Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3930 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Spanish
Studies: Tagalog

Message 233 of 384
11 March 2014 at 2:48am | IP Logged 
I've been following Spanish-language twitter accounts (tweeters? twits? twitterers? los twitistos?), but they tend to
get lost in the shuffle. After reading the interesting conversation on EMK's French log, I've compiled all of my
Spanish-language twitistos into a list:

Twitter en español

A few of them are "word-a-day" accounts, but the vast majority are aimed at native speakers, and link to native
content. The list is dominated by accounts like @el_pais and @muyinteresante, since they tend to tweet a lot. But
some of my favourites are Spanish-language travel bloggers, like @viajaporlibre.

I'd welcome any suggestions for more Spanish-language twitter accounts to follow!
3 persons have voted this message useful

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5321 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 234 of 384
11 March 2014 at 3:03am | IP Logged 
The only Spanish-language accounts I'm really following so far are Shakira (@shakira, which
turned out to be more useful than expected as she seems to tweet almost everything twice;
once in Spanish and once in English) plus some fellow member accounts from here. Korean,
on the other hand, fills the vast majority of my "following" list.

Edited by Warp3 on 11 March 2014 at 3:10am

2 persons have voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5048 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 235 of 384
11 March 2014 at 4:43am | IP Logged 
Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

@DainaChaviano She's one of my favorite authors. A Cuban-American exile writing in Spanish. Her links are more than literary. She's interested in a wide variety of subjects, writes science fiction and fantasy.

@yoanisanchez Yoani is a courageous blogger from La Habana, Cuba and an excellent writer. Her blog posts at "Generación Y" make for good reading. I always look forward to them.

@aprendeingles great for "reverse-engineering" Spanish!

@BBCMundo links to interesting short articles and videos in Spanish, intended for, and highly respected in Latin America.

@RAEinforma Real Academia Española- la Ñ del web. THE authority on everything Spanish.

@GiocondaBelliP Her writing style is wonderful. She's an author, a poet and an ex-leader of the Sandinista Revolution. Author of "El país bajo mi piel" (her autobiography) which was one of the first books I read in Spanish.

@manugrandelope He's not famous at all, but his tweets are wacky thoughts and no links. Good colloquial Spanish to ponder and puzzle out.

@perezreverte Author of "La Reina del Sur" and "Capitán Alatriste".

@el_pais "All the news that's fit to print" in Spanish. The NYT of the Spanish-speaking world from Madrid, España.

F_PabloNeruda My favorite poet in any language- Pablo Neruda. Need I say more? Frases de Pablo Neruda.

@_PabloNeruda OK, Don Pablo is so cool, you should follow him twice! Though he's not really tweeting from beyond. ;)

Hope you'll find something here of interest. The more Spanish you're exposed to throughout the day, the better. Good to see you getting on the "multi-track" and riding! The ticket is free.

To tweet in Spanish is "tuitear" and the tweets are " los tuits".

Edited by iguanamon on 11 March 2014 at 5:02am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3930 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 236 of 384
11 March 2014 at 11:35am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the suggestions!

Even though I don't follow a lot of people on twitter, I found that the only Spanish-language tweets that I really
noticed were from @muyinteresante, since there were a lot of them.
I think that using a list format will be much more useful - and immersive.

Muchas gracias otra vez.
1 person has voted this message useful

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4808 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 237 of 384
14 March 2014 at 10:54am | IP Logged 
Just wanted to drop in and wish you good luck for tomorrows trip. I'm sure you'll have a great time and that all the hard work you've been putting in will mean you have some life changing conversations along the way!

Have fun!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3930 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 238 of 384
14 March 2014 at 6:58pm | IP Logged 
Thank you dbag! I appreciate your well wishes!

This is my last log update until I get back in May. I can't believe that I'm leaving tomorrow and I'll finally get to
test out my Spanish on the ground!

2014 Spanish challenge, week eleven:

100 45-minute TV shows: 2 (37/100)
120ish minutes of Notes in Spanish - counts as 1 for tracking purposes. I'm completely done with all of the Notes
in Spanish podcasts now. I'm looking forward to discovering some podcasts aimed at native speakers when I get
back!
1 episode of Buffy season 3

100 Skype conversations: 1 (27/100)
1 hour with one of my favourite tutors - who also happens to be from Galicia. In addition to Spanish, we worked
on some basic in Gallego.

100 short texts: 0 (10/100)
Is anyone surprised?

14 novels: 1 (3/14)
I finished Despereaux. It's such a sad, beautiful story.

Edited by Stelle on 14 March 2014 at 6:59pm

nancydowns
United States
Joined 3708 days ago

184 posts - 288 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written)

Message 239 of 384
14 March 2014 at 9:21pm | IP Logged 
Stelle, I love your log! I wish I had time to read the whole thing! I think you have done very well!   I watched your videos, and am amazed. I
would like to do that sometime, too, make videos to see where I am at, but I'm not as confident in my speaking! I ordered Despereaux in Spanish
today. I'll be anxious to read it! Best of days in your travels!

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5181 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 240 of 384
16 March 2014 at 3:39am | IP Logged 
Stelle, have a great trip! Bring us back lots of stories. :)

This discussion contains 384 messages over 48 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version