Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 569 of 812
14 September 2014 at 1:23pm | IP Logged 
After seeing Into the Pantheon and bits of Nachtreisen I watched an episode of Luther. That is to explain why I have seen just one episode so far, haha.
Then I watched first ever Formula E race which I couldn't see yesterday (I was really tired). There were no Russian comments available, but English ones work great for me, I'd say that I could get more than 90% (not sure about that though). Got to see quite a drama, hear different accents (French accent from a glad Frenchman is even funnier than usual) and think about the future.

6WC is over and considering that I have to enroll in a college to get permission to work as a laboratory assistant in addition to things that are going on in uni already, I probably won't be able to do much. But I still want to integrate some German in my life, and I have books, textbooks, songs, audiobooks and even series to do so, let alone such stuff as Memrise or Duolingo. However, consistency will very likely remain my constant problem.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 570 of 812
16 September 2014 at 1:56pm | IP Logged 
Yesterday was quite a mad day, including writing on my knees (it's impossible to read!), colloquium preparation and some funny thoughts with drama and total wtf. Today is also crazy, mostly because of our funny ecology lecturer.
I still listen to a lot of Dornenreich, and when I say a lot I mean a lot. And this is my sole connection to German at the moment. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
(No, I do not intend to study French)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 571 of 812
19 September 2014 at 4:54pm | IP Logged 
No languages last days, just nothing. This feels a little bit strange, yet okay - I might have crossed some limits after which I get tired even more than usual.
Oh, well, wait. I still listen to Dornenreich (well, it's going to go down quite soon and I will have to find other things to listen to, but at the moment I'm still occupied), I have watched another series (Luther), I have been thinking in both languages (mostly in English, I even got to the point of obscene cursing today - I wonder what would characters reply to me, haha). I guess I have also reached the point when it's impossible to stay out of languages - even German crosses my mind now on daily basis, it's become a habit.
And this is actually happened long ago, but I only get to realize it when I stop active studies. Maybe I just have to continue them, but since October I will have even more problems on my shoulders, not to mention lots of math which I don't get, so it's not likely that I'll get to next 6WC.
On the other hand... well, it might be exactly the reason to get to it!

(I hate the way my mind works sometimes)

Gemuse
Germany
Joined 3863 days ago

818 posts - 1189 votes 
Speaks: English
Studies: German

Message 572 of 812
20 September 2014 at 8:36pm | IP Logged 
Via Diva wrote:
not to mention lots of math which I don't get

Get math texts in German. Solve two problems at once :thumbsup:
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4790 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 573 of 812
20 September 2014 at 11:24pm | IP Logged 
I agree with Gemuse. I know nothing better then to study medicine from foreign textbooks and internet sources ;-) Even though math is a "language" by itself, you won't find too much practice in the textbooks perhaps.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 574 of 812
21 September 2014 at 2:29am | IP Logged 
Well, this sounds really interesting, can't argue about that, but the problem is that I won't cope with math even in Russian and English, given that my university math course nearly ended up with a failure. However, I might consider memorizing things (if it's necessary) in three languages.
I thought it would be hard to find a book, but I hit Ingenieur-Mathematik I, II. Skript zur Vorlesung im. Studiengang Geodäsie in less than a minute of searching.
Or maybe I should drop English from the three in order to avoid interference. Meh...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 575 of 812
22 September 2014 at 5:48pm | IP Logged 
Life strikes hard: next Monday we have a colloquium and almost nothing in our lectures. It would've been funny if it wasn't so sad.
So here's some English handwriting from yesterday (I am definitely not going to spent my free time with languages as is studies, as today shows:

(taken from Noekk, not from the Dead Can Dance - fortunately or not is up to you)

Mareike
Germany
Joined 6005 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 576 of 812
22 September 2014 at 6:22pm | IP Logged 
Oh there are plenty of scripts online. Most students have problems with maths thats why there is so much stuff.
And you even can access them, when you're not registered at university.

Tübingen: Just click maths and you'll a collection of video lectures. Btw. there are also a few things for medicine.
LMUNot every lecture is accessable, but a few.
RUB: Here you find a few links to other math scripts.

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version