leroc
United States
Joined 4092 days ago

114 posts - 167 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 1 of 2
12 November 2013 at 6:30am | IP Logged 
Basically I'm wondering because I want to tie in a major in Russian with my BA (in progress) of Business Administration; Russian is a very important language to my state, both historically and through trade and cultural ties and I'm seeking to widen my skill set for lucrative job opportunities.

How far does having a major in Russian bring you? This is estimating that you have 5 hours of class time a week in the language and 15 hours of studying. Based on your anecdotes or personal experience, what CEFR level does someone have after the three years of studying and study abroad? Was it worth it?
1 person has voted this message useful

Jtshana92
Pentaglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3978 days ago

3 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch
Studies: Russian

Message 2 of 2
24 November 2013 at 4:33pm | IP Logged 
I have an A in Russian 101 and 102 with 4 contact hours per week for 32 weeks. I would say I'm at A2 or slightly higher, but Russian was my 9th or 10th language that I've studied.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version