United Kingdom
Joined 4586 days ago

28 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 1 of 3
25 May 2013 at 5:58am | IP Logged 
I never intended to learn Italian!

At my college every Wednesday afternoon there was a 2 hour slot for 'enrichment' where
all students were off timetable for 2 hours to do extracurricular activities and just
let themselves go:) The list of activities included sports, yoga, orchestra,Zumba
,British Sign Language , First aid and of course Italian. In my first week of college I
had to choose an activity to do. I don't especially like doing sport in front of others
so that was definitely out of the question! During my highschool years I picked up
Polish quite well and was still very interested in languages. I didn't even know
Italian existed as an activity until I was on my way to my History lesson and I saw the
light on in a little room tucked away underneath the stars to my History lesson. I
decide to go and check it out. On the door there was a timetable and in HUGE letters it
said Italian. I knocked on the door and walked it to be greeted by a little teacher. I
was quite nervous and asked whether I could start coming to Italian. She immediately
agreed. At first I thought that I would never get the language then surely enough I
fell in love with Italian and it just clicked in my head. Since then I have never
looked back and I am taking GCSE Italian exams the year ( I am predicted an A*). I am
glad I decided to check out that little room hidden under the stairs otherwise I would
have missed out on the 2 years of fun ,laughs and joy that Italian has brought to my
life.
Grazie Rita per tutti !

I know this post is a little long but I thought I should let people know that language
learning is not always planned and fate leads you their sometimes:)

SO guys It would be nice to hear how you guy began learning your languages?

CIAO FOR NOW!

Edited by DarrenDaka on 25 May 2013 at 5:59am

1 person has voted this message useful

DarrenDaka
United Kingdom
Joined 4586 days ago

28 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 2 of 3
16 August 2015 at 11:27pm | IP Logged 
I want to update this post.

I received an A* for my GCSE Italian . Since then I have not used my Italian by in the
future I would like to attain a B2 level.

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4477 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 3 of 3
19 August 2015 at 11:05pm | IP Logged 
DarrenDaka wrote:
I received an A* for my GCSE Italian.

Complimenti!

DarrenDaka wrote:
Since then I have not used my Italian by in the
future I would like to attain a B2 level.

When you decide to get back into it, there are plenty of Italian resources on the web (and a
fair few threads here listing them.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version