Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 8 ... 101 102 Next >>
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4487 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 57 of 812
27 August 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged 
I think ISTP and Socionics don't actually match up entirely - some ones get switched
around. I am a rare case where ISTP and Gabin match up. I did the socionics stuff when I
was in Russia... my best Russian friend is Don Quixote, hahaha...

Edited by tarvos on 27 August 2013 at 7:53pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 58 of 812
28 August 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged 
tarvos, I'd be glad to pass that test once again. but I remember that it was very long and I have no patience for that now :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 59 of 812
29 August 2013 at 3:35pm | IP Logged 
No German today - no proper log.
*facepalm*
I can't even start to look at grammar...
English... Two movies w/Eng subs (In Brugges and Marie Krøyer), maybe I'll watch third one to cheer up.
P.S. Ok, I listened to first chapter of HP1 in German, but I was outside while doing this, it was raining hard and I could barely heard anything. Hehe)

Music while typing: Angizia - Maß für Maß

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 60 of 812
30 August 2013 at 3:51pm | IP Logged 
30th of August
German... I began another method. Teacher claims that we'll be able to speak normally, to create basics and etc after 7 lessons, each takes about 30 minutes.
Nothing really new in first lesson, but it somehow pushes me to write. And I mean that word - write. Here's the photo of second and final piece of writing:

here's original
But that wwas in evening. I watched another German movie in morning - Das Haus der Krokodile. Cried in the end, realized that I saw Christoph Maria Herbst there (I need to LR Schachnovelle once again...), downloaded lots of German movies after that. I can proof that:

So far downloaded all but last. That's funny, because the last one has no original sound and no subs anyway...
English is combined with German movie because I use English subs. Relatively easy L2 :)

Ich bin zufrieden :)

No misic while typing, but I was jumping between Savatage, Angizia and Iron Maiden, i.e. nothing new :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 61 of 812
31 August 2013 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
31st of August
I'm completely devastared. I just saw my university schedule. It's awful. We weren't expecting some parts of it at all. The thing is - we were told what subjects we wll study in this semester, but our schedule doesn't matches to that. I just feel some spite of experiment - well, that is the thing that we should be used to it. Since our educational system has been changed, all things somehow are going wrong or strange.
Plus, second lesson of that 7 lessons method was weird. It was very short and incomplete. Well, it's easier to explain with pictures.
So, we have these words to know and learn:

Also, we have this task:

How the hell we should guess the right answer here?!

I'm not a genius, I wrote "wie" instead of "welche".
Ok, I do understand that nothing is petfect and whatever, but this is basics and we have to know it well.
The rest of my mistakes is typical for me since I have had no real work with verbs with "ihr" and "du" and eventually I'll handle that. But shoud I continue that course - I do not know now...
Listened to a lot of "Deutsch - Warum nicht?" yesterday evening and today morning. I don't think I learn something from that, but I'm definitely interested in plot, hehe. Also listened to A.J. Hoge's Effortless English once again. Well, his histories are weird, but it could've been useful for me if only I had enough will to do them...

Music while typing: Angizia - Zügellos

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 62 of 812
01 September 2013 at 10:21am | IP Logged 
1st of September or, more likely, 32nd of August, part 1
Yesterday evening I decided to give another chance to Anki, now with help of my phone. Well, to be honest, I used that wrong in the first time, because I didn't intend to make cards myself. Stupid lazy girl. So, late yesterday evening I open Google Translate app and AnkiDroid and started listing nouns (mostly).
I feel that it'll be hard for me to deal with articles. I've tried "Der Die Das Free" (Russian ver) app, but it has only 2 levels. I can buy full version, but last comments about it aren't good, and, maybe, free version of "King of German Article" would be enough for me.
Watched "Rubinrot" today. Well, honestly, it did suit my mood, so I gladly marked movie with 9/10. Now I have to read books, hehe :)
In the evening I'll look at 3rd lesson 0f 7, hope there is no mistakes or missed moments as it was in 2nd.

Music while typing: Angizia - Pique Dame und Rachmaninov, 1904
P.S. Actually, their untranslated librettos are motivating me too right now. My crazy idea was to take all unknown words from their last album and make cards in Anki. Well, that was foolish for the beginner, but who knows, maybe it'll be possible in future? :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 63 of 812
01 September 2013 at 3:26pm | IP Logged 
1st of September, part 2
3rd lesson appeared to be dedicated to modal verbs only. And we were told that German-speaking people use future tense very, very rare, which leads me to conclusion that we will not study that tense at all. Then, actually, we shall not think about Präteritum as well.
Some mistakes in exercises, but they're all mine. For example, I mixed up möchten and mögen. Still have problems with ihr... ah, I know that this is because of Russian influence (we have no difference at all between Sie and ihr, except that some people prefer to write polite version with capital letter), so I must be more accurate with these words. And, finally, I still can't remember that alles requires singular verb form. Weird case I must be, that shouldn't even appear as a problem, but...
Watched "Spur der Steine". Interesting and truly movie. I watched with English subtitles and that was very hard in beginning due to huge amount of half-forgotten and unknown words appearing in subs. But GoldenDict was working properly on my phone and I wouldn't give up my L2 movie watching. I watched "Rubinrot" with Russian subs, by the way, so I just had to use English subs in second movie.
I need some LR. But I also need to watch another movie, drink tea, listen to some Russian speech, drink tea, get myself ready to university, drink tea, sleep...

I like sense of knowing something new so much when it comes to German... And if only I had enough power of will, experience, etc, my progress could've been much, much better. Yes, I'm that one who thinks too much about "what if". And I'm also that one who constantly repeats certain words... :)

Music while typing: Devil Doll - Mr. Doctor

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4014 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 64 of 812
02 September 2013 at 1:51pm | IP Logged 
Ich habe keine Lust irgendwas zu studieren...
2nd of September
Due to some required social activity we missed our English (German for one of us, though) lesson, now we have to wait till Thursday. Also we had no Thermodynamics today. I can honestly say that today was some kind of oil day: both lesson that we eventually visited were about that. Hence the question - are chemical engineering students supposed to work somewhere except oil industry after grading? Because if not I'm better to learn English as close to perfection, as I only can, and make money for a living by translating technical literature...
I knew before that day actually started that I have to help myself fight through this. So I choose Atlas Shrugged in original to make that help. It did so far...
And German... I did remembered that I have to do lesson 4 today, but I absolutely forgot about Anki. Why didn't I remember about it yesterday and why do I thinking now - I do not know, honestly.

That one who studies German asked me where she could expand her vocabulary. She said that she knows all rules and there is absolutely no problems, but she lacks vocabulary. I recommended Memrise, but to be honest, I do not know what to tell her as well. She said that reading doesn't suit her, neither do movies... well, maybe that's a lack of motivation, she knows better.
Actually, can someone recommend method of studying English based on German? I once said that I'll try to find something, but I have not discovered anything...

Ok, I'm off to lesson 4 with hope that there would be past tense, eventually...

Music while typing: Rammstein - Keine Lust

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version