Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 257 of 266
21 July 2014 at 5:10pm | IP Logged 
I originally wanted to come back here once I study for 30 consecutive days, so that I'd be sure I'm
going to actually study this time, and not drop out again. But... that didn't happen. Currently at 8
days in a row. I guess that's just the way I study - I miss days every now and then.
Anywho, I think I'm back to studying Chinese, so I'd like to ask for changing my status back from
observer. And again, sorry for the trouble.
1 person has voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5844 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 258 of 266
21 July 2014 at 5:25pm | IP Logged 
No trouble at all! Your post has actually brought me back in to the forum -- I was out of it for a while.

I'm trying to start studying regulary again. It's not easy to pick up the ball once it's been dropped.

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 259 of 266
25 July 2014 at 12:29pm | IP Logged 
Just found an interesting resource for those learning Traditional, wanting to also be able to read
Simplified. The following, are two Anki decks with Simplified and Traditional forms:
4800+ most used Characters with Pinyin,
Zhuyin, English definition and stroke order. 42.15MB. You might have to change the card template
if you want to go from Simplified to Traditional.
2200+ characters by frequency, no
reading, definition or stroke order, but only 0.15MB.

Silbermond
Diglot
Groupie
United Kingdom
xuexisprachen.wordprRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4115 days ago

64 posts - 79 votes 
Studies: Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 260 of 266
01 September 2014 at 3:54pm | IP Logged 
Hey all!

How's our team doing? I don't know about personal logs (having been off the forum for a
while myself) but the team thread's looking a little lonely.

Is everyone still studying? How're you all feeling about your languages?

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5844 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 261 of 266
02 September 2014 at 8:22am | IP Logged 
I love my languages but I'm having a hard time studying consistently.

I've started to maximize my reviews by making my Anki decks both French and Mandarin. I'm keeping up with that but I don't do it every day.

I've also been writing a lot in German (mostly business stuff) and I'm getting steady corrections at lang-8 :)

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4108 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 

Message 262 of 266
02 September 2014 at 4:07pm | IP Logged 
I'm doing as much as my laziness allows for :) The last week or two I've had a couple worse days,
where I haven't added my daily quota of new cards in Anki; once I haven't even reviewed a single
card, and the next day had like 1200 cards due (IIRC). Also, today I'm gonna finish the last
TOCFL vocabulary deck, so I'll need to find new words to study from somewhere else. I wanted to
create a frequency dictionary deck out of the books I have, but couldn't get on-line versions, and
adding vocab from the dead-tree editions is a bit tiresome, so probably gonna look for some let's
play videos with a lot of subtitles instead.
I hope everybody else's doing fine, and that I haven't written excessively here.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4925 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 263 of 266
02 September 2014 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
I'm doing a lot for Chinese and am finally actively into an intermediate stage. I'm enjoying Memrise courses, watching series with double subtitles and finishing up some intermediate textbooks, but I'm still not writing much.

YnEoS
United States
Joined 4013 days ago

472 posts - 893 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Russian, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Hungarian, Czech, Swedish, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 264 of 266
02 September 2014 at 9:09pm | IP Logged 
I don't have an exact count, but I'm fairly certain I passed my goal I set myself for this year of learning 1000+ characters in Anki. Now I'm mostly trying to get more sentence input so I can finally move Cantonese from beginner to intermediate in my profile. Most sentences are from textbooks at the moment, but I'm also adding 2 movie subtitles a day in Anki (1 from a period kung fu film, 1 from a modern day comedy) to slowly prepare myself for using more native materials.

Edited by YnEoS on 02 September 2014 at 9:10pm

This discussion contains 266 messages over 34 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version