Tetraglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4570 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Japanese, German
Studies: Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Turkish

Message 1 of 1
02 November 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged 
I'm sure many of us like to listen to music and watch music videos in our TLs. Many of us also like to watch videos subtitled in the TL, either to make sure we don't miss something due to gaps in listening comprehension or to simultaneously exercise both listening and reading. However, recently I've discovered a fondness for a certain kind of music video - one where, rather than showing scenes and images unrelated or vaguely related to the song's content (or where said content merely appears as text on screen), the makers of the video come up with creative ways of displaying or illustrating the song's lyrics. Here are a few examples:

Unicorn - Feel So Moon (Japanese)
邵夷贝 - 大龄文艺女青年之歌 (Mandarin; scroll down for the video itself; the page also contains a translation of the lyrics)
Wir Sind Helden - Nur Ein Wort (German; if this looks like a mere copy of a certain Bob Dylan video just keep watching)

Does anybody know of similar videos (in any language)?

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version