Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 80 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 633 of 812
26 December 2014 at 5:23pm | IP Logged 
I have ended this awful week with epic fail (not languages related), 5-day strike on Duolingo (and I can do MOAR) and finishing The Solitude of Prime Numbers. Frankly, I was bewildered by the title and my expectations turned out to be too high.
But now I am off to read The Silkworm with even higher expectations. What else you are to think facing You-Know-Who's books?
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 634 of 812
27 December 2014 at 5:34pm | IP Logged 
Well, my Duolingo strike is even longer, but still not something I haven't done before.
I have also discovered "Immersion" there and ended up with this:

and yeah, I added the article about Dornenreich in the first place.
Then I've swallowed the second season of Accused, and, frankly, the first episode featuring Sean Bean as... erm... a woman (sometimes) is the most interesting one.
In the evening I wanted to take a song and add its unknown words to Anki, but ended up adding lyrics of this artist to musixmatch, it took some time.
And then Innamorato pazzo. Nice film, especially the serenade part (I first heard this thing in Tom&Jerry, liked it back then). Well, I was planning to watch it during 6WC in November, but meh, when could I get the time for that...
A productive day for a tired mind, I think.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 635 of 812
28 December 2014 at 7:12am | IP Logged 
Just so I remember - Goals for 2015:

I didn't even want to make some goals for I have not achieved those of 2014, not even close, but meh...
Main focus is German, with which I hope to:
- be able to watch things I know without subtitles
- read more than I can now (which is close to nothing but songs' lyrics without knowing >half the words)
- start using it actively somehow (I'd aim for writing more than speaking, but both would be even better)
- have an idea of what's going on with the language (my level is really unknown, at some things it's A1 but close to B1 with others)
- listen to a pile of audiobooks I've downloaded (18 gigabytes!!! omg, how could I...)
Next is Swedish, with which I would like to:
- go past A1 (considering that I am A0)
- still have a desire to learn it
- find and L-R Millennium in Swe/Eng (or even Swe/Deu, if I suddenly become a pirate that good!)
Then it's Greek, I would like to:
- finally learn the alphabet, rules of pronunciation, reading and thus be comfortable with switching
- find a suitable course
- find good books and audiobooks (I am so not going to read the Bible...)
Italian:
- decide what to do about it, level 6 on Duolingo ruined down to zero when I've tried strengthen my skills
Other languages:
- L-R Les rois maudits for fun and to be sure that I am not going to do anything with French
- Patiently wait for Esperanto course on Duolingo

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 636 of 812
28 December 2014 at 12:41pm | IP Logged 
Is there a pause button or something like that?

if only that would bring me some good and not just be beautiful numbers.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 637 of 812
29 December 2014 at 6:13pm | IP Logged 
Today's Duolingo is not even close to that of yesterday, but still fine.
I have watched Jagten (10/10) Dan+Eng and this movie is yet another confirmation to the simple fact that I am so not going to learn Danish, hehe.
Also translated one Dornenreich's song (from English, to be honest, but it doesn't really matter). Tbh I could do much much more, but I feel too lazy.
I must say I like how articles work in Swedish (if en man - mannen is enough to get the point).

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 638 of 812
02 January 2015 at 7:54am | IP Logged 
If I were to review 2014 as short as possible I'd say that it was discovering time. Lots of experience, including language's one, some new and good things (kann man in einer Band verliebt sein? Ach, Dornenreich), some weren't too good (like
that failed experiment with Italian), but overall it's neither achievement nor failure.
Hopefully 2015 will be better. After all...

... I've managed to see Geld, Wahrheit und Verbundenheit :D which means nothing, but helps with setting up a good mood :)

Edited by Via Diva on 02 January 2015 at 3:21pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 639 of 812
02 January 2015 at 3:19pm | IP Logged 
As for 2015 I participate in several TAC teams:
- Rätsel (German, also a captain, which feels exciting and terrifying a bit)
- Advanced Study Group (let us call my poor English advanced and see what happens)
- English as an Advanced Second Language (kinda the same story)
- the tandem with tarvos dedicated to Greek
From all the languages I study I am more interested in English and German, the latter being my damnation, curse and fate. I have not yet decided what to do with my Italian while it has fallen back to zero. Greek and Swedish are the kids or Wanderlust I have believed I never will
be sick of.

At the moment all I do is Duolingo, and I switch between German and Swedish.
The most interesting thing about Swedish so far is its way of using definite articles. Practically is is awful (like Swype not knowing how to write the vegetatian in Swedish - I do rely on Swype with orthography), but theoretically it is just beautiful and elegant.
Actually when I don't have to memorize words (aka from my phone using Swype) I go pretty fast and easy over the lessons. I don't know how much will stay with me afterwards and I have bad example of Italian, but let's just see...

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5741 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 640 of 812
02 January 2015 at 4:38pm | IP Logged 
Well I picked up Kind, Freunde and Familie. Friends and family are important to me but I need
a few more holidays before I start to think about Kinder. Oh dear! At least, as you say, it
means nothing!

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version