åkerfeldt
Diglot
United States
Joined 4830 days ago

4 posts - 5 votes
Speaks: English*, French

Message 1 of 8
03 September 2013 at 4:33am | IP Logged 
Hey guys. I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this post, but I couldn't
figure out anywhere else that would be better. I have both books for Assimil's le
suèdois sans peine. I've learnt French to an intermediate-advanced level, but every
now and then there's a colloquialism or two in Swedish that I can't figure out exactly
what a good way to say it in English would be. I'm in the process of translating both
books to the best of my ability from Swedish and French to Swedish and English. Are
there any native Swedish speakers that would mind (or would want to) take a pass at my
English translations and show me where the mistakes are? I'll furnish the word files
showing the Swedish and my translation in English.

TL:DR I'm translating the French in Assimil's Swedish to English, is anyone interested
in checking my English/Swedish Translations? I will make the word file available to
anyone who wants it after its checked for and clear of errors.

Thank you.
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6669 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 8
03 September 2013 at 8:03am | IP Logged 
Sure, I can have a look.

psij22
United States
Joined 4548 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 8
08 September 2013 at 8:58pm | IP Logged 
I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread! I've been wanting to learn Swedish and love the Assimil method, but I
don't know French or German (or any other language that Assimil Swedish is in). I'd love to see the word file
when you're all done with it.

åkerfeldt
Diglot
United States
Joined 4830 days ago

4 posts - 5 votes

Message 4 of 8
09 September 2013 at 2:56am | IP Logged 
Thank you very much for the offer, Jeff. Unfortunately, life through me a fast one, so
I'm having to move ASAP along with schoolwork, so I'll be back on it probably the
following week. I'll send you a message as soon as I get the last few lessons from the
first book completed and fix some formatting issues.

psij22, I'll repost here after I've sent the file over to jeff, and then its up to him
and his time table, but you're more than welcome to it as far as I'm concerned.

Regards

åkerfeldt
Diglot
United States
Joined 4830 days ago

4 posts - 5 votes

Message 5 of 8
15 January 2014 at 4:44am | IP Logged 
Hey guys, sorry its been forever, life has gotten much busier than I anticipated. I'm no
longer able to spend as much time as I would like on languages as school and my job has
picked up considerably. I have most of the text done and will gladly forward my work to
anyone who is curious. I regret that I cannot finish it at the moment, but I would love
to give back to this wonderful community who has given me so much the last few years. If
anyone is interested I will gladly send them what I have so far, so hopefully another can
pick up where I last left off. In the future I do hope to pick it up again, but due to
time constraints, I have no choice but to put my Swedish ambitions down for the moment.

Raconteur
Diglot
Poland
bit.ly/1eiSWnc
Joined 3652 days ago

34 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: Polish*, English

Message 6 of 8
22 April 2016 at 4:45pm | IP Logged 
Andddd 2 year later!
I'm hoping that åkerfeldt or someone else who participated might see this. I would really love to get my
hands on these translations! Please, anyone, write here or message me if you have a copy :) Many thanks!

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3812 days ago

507 posts - 1097 votes 
Studies: German

Message 7 of 8
22 April 2016 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
REPLACEMENT LANGUAGE FORUM
About a year ago, in response to the continuing technical difficulties of supporting the HTLAL Forum, a new REPLACEMENT forum A LANGUAGE LEARNER'S FORUM was launched. Since that time, most of the "active" members of the HTLAL have registered on the new forum. I suggest that you think about doing likewise, as it would greatly increase the likelihood of your receiving replies to your posts.

LINK TO THIS DISCUSSION THREAD ON THE NEW FORUM
In the spirit of reviving this particular discussion thread, I will open a new item under the replacement language forum, using the same title. Assimil Swedish - Translation and Alternatives

Edited by Speakeasy on 22 April 2016 at 7:34pm

Raconteur
Diglot
Poland
bit.ly/1eiSWnc
Joined 3652 days ago

34 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: Polish*, English

Message 8 of 8
22 April 2016 at 9:02pm | IP Logged 
I will check the new thread. Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version