kam1892
United States
Joined 4737 days ago

10 posts - 12 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Greek

Message 9 of 10
18 November 2013 at 8:43pm | IP Logged 
Thank you FelixKatze and daristani. I am using a Mac, with Firefox 25 (also have tried it with Safari and Opera).
Pop-up blocking isn't a factor. As I said, I can get the new window to open (Firefox and Safari), and start playing
the file, so it is downloading in that sense, but just to play it, not save it. I also tried it on a very old Windows
computer available to me, with an old version of IE, plus Firefox and Opera, but that didn't work. It does seem to
cause Opera to crash on either platform, when trying to open the new window.

What do you see on the new page that opens? For me, the new page simply shows a player for the sound file,
with no other text or information. Nothing asking me to save the file.

If there's a way to do it (assuming it is Wiley's intent), I would like to do so myself, rather than trouble you with
sending the files, but I thank you for the offer.

1 person has voted this message useful

daristani
United States
Joined 6954 days ago

752 posts - 1661 votes 
Studies: Uzbek

Message 10 of 10
18 November 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged 
OK, here's what I did to download the files (each lesson has to be done individually, so it takes a while). I'm using Firefox, by the way.

When you left-click on the arrow by "browse by resource" on the page I linked to, and then "audio program", a page comes up with all the 21 lessons listed in a table under "audio program".

Left-click on "lesson 1" and a new page, largely blank, opens up labeled "lesson 1", with an "audio player bar" or whatever you call it at the very bottom of the page. Put your mouse on that bar and right-click on "save audio as". This will start the audio for that lesson downloading into your computer. You'll then have to name the audio (assuming you don't want to leave it as "lesson 1") and then put it into whatever folder you want to save the audio in after it downloads. You then have to do the same with all the other lessons.

Good luck, but as noted, my offer still stands if you want me to send it to you.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version