Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Latin
Studies: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, French

Message 1 of 3
16 July 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged 
A friend of mine recently sent me a message about a new language-learning website called
Duolingo that he said was supposed to be good. I signed up just to check it out, but
found the methodology to be quite similar to other websites I've seen before such as
Livemocha or Busuu. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this new program and any
thoughts you had on it.
1 person has voted this message useful

tommus
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5678 days ago

979 posts - 1688 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch, French, Esperanto, German, Spanish

Message 2 of 3
16 July 2013 at 1:35pm | IP Logged 
jae wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else had seen this new program and any
thoughts you had on it.

Yes. I started with Spanish right when DuoLingo got started, and I really liked it. I made a lot of progress. I found it quite addictive which is good. I thought it had a good combination of vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking and listening. And the "translate the Internet" was an interesting, more challenging part. Unfortunately, due to getting involved in a new, very time consuming activity, I have had to put my Spanish learning on hold. But when I can get back to it, I will go directly to DuoLingo. My Spanish level was a beginner. I'm not sure DuoLingo would appeal as much to people with higher levels.

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4333 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 3 of 3
16 July 2013 at 1:38pm | IP Logged 
try the mobile app too before you draw any conclusion

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version