12 messages over 2 pages: 1 2  Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 1 of 12
31 May 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged 
Are there any Criminal Case addicts out there? It's a facebook game about solving crimes.
The following languages are available:

English
Spanish
German
French
Portuguese
Italian
Turkish

It's largely a hidden objects game, where you go to the "crime scene" and find various items. Great way to learn the household stuff without getting bored!!!
You also send stuff to the lab etc, so there's quite a lot of text. (typical example in English - when you've found enough objects to earn a star, you get a nice dialogue like this :))

I mentioned household items but really there's A LOT of variety - I'm just in the town's "industrial area" for now and I've already been to the port, parking lot, butcher's, local store, construction site and many others :))) later you get to go to night clubs and all sorts of interesting places :) And of course the whole thing is VERY useful if you like reading detective stories ;)

Beware, it's addictive!!! If you have more than one fb account, I recommend trying it on the less important one - if you're okay with that, it's very good to add plenty of fellow players :D
For me personally, it's a good excuse to add random Croatians, Brazilians and other people who post in interesting languages on fb :)

Edited by Serpent on 31 May 2013 at 1:24am

10 persons have voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6669 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 12
31 May 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged 
This sounds darn interesting! Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook (and probably won't register for a while - still too many other web-related things that take up time).
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 3 of 12
31 May 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged 
You can make a fake account in order not to be distracted by people who've met you once and want to add you :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

schoenewaelder
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5320 days ago

759 posts - 1197 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 4 of 12
01 June 2013 at 4:08pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
If you have more than one fb account, I recommend trying it on the less important one

I thought facebook only permitted real-person accounts? Although now i think about it, I don't suppose that prevents a real person from having more than one account

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 5 of 12
01 June 2013 at 5:26pm | IP Logged 
Who cares about what facebook allows :D
Ideally you need a name that sounds realistic, but that's it.

Michel1020
Tetraglot
Belgium
Joined 4777 days ago

365 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish, Dutch

Message 6 of 12
02 June 2013 at 12:40pm | IP Logged 
I would prefer
to read Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, Simenon...
to watch Monk, Colombo, Rex...
or to work on their subtitles.

I have an offline game where I have to find items - but I never found all of them and it is not a matter of language. It really comes on my nerves.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 7 of 12
18 June 2013 at 8:44pm | IP Logged 
Now the game is also available in Japanese and Indonesian.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 8 of 12
23 November 2013 at 12:32am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Now the game is also available in Japanese and Indonesian.
Mandarin, not Japanese. Oops.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version