48 messages over 6 pages: 1 24 5 6  Next >>
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4640 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 17 of 48
21 June 2013 at 1:01am | IP Logged 
Yes! I'll eagerly take advantage of it!
Is there already something about B2+ learners? Because I haven't found anything.
1 person has voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4790 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 18 of 48
21 June 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged 
An idea which I am not sure about:

A page focused on young learner troubles.

We have some teen members (I know one 13 years old and there are quite many around their 16) and from what I remember from my childhood and teens (which aren't that far in the past), there are a few specific areas and there are some troubles and questions that hit the young learners more, such as:

-learning on low budget
-success despite crap teachers and teaching methods
-staying motivated despite the crap teachers and teaching methods
-dealing with disapproval of the family and friends
-school exams including languages (like the british GSCE, czech maturita and so on)
-exchange opportunities for the young people (it's funny how often I accidentally find opportunities for them when looking for those for me)
-career planning and languages

The question is, should we have a special page for that?
If so, should we as well have one on the "how to teach my kid" question? (sure, there are self-teaching kids, I used to be one, but they are much less likely to efficiently search the internet and find the forums)
3 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4790 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 19 of 48
21 June 2013 at 1:04am | IP Logged 
For the B2+: there are relevant pieces across the How to Practice and Improve Your Language crossroads. It would be good to have a page putting it together and linking to those puzzle pieces.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 20 of 48
23 June 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations on the great work that you guys seem to have put into the wikia! I’ll try to add my two cents here.

Cavesa wrote:
[...] Learning to edit the wiki is not hard as I have just proven. The basics are quite foolproof. But if you don't want to bother, I'll be glad to put your articles to their places for you. :-)

[...]

I’ve noticed that there’s no Italian radio section on the wikia, so I took the liberty to jot down a list.

Could you please check that the links work also from abroad and then post them (and, please, feel free to edit as needed)? Thanks!

Rai Radio 1: public radio channel (new, sports, talk programmes and popular music) http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/popup/player_radio.html?v=1

Rai Radio 2: public radio channel (talk programmes and popular music) http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/popup/player_radio.html?v=2

Rai Radio 3: public radio channel (culture and classical music) http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/popup/player_radio.html?v=3

Radio DeeJay: private radio station (popular music and light entertainment) http://www.deejay.it/dj/radio/onair/lowdef

Radio 24: private radio (all-news) http://www.radio24.ilsole24ore.com/player.php?channel=1

Radio Monte Carlo Network: private radio broadcasting from Monaco and Milan (talk programmes, entertainment, popular music) http://www.radiomontecarlo.net/it/multimedia/webradio/rmc_1

Radio Italia Solo Musica Italiana: private radio (easy listening Italian music only) http://www.radioitalia.it/player.php

2 persons have voted this message useful

Hampie
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 6440 days ago

625 posts - 1009 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Latin, German, Mandarin

Message 21 of 48
23 June 2013 at 8:33pm | IP Logged 
I would love a good guide on using Anki, there are so many functions and possibilities that are not clear. It's useful
for so much more than just practising vocabulary.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4790 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 22 of 48
24 June 2013 at 5:14am | IP Logged 
Emme, are you sure you saved the changes? I cannot find the new Italian section there :-( But I'll search for the links and add the Italian section later if you, understandably, don't wish to redo it.

I have added a few more bits (trying to make the French into a model language with the links to all the related parts of the wikia and a few more things) and among them, I created the American English TV series page. I am trying to sort the series approximately by level an to write a little bit about each. Both is probably highly subjective and biased, could someone please check the page after me?

Thanks for the Norwegian Tv series page, it looks really good!

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 23 of 48
24 June 2013 at 5:50pm | IP Logged 
Emme wrote:
[…]

Cavesa wrote:
[...] Learning to edit the wiki is not hard as I have just proven. The basics are quite foolproof. But if you don't want to bother, I'll be glad to put your articles to their places for you. :-)

[...]

I’ve noticed that there’s no Italian radio section on the wikia, so I took the liberty to jot down a list.

Could you please check that the links work also from abroad and then post them (and, please, feel free to edit as needed)? Thanks!

[…]

Cavesa wrote:
Emme, are you sure you saved the changes? I cannot find the new Italian section there :-( But I'll search for the links and add the Italian section later if you, understandably, don't wish to redo it.

[…]

Oh, I didn’t even try to learn how to edit the wikia. Probably I should have said that more explicitly in my post above.

I took it that you would publish the article on the wikia if someone like me first dug up some information. Maybe, I misunderstood you.

So, to be clear, I haven’t done anything on the wikia, I’ve just listed some Italian radios on the post above in this thread, hoping that you would do the technical work of posting it in the appropriate page of the wikia.

I hope you don’t mind my technically inept help and thanks again for taking the trouble to do most of the work yourself!

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4790 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 24 of 48
24 June 2013 at 7:55pm | IP Logged 
No, I misunderstood you! I thought you did put it in! Good, I thought your edit disappeared somewhere in the cyberlimbo (happens to me often with forum posts). I'll put it there today.

Thanks for your help, every piece is welcome.

This discussion contains 48 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version