Tags: Dutch | Video
 Language Learning Forum : Music, Movies, TV & Radio Post Reply
10 messages over 2 pages: 1 2  Next >>
1e4e6
Octoglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4101 days ago

1013 posts - 1588 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, Italian
Studies: German, Danish, Russian, Catalan

Message 1 of 10
19 August 2013 at 9:23am | IP Logged 
Is there a Dutch video lesson or resource website, similar to Deutsche Welle for German,
that is connected to CEFR levels? I watch NOS news, but I am not higher than B1, and I
would hope that I could have more practise with listening. For example, videos with
grammatical concepts and constructions, and/or vocabulary, since trying to watch news at
B1 or less is not the easiest.

Edited by 1e4e6 on 19 August 2013 at 9:29am

1 person has voted this message useful

tommus
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5677 days ago

979 posts - 1688 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch, French, Esperanto, German, Spanish

Message 2 of 10
19 August 2013 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
1e4e6 wrote:
Is there a Dutch video lesson or resource website, similar to Deutsche Welle

Unfortunately, there is not. I have not been able to find one and I have been searching for a long time. The Deutsche Welle resources are excellent for German.

One thing that might interest you is Rijnmond Nieuws on You Tube. They are newscasts in Dutch with very good closed captions. As well, you can download the text version of the closed captions via a button on the You Tube page. Unfortunately, recently, there have been no closed captions and not many editions put on You Tube. So you can only get old news. But the closed captions are quite good and the audio quality is quite good.

Just go to You Tube and search for "rijnmond nieuws". Then filter on CC. There are lots of them from about 2010-2012.

You might also Google "60-seconden nieuws". There are lots of links. Some of them don't seem to be available any more in Canada. Some used to have excellent closed captions.

Try this one:

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/15116/60-seconds/index.dhtml

4 persons have voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4526 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 3 of 10
19 August 2013 at 3:41pm | IP Logged 
I'd love to see a Deutsche Welle-like website for Dutch!

tommus
Joined 5677 days ago

979 posts - 1688 votes 

Message 4 of 10
19 August 2013 at 6:28pm | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:
I'd love to see a Deutsche Welle-like website for Dutch!

I wrote to Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW) twice asking them to consider such a service. I suggested they look at Deutsche Welle as an excellent model. At the time, they had news in Dutch and audio podcasts of the news and other subjects. They told me that they had no mandate to teach or promote the Dutch language.

Since then, things have gone from bad to worse. They have ended their Dutch language service. They still provide a service in Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, French and English, mainly in support of freedom of speech. But no Dutch service.

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5376 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 5 of 10
19 August 2013 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
I don't know an exact resource - but this is helpful:

http://www.2bdutch.nl/en
4 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4720 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 6 of 10
20 August 2013 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
Radio Vlaanderen might be a source of newscasts in Dutch. I only know about it because my sister was a reporter for them for about 15 years. She reported for the news in English, but most of the news was in Dutch in those days.

EDIT: Just realized that the international service has ended, but they now broadcast Belgium's radio 1 and radio 2.

Oh, and I realize this is a source of audio, I just put this up because of what Tommus said about Radio Netherlands.

Edited by Jeffers on 20 August 2013 at 9:16pm

tommus
Joined 5677 days ago

979 posts - 1688 votes 

Message 7 of 10
20 August 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged 
One international service from Belgium and the Netherlands that is still going strong is BVN, het Beste van Vlaanderen en Nederland. That is satellite television available in many parts of the world via a small satellite dish. It is a free service. It is 100% Dutch-language TV, commercial-free and operates 24/7. I have a 4ft dish in the back yard and a $100. satellite receiver. It works great.

Check their website for satellite coverage, equipment, details and program guides. The web page is only in Dutch.

http://www.bvn.nl/

Edited by tommus on 21 August 2013 at 3:02am

2 persons have voted this message useful

1e4e6
Octoglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4101 days ago

1013 posts - 1588 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, Italian
Studies: German, Danish, Russian, Catalan

Message 8 of 10
22 August 2013 at 9:03am | IP Logged 
I shall try those websites, I had been using dutchgrammar.com as well as the CD that
accompanied Klare Taal, but that website is now not working for me for some reason.

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version