Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Quick Spanish

Tags: Website | Spanish
 Language Learning Forum : Links & Internet Resources (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
Nimrod
Poland
Joined 3888 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: Spanish

Message 1 of 6
20 September 2013 at 3:43pm | IP Logged 
Hi!
I didn't know where to write this post. If it's in a wrong place, just move it.
Please also don't flame me for url sharing when I'm new on this forum. It's only about
helping people.

I want to present you my new site/blog about Spanish learning –
www.quickspanish.org
You can learn from here how to quickly, and effectively learn Spanish language. All of
this information is taken from years of my experience and observation. Learning
languages is my passion, so I want to share any information with everyone.
On my blog you can find my free e-book called “Quick Spanish Methods”, in which are
included the best methods that will help you effectively start learning Spanish.

I’d appreciate any feedback.
Best regards ;)

Edited by Nimrod on 20 September 2013 at 3:44pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6906 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French

Message 2 of 6
21 September 2013 at 2:48am | IP Logged 

If you have a website, I'm pretty sure you can afford to locally host your one-and-only pdf revealing your amazing language-learning secrets.

Personally, I'm not clicking on anything hosted by "Upshare" or "SkippyFile".

4 persons have voted this message useful

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
HowToLanguages.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4492 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, German
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Persian

Message 3 of 6
21 September 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged 
Andy E wrote:

If you have a website, I'm pretty sure you can afford to locally host your one-and-only pdf revealing your amazing language-learning secrets.

Personally, I'm not clicking on anything hosted by "Upshare" or "SkippyFile".

Agreed. Having to complete a survey or buy something in order to download the e-book does not make me see this as very legit.
4 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6506 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 6
21 September 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged 
I have the same reservations about your site as the commentators above. If that e-book hadn't been free, you would have been blocked by now, but it is free so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully you will share some of your secrets with us here in the forum.

Nimrod
Poland
Joined 3888 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: Spanish

Message 5 of 6
21 September 2013 at 3:04pm | IP Logged 
Okay, I understand that you are cautious about this kind of uploading sites. In order to
prove that it isn't any scam, I have written new post on my blog which presents a part of
my e-book and one of the methods.

I hope this would encourage you to download.
Thanks for answer anyways. :)

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6242 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 6 of 6
22 September 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged 
Nimrod: almost no one on this forum will consider it worthwhile to jump through the kind of spammy hoops that those particular file sites require. You can share your book for free, or charge for it, but putting it behind crap that will kick a few cents back to you, at the cost of annoying and marketing to unwilling people, just devalues your content. I really fail to see why anyone who has put the effort into writing a book would distribute it this way.

It's not that I'm "cautious" about that kind of site; it's that I consider them to be spam, trash, and quite a bit more which is quite a bit less printable. As for the content behind such links, I have no idea... because I leave the site before I ever see any of it.

Did you automatically translate those articles? They're full of phrases like "Ways to learn Spanish are dozens." It might be worthwhile to either get your work proofread, or to publish in a language you are more comfortable in.

I'm sure your book deserves better than the way you're currently distributing and marketing it. Please reconsider.

5 persons have voted this message useful

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version