United States
Joined 5753 days ago

1341 posts - 2303 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: German, Italian, French
Personal Language Map

Message 42 of 85
06 December 2014 at 1:13am | IP Logged 
I've registered for the event! I'm not quite certain that I'll be able to travel at that time, but this is just to good to
miss!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5633 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 43 of 85
07 December 2014 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
I want to participate at the Gathering Berlin 2015, but I still have some uncertainties such as:

1. With or without my friend Dorothee?
2. Travelling by train or distance bus ("Fernbus")?
3. Staying in Berlin after the event to be able to travel to my family celebration directly from Berlin to Hannover?

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 07 December 2014 at 9:33pm

1 person has voted this message useful

dinguino
Nonaglot
Groupie
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4540 days ago

55 posts - 96 votes 
Speaks: English, German*, FrenchC1, Catalan, Latin, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Norwegian, Turkish, Russian, Irish

Message 44 of 85
09 December 2014 at 3:38am | IP Logged 
I would love to participate! How many places are there approximately? Does anybody know where the gathering will be? Because I live in Berlin and wouldn't need a hotel room...

@Fasulye: Take the bus! It's way cheaper (and not less comfortable IMO) - just compare prices here: https://www.fahrtenfuchs.de/
/offtopic: last week in my Turkish course I learned "fasulye" means bean. I immediately had to think of you because I am used to seeing you on here! I felt somewhat nerdy hehe...on the other hand I thank you for this one word I won't forget anymore :D

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5633 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 45 of 85
09 December 2014 at 3:00pm | IP Logged 
dinguino wrote:
I would love to participate! How many places are there approximately? Does anybody know where the gathering will be? Because I live in Berlin and wouldn't need a hotel room...

@Fasulye: Take the bus! It's way cheaper (and not less comfortable IMO) - just compare prices here: https://www.fahrtenfuchs.de/
/offtopic: last week in my Turkish course I learned "fasulye" means bean. I immediately had to think of you because I am used to seeing you on here! I felt somewhat nerdy hehe...on the other hand I thank you for this one word I won't forget anymore :D

From Krefeld to Berlin the distance bus takes 8 1/2 hours but the train only about 5 hours. The train station is very near to the venue "A & O am Hauptbahnhof". The "ZOB" central bus station is in the west of the city at the Funkturm, 7,5 km away from the venue.

I like to cook and eat vegetables, so I chose a vegetable as my nickname (at that time I was studying Turkish).

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 10 December 2014 at 12:45pm

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6489 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 46 of 85
10 December 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged 
dinguino wrote:
How many places are there approximately? Does anybody know where the gathering will be?

Last year the number of participants was around 250

If you exit the Hauptbahnhof towards the North you see a 'hidden' gate. Enter here, walk due North inside the enclosed area, then left to the wall and right when you exit the area. And there the A&O thing is. NB: there is a good supermarket slightly further North - that could save you some money for food stuff (much cheaper than the supermarket at the railway station).

dinguino
Nonaglot
Groupie
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4540 days ago

55 posts - 96 votes 
Speaks: English, German*, FrenchC1, Catalan, Latin, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Norwegian, Turkish, Russian, Irish

Message 47 of 85
10 December 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged 
Thank you Fasulye & Iverson! I just realized I only live 15 min. from there :) I hope to be able to join you.

@Fasulye: I for myself do always go by the price, not the comfort. Anyway, I hope you'll make it!
BTW today it's snowing in Berlin. :O

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6256 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 48 of 85
10 December 2014 at 1:01pm | IP Logged 
We just released the trailer video! Have a look and see how many faces you recognize!

http://youtu.be/qeWA5zsQJ1c

This year we have 320 spots. 135 people have already registered since the registration
form went live last week, so don't wait too long!

Edited by Sprachprofi on 10 December 2014 at 1:26pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 85 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version