarvos, I listened to their first album, but found nothing catchy so far. Well, there are many reasons why, but it's kinda rare when I start to like group from first checkings. So, I'll try them later again if I'll get some time and mood.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4492 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 52 of 812
25 August 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged 
I don't know that album, but Illusion is a great song :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 53 of 812
26 August 2013 at 5:04pm | IP Logged 
26th of August
Finally managed to listen to CD1 of Foundation Review (Michel Thomas). Description in the beginning suit whole scenario very well and I tried to listen without book at all. Well, that wasn't very smart because I got in complete mess with long sentences. Too lazy to press pause button I did really suffered because of it. And I didn't remember some quite important words such as *opens Google Almighty Translate* fertig = right, didn't recognise differense between wo and wohin at first, etc...
But still I think that I'm not very bad after all.
English today concluded in a litlle reading of Dexter. When autumn'll come I'll probably read more than now. I actually like to read, that was the thing that grant me with myopia and glasses, so I hope that there will be no problem with that.
I really want to get back to LR of Harry Potter. But, apparently, I'm too busy doing nothing... / Ich will Harry Potter lesen aber ich bin sehr beschäftigt denn ich tun nichts.

Music while typing: Rammstein - Ohne dich
P.S. I nearly hate so much of industrial metal sounding, but somehow I can listen to these guys. I tried NIN - no result - so I know what I'm talking about...
P.P.S. English - forgot to mention - watched 2013 British GP with BBC comments. Truly amazing, understood nearly 80% :)

Edited by Via Diva on 26 August 2013 at 5:07pm

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4492 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 

Message 54 of 812
26 August 2013 at 5:05pm | IP Logged 
Rammstein are funny live. NIN are barely even metal... but I love them too. And have seen
NIN live as well.

Edited by tarvos on 26 August 2013 at 5:06pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 55 of 812
26 August 2013 at 5:11pm | IP Logged 
tarvos, вот это скорость! :)
Well, I haven't really tried NIN, because their discography was hard even to download right... :)
And Rammstein is quite popular in Russia, people can easily start to learn German because of them. Here's nearly every song of them translated into Russian - quite rare case for non-English languaged group http://www.amalgama-lab.com/songs/r/rammstein/

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 56 of 812
27 August 2013 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
27th of August
German: LR second chapter of Harry Potter (eventually!), listen to lots of Rammstein's Ohne dich (example of song that just stucks in mind and stays until some time will pass).
I could've possibly LR more, but then I've tried to listen to English podcast from Coach Shane (just as he asks to be called, hehe), but I was distracted by my cousin, who came up with completely absurd demanding. I'm able to do amateur stuff in Photoshop, so he asked if I can do 13 wallpapers for him to make slideshow. I was astonished but just not able to say no. But I have some limits and when durung the second Skype session (we were talking while I was working - that's my condition) he confirmed that he want more, I back off. Well, I really was tired, made 9 wallpapers so far :)
And I don't think that tomorrow situation would change due to need to write in F1 blog, make first part of post for that very popular hockey blog that I've mentioned here some time before... feel like I'm in university already :)
Actually, I passed some tests in the morning and something is wrong with my ISTP. I did these tests before (in Russian) and I think that I was somewhere higher in the lists - maybe Maxim Gorky, maybe Yesenin - I don't remember actual results. What a shame that I didn't save that somewhere... but, anyway, this is not related to language study, it's just came up to mind :)

Music while typing: nothing at the moment, but I mentioned what I was listening today :)

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version