12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 12
08 April 2014 at 5:10pm | IP Logged 
Thought I'd post a couple of examples.

A scene screenshot with all the objects marked on it:
/note that you only need to find 6-12 of them at a time, apart from the time attack mode

Actual game play (especially many newer scenes are incredibly beautiful!):

If you don't know much vocabulary, you can use the booster to see each object immediately. You don't have to pay for the coins, it's easy to earn them, and you can also hover the object name and wait a few seconds each time.

You can see here how much dialogue a typical case contains (of course there are spoilers!). Note that the very first one is much shorter than the rest. I've also posted this example before - you get a looot of text like this.

I like how over the cases you see the objects many times, in different shapes/colours/etc (including plant sculptures, stickers or clouds). For me it helps build a connection with the word, basically a substitute for going to the L2 country and speaking about the objects, seeing them in stores with labels etc.

Edited by Serpent on 08 April 2014 at 5:27pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3561 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English
Studies: Italian, Mandarin, Romanian, Persian

Message 10 of 12
28 January 2015 at 11:57am | IP Logged 
Excellent game, I remember playing it last year in English, but I totally forgot about it. Now I'm gonna play it in Italian. :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 11 of 12
12 March 2015 at 6:28am | IP Logged 
Michel1020 wrote:
I would prefer
to read Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, Simenon...
to watch Monk, Colombo, Rex...
or to work on their subtitles.

I have an offline game where I have to find items - but I never found all of them and it is not a matter of language. It really comes on my nerves.

I've just, eh, cruised through "Death on the Nile" in Portuguese ;) I think this game took my Portuguese and Spanish vocabulary to the HTLAL standard of advanced fluency (or very close in the case of Spanish). I'm also playing in German and Italian.

Edited by Serpent on 12 March 2015 at 6:31am

1 person has voted this message useful

redflag
Australia
Joined 3623 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Danish, Indonesian, French

Message 12 of 12
12 March 2015 at 6:44am | IP Logged 
Thanks Serpent - this is the kind of FB game I get addicted to but doing it in other
languages doesn't count as wasting time, right? :-)

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version