Groupie
Austria
Joined 4762 days ago

84 posts - 293 votes 
Speaks: German*, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Portuguese, Japanese
Studies: Croatian, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic (Written), Turkish

Message 33 of 38
30 March 2015 at 11:17pm | IP Logged 
Since I unfortunately had to cancel my participation in the polyglot gathering in Berlin for work-related reasons, I'll try to do my best to go to NY. I've been to New York only once but absolutely loved it.

I just don't know yet if I'll be able to squeeze another week or so of vacation into my schedule since I'll be off for a month in November to attend a language course abroad, but I'll see what I can do.

I certainly would love to meet some of my North American friends I so far have only chatted with online.

1 person has voted this message useful

djc463
Heptaglot
Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5561 days ago

51 posts - 74 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, German, Italian
Studies: Mandarin

Message 34 of 38
11 April 2015 at 9:30pm | IP Logged 
Really unfortunate that I live in NYC now, but I'm moving to Texas in July. My vacation time for next year is taken by
a friend's wedding in Greece in June 2016. That means no NYC conference for me.

I love the city, and for outgoing polyglots, there are lots of interesting places for good international food and
conversation in different languages. I hope it's a success and that the participants have a great time.

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5855 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 35 of 38
14 May 2015 at 7:40am | IP Logged 
The deadline for submitting proposals to talk at the Polyglot Conference in NYC is now 1st June.

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5855 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 36 of 38
19 June 2015 at 7:54am | IP Logged 
We're gathering speed towards the Polyglot Conference in NYC. If you've not yet signed up, here is an updated page on the speakers and topics to be covered to entice you! :)

How is coming from here? I'd love to know! :)

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5855 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 

Message 37 of 38
15 July 2015 at 5:50pm | IP Logged 
If you've not yet signed up for NYC, just wanted to let you know that today is the last day for the discounted tickets! Hope to see as many of you there as possible. It's going to be a lot of fun! :) Sign up here!

This discussion contains 38 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version