Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 657 of 812
20 January 2015 at 3:41am | IP Logged 
Two weeks?! I can read it, maybe like it, but still give it back. At least if we're talking about Russian or English
that should work out nicely. Hehe.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 658 of 812
23 January 2015 at 5:04pm | IP Logged 
Having broke free from all the exams I sat today evening in front of a MOOC dedicated to academic writing.
Eh... feels like I have to walk quite a way, but I hope it will lead me somewhere, otherwise I am screwed.
Other activities while Swedish is a sleep mode, I only do German on Duolingo in order to keep my strike.
Started The Absent One today due to the fact that I have finished The Silkworm yesterday. This took
me too long.
Maybe with such an amount of free time I will get to start that crazy project soon.

Edited by Via Diva on 23 January 2015 at 5:05pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 659 of 812
24 January 2015 at 3:14pm | IP Logged 
I am done with Week 1 tasks on AWMOOC. It took me 2-3 hours overall and, frankly, I am not sure this is
gonna work. I have already written an essay there (and I wasn't asked to, haha), so I am just gonna double
that here:
Discuss the differences between the way of life in your country now and the way of life in the past
I am 20-years old student and I live in Russia. This country is famous partially because of its rich history.
Starting off as a small kingdom in Eastern Europe (around the area of modern Kiev), Kievskaya Rus' had
transformed into a lot of other formations, to come to Russian Federation, that is our country at the
moment.
As you know, Russian Federation is one of the parts of former USSR, a formation that lasted for 70 years,
but left a huge impact on the world's history. The very formation of USSR happened in a pool of blood from
World War I and the Civil War. The poorest people did not live greatly before the USSR came, they were
illiterate and had no rights. The ideology of USSR was communism, and although to reach the pure
communism is an utopian idea, the level of this poorest classed upped by simple and elegant decision of
fixing the illiteracy problem. And this need to educate people, give them a place in life is, to me, the key
element that's missing in our modern life in Russia.
Of course, life in Russia differs a lot with that of USSR, but this lost sense of purpose, lack of an established
place in the society, is one of the main differences there is.

A piece of self-criticism:
It's long (I barely managed to stay under 1200 characters)
It has excessive details (hands up if you think Kievskaya Rus' matters anything here. Oh I see none of you is
doing that, ok)
The idea is vague
I clearly suck at conclusions

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 660 of 812
26 January 2015 at 2:26pm | IP Logged 
I remember some bragging about big plans for English, German and Swedish... Screw that, I am watching The Big Bang Theory at season per day rate. Damn...
Maybe I will get bored at some point and try switching off subtitles, reading or something else, but something tells me this thing will take its time. Eh...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 661 of 812
30 January 2015 at 2:56pm | IP Logged 
I'm not bored with this freaking show at all. I show all the standard signs of being obsessed with it (aka falling
in love with a character from it, imagining myself in the series, not being able to freaking press that damn
pause button). And I can't leave all seasons on my netbook (like I did with Lie to me, so I don't think I am
helping my English much here.
In fact I feel like Penny, because when my education is good enough to understand some jokes, my vocabulary
fails me greatly. And I am not even trying to actually look up words I don't know, I just pretend everything is
okay.
Would subs2srs help here or I just need a session of ass-kicking?

Edited by Via Diva on 30 January 2015 at 2:56pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 662 of 812
01 February 2015 at 2:02am | IP Logged 
I hate being obsessed with something so much that when is ends I feel like a junkie in a rehab. Well, not that I know exactly what a junkie feels during a rehab, but apart from rewatching The Big Bang Theory is Russian I am done with it at the moment. Frankly, a week spent in watching nothing but this show is disturbing enough.
However, this is the beginning of 6WC, I got a brand-new 32 gigabytes SD-card and even having not finished reading The Absent One I just have to start my big project.
Or watch Äkta människor...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 663 of 812
01 February 2015 at 3:50pm | IP Logged 
So far junkie feels bad even having managed to do some Eng-Ger LR with Verblendung and watch Män som hatar kvinnor Swe+Swe. Both are terribly frustrating, because the German audiobook has whole paragraphs cut off and it's hard to follow, and because
Swedish looks terrifying when looking at subtitles.
I've just browsed through the rules of pronunciation and got even more scared. I... must... be... brave!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4015 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 664 of 812
02 February 2015 at 12:17pm | IP Logged 
I've just went through a session of self-humiliation aka watching an episode of Doctor Who in English without subtitles.
I know my listening is bad.
I had no idea that is is that bad.
Or maybe I had. Whatever...

Even though the plot is relatively clear (the awesome part of it was easy enough to understand) I can't really continue this now. First of all, I am still that junkie in a rehab, getting self-distracted all the time. Second: I have already watched a total of 8 episodes. Since we're not
talking David Tennant, this is tiring. Third: Swedish awaits.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version