Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4818 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 2 of 8
27 June 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged 
we have started such list on wikia (as those on forums get easily buried under tons of others. please, remember it is just the beginning but today, I have time to work on it so it should cover at least mention about most commonly used things for French.

http://learnanylanguage.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Courses
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4818 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 4 of 8
27 June 2013 at 5:54pm | IP Logged 
"A lady" :-D thanks, but it makes me feel a bit old. I'm in my early twenties :-D
Your questions are not stupid. Everyone here was a newbie once and most of us had such "stupid" questions as well, that's how people learn. My grandma says "Líná huba, holé neštěstí" ("Lazy mouth, pure disaster") and I think she's right :-)

Well, learning some Russian (at least the cyrillics as we get part of the reading comprehension for free as slavic languages natives) is a very smart choice for an internet user ;-)

If Khatzumoto's fun language caught your interest, than I recommend Jenna Marbles on youtube. A young woman (I think she had studied psychology, not sure what is her current job) speaks of many things from her life, about her dogs, makes fun of some culture and society stereotypes etc. I think nearly noone can love all of her videos, she has made better and worse ones, but some are trully awesome. She speaks fast and colloquial American English. And even though it might not be that obvious at first sight, she is a very clever girl.

Or another fun English language source: a webseries The Guild about a group of online players. It's quite challenging at the beginnings but it's fun.

Yes, it has nothing to do with the French sources, I know. But I thought you might be interested.

P.S. You made me laugh. "Everyone needs money all the time" is so true! I recently read about a british teenager who won a lottery. I want to win one too!
1 person has voted this message useful

pesahson
Diglot
Poland
Joined 5537 days ago

448 posts - 840 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese, Norwegian

Message 6 of 8
29 June 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged 
I'm afraid such nice list doesn't yet exist. You're going to have to create your own with things you find in different threads on this forum. Everyone on this board would love such a list for the languages they're studying, but the fact is, you find things over time and every once in a while everyone struggles to find something interesting.

Are you beginner in French? If yes, then in the start you don't even need that many resources.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4818 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 7 of 8
29 June 2013 at 3:18pm | IP Logged 
The list is being composed but it will take long before it is anything like complete.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version