Sweden
Joined 6141 days ago

161 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Portuguese, French, Russian

Message 10 of 11
13 October 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged 
sillygoose1 wrote:
Don't you think that you're running along with the sheep by praising only people's old
work? There are just as many people who praise the older stuff than people who praise the newer. I'm not
even going to try to understand how you can tell if people can form a taste of their own from an imdb review
or not.

I don't see why it's tragic that people can find merit in his newer movies as well as his older ones.

Putting all of this aside, I did say I liked his earlier movies. Atame, Las mujeres, Hable con ella, etc. When I
said his earlier movies, I was talking about stuff like Tacones & Kika. So where's your argument there?

I take it you like "deep" movies where lots of "deep" dialogue and scenes takes place, like looking at a lake
for half the film. Because writing is the ONLY thing that matters.

Okey sorry for misunderstanding, I thought you were talking about the movies I liked. Some of his earlier
movies might be boring yes, tbh I only saw Mujeres Al Borde... of his older movies, and I dont remember it
well but I think it was a bit more boring. It still blows my mind however how anyone could like La Piel Que
Habito with that ludicrous plot I just mentioned. The dialogue is imo also extremly stilted and awkward

Edited by anime on 13 October 2013 at 9:33am

1 person has voted this message useful

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4832 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 11 of 11
25 January 2014 at 1:39pm | IP Logged 
I saw "Los amantes pasajeros" yesterday and loved it.

...and how can you not mention "Pepi, Luci, Bom y otras chicas del montón" when talking about Almodóvar's earlier films?

Not to mention my personal favorite: "¿Qué he hecho yo para merecer esto!!"

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version