Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4953 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 179 of 266
21 February 2014 at 6:10pm | IP Logged 
I don't take part into this team's challenges because they're usually way above my
skills, but I'd like to share this cover version which proved useful:

新好男孩 - 我要你那样(中文版)

你是我火
你是我愿望
相信听我说
我要你那样

可是
我们已分开
你心不明白
听我说
我要你那样

告诉我
为什么让我心痛
告诉我
为什么你不行懂
告诉我
我永远不要听你说
我要你那样

我是你火吗?
你的愿望吗?
我知道没办法
我要你那样

告诉我
为什么让我心痛
告诉我
为什么你不行懂
告诉我
我永远不要听你说
我要你那样

虽然我知道
我们已分手
虽然知道不会在一起(一起)
不管远不远
我要你知道
在我的心中里

你是我火
你是我愿望
你是,你是,你是,你是

我不要听你说!

为什么你不行懂
告诉我
我永远不要听你说
我要你那样

告诉我
为什么让我心痛
告诉我
为什么你不行懂
告诉我
我永远不要听你说
我要你那样

因为我要你那样
1 person has voted this message useful

Ninibo
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
Joined 3803 days ago

88 posts - 116 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Mandarin

Message 180 of 266
21 February 2014 at 8:03pm | IP Logged 
So, here's my song for the february challenge. I'm sorry to say, that me translating from a foreign language into a foreign language makes for really bad English.. It just sounds like engrish. Corrections are very welcome, i'm kinda shakey on the meaning of one sentence. Still, it's one of my favorite songs.

宇宙人 - 大志若魚

我有一百个伟大的想法
I have a hundred great ideas
    没有做法只等着我长大
I have no method, i'm just waiting to grow up
    像个鱼卵还没有孵化
Like a fish egg that hasn't hatched yet

我要做一首诗画一幅画
I want to write a poem, paint a picture
    用一首歌统治一个国家
use a song to rule a country
    我要让这颗地球爆炸
I want to make the earth explode

没有手脚的梦想最後只 等着 退化
limbless dream, ultimately just waiting to atrophy
     我不要像个石头最後只 会磨 成砂
I don't want to be like a stone that ultimately just gets ground into sand

明天我要挑战的海洋 会有什麽我也不敢想
Tomorrow i want to challenge the ocean; no matter what i don't dare
    水往下流我偏要往上
despite the water flowing downwards i insist on going up
    就算最後像个笨蛋一样 结束了
even if i ultimately end it like an idiot
    我也不要和别人一模一样
I don't want to be exactly like everyone else

怎麽了竟然没有我的路
What happened, unexpectedly i don't have my way
    怎麽了竟然走上你的路
What happened, unexpectedly i'm going your way
    怎麽了竟然就这样满足
What happened, unexpectedly i'm contend like that
     你变成了你不想要变成 的人
You changed, you who didn't want to change
     再逼我变成你想要变成 的那 个人
again forcing me to change, you who wants to change

前人种的树不是我想要 的树 *
My predecessor's trees are not the trees I want*
     我不要守着树只等着那 只兔
I don't want to guard the trees just waiting for the rabbits
     池塘里的幸福我找不到 出路
I didn't find a way out of the happiness in the pond
     再完美的前途最後也回 归了 尘土
the perfect prospects finally return to dust

明天我要挑战的海洋 会有什麽我也不敢想
Tomorrow i want to challenge the ocean; no matter what i don't dare
    水往下流我偏要往上
    就算最後像个笨蛋一样 结束了
    我也不要和别人一模一样

没有海浪的海洋 没有风能改变我的方向
An ocean without waves, changing my direction without wind
    水往下流我偏要往上
    就算最後像个笨蛋一样 结束了
    我也不要和别人一模一样

* this sentence plays with a chengyu "前人种树,后人乘凉",(Earlier generations plant trees, the later ones cool off in the shade) meaning later generations get the benefits from the work of an earlier generation. I have no idea to translate that wordplay..

[edit] @Expugnator, what a throwback! Great cover!

Edited by Ninibo on 21 February 2014 at 8:04pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5652 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 181 of 266
21 February 2014 at 9:15pm | IP Logged 
Hey Ninibo, i didn't mean for you to have to translate it into English if there's another language you feel more comfortable with. Either way, i think your translation is really nice.

Here are some ideas i had, i'm not sure what you think of them:
就算最後像个笨蛋一样结束了 [maybe "even if i end up looking like an idiot"?]
你变成了你不想要变成的人 [you turned into the person you didn't want to be...]
再逼我变成你想要变成的那个人 [...then forced me to become the person you wanted to be]

As for the chengyu, maybe something like "I don't want to pick the fruit from the trees of the past"?

Edited by Crush on 21 February 2014 at 9:16pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4953 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 182 of 266
21 February 2014 at 9:33pm | IP Logged 
Don't know if you guys have seen this Radical
View
. I'm still making my way through it.

Ninibo
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
Joined 3803 days ago

88 posts - 116 votes 

Message 183 of 266
21 February 2014 at 10:26pm | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
Hey Ninibo, i didn't mean for you to have to translate it into English if there's another language you feel more comfortable with. Either way, i think your translation is really nice.

Here are some ideas i had, i'm not sure what you think of them:
就算最後像个笨蛋一样结束了 [maybe "even if i end up looking like an idiot"?]
你变成了你不想要变成的人 [you turned into the person you didn't want to be...]
再逼我变成你想要变成的那个人 [...then forced me to become the person you wanted to be]

As for the chengyu, maybe something like "I don't want to pick the fruit from the trees of the past"?

Yes, your translations make far more sense, now that i look at the text again. Thanks! Maxbe i'll do a translation into German the next time, at least then i can make sure it sounds like actual German.

Ninibo
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
Joined 3803 days ago

88 posts - 116 votes 

Message 184 of 266
21 February 2014 at 10:37pm | IP Logged 
Sorry for this double posting, but i thought since the month is almost over we should think about what kind of challenge we'll do for March. These are the monthly challenges from last years Asian Team, maybe we can steal some of them.

druckfehler wrote:

JANUARY TEAM CHALLENGE ox

The first challenge is to post a self-introduction in your target language(s) on the team thread. If you study more than one Asian language, feel free to either focus on one of them for the challenge or do a multi-lingual introduction. You can choose to either write a text or post a link to an audio or video. What you write or say and how much is up to you. Ideally, you'll do something that suits your level of proficiency and is a little challenging: If you're a total beginner, it's perfectly okay to just post 3-5 sentences, if you're quite advanced feel free to write an elaborate post/make an elaborate speech about your language studies and anything else you'd like to share. The only thing I'd like to ask of you is that you post a rough translation of your text in English so that all team mates can understand you. You have time to post your introduction until January 31.

FEBRUARY TEAM CHALLENGE tiger

Time for the second team challenge. It's a short month, so I thought we should have some fun while learning some new words and maybe also grammar. As Asia is pretty big on Karaoke, singing can be counted as a survival skill ^^ If you're planning a holiday, it's definitely useful to know a song in your target language very well - I learned this the hard way, stumbling through verses I couldn't read fast enough. You have time until February 28 to learn a song of your choice by heart. Just as was the case last time, ideally you'll pick a song that is challenging for you: if you're quite advanced you might want to focus on difficult lyrics or fast rapping. If you're a complete beginner, try to understand the whole song by looking up words and grammar and asking your teammates for help. If learning all of it by heart is still too difficult, try to get at least the chorus down. You can complete the challenge in one or several languages. Once you're done, please tell us how it went on the team thread and post a link to your song (if possible), as well as the lyrics and a translation. For the brave among us: posting a recording of you singing your song is a plus ^^

MARCH TEAM CHALLENGE rabbit

The March Challenge is to work through a GLOSS lesson in your target language(s). They are free online lessons by the Defense Language Institute and are available in Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, covering the team's main languages. The levels roughly correspond to the CEFR scale: A1 = 0/0+, A2 = 1, B1 = 1+, B2 = 2/2+, C1 = 3/3+, C2 = 4/4+. The lessons all use native materials like TV snippets and newspaper articles and focus on different skills. It's up to you how intensively you study your chosen lesson. Ideally, you'll do something that suits your level of proficiency and is a little challenging. You have time to post about your experiences with the lesson until March 31.

APRIL TEAM CHALLENGE dragon

Language study can be a lonely hobby. The April Challenge wants to change that. For this month, the goal is to communicate in your target language(s). As always, it's up to you to define how exactly you want to tackle the challenge. If you're well advanced, you might look for a language tandem or prepare a challenging topic for discussion with someone who speaks your target language. If finding someone to talk to in your target language is difficult where you live, you could try chat sites like Shared Talk. If voice chatting isn't possible, you can resort to text chatting or penpalling on sites like InterPals. Communicating through writing is also a good option for the less advanced learners, just like ordering food at a restaurant in your target language. We could even have a Skype meeting and complete the challenge together. It doesn't matter how much or little you say or write, as long as you've made an effort to put the language you're studying to use. Ideally, you'll do something that suits your level of proficiency and is a little challenging. You have time to post about your experiences with the challenge until April 30.

MAY TEAM CHALLENGE snake

Sometimes cramming is what really makes a noticeable difference when learning a language. For the May challenge you can choose whether you'd like to focus on grammar or vocabulary. If you choose grammar, the goal is to learn 10 new constructions and write 5 practice sentences for each. If you choose vocabulary, the goal is to learn at least 50 new words - maybe from a specific word field - and write sentences including all of them. Your sentences can be very simple (along the lines of "This is a …" or "The child walks") or more complex, depending on your level of proficiency. Ideally, you'll do something that suits your level of proficiency and is a little challenging. You have time to post your sentences until May 31.

JUNE-JULY TEAM CHALLENGE sheep

The goal for this challenge was to read, at whichever level and how much everyone thought was suitable for them.

NOVEMBER TEAM CHALLENGE pig

TAC 2013 is slowly approaching its end and we've decided to end the year with two more challenges. By now there's been a lot of studying and we probably all have a good idea of our strong and weak areas in our target languages. This month's challenge gives you the opportunity to finally tackle something you've been putting off or to cement your progress in an area that's going well. What you decide to do for this penultimate challenge will be completely up to you. You can set your own goal and post it on the team thread any time before the end of the month. When you're done or the month is over let us know how it went for you.

DECEMBER TEAM CHALLENGE rat

It's time for our last team challenge! To bring our TAC year full circle I suggest that we once again have a production challenge. That means you can either post a text or a link to an audio or video of you speaking in (one or more of) your target language(s). You're free to choose a topic of your liking. For example, you could reflect upon the past year and the TAC challenge: What did you learn? How did you study? What was difficult? Are you satisfied with your progress? What are your plans for 2014? You could also talk about other things that happened this year or your plans for the next. As always, you'll ideally do something that suits your level of proficiency and is a little challenging. Please also post a rough translation in English so that all team mates can understand you. You have time to post your text until December 31.

This discussion contains 266 messages over 34 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version