Germany
Joined 5867 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 33 of 266
15 December 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged 
actually I was just glancing at your profile, wistfully thinking, "gee, I really need to study Spanish again". I have my Hueber "Anfängerkurs" collecting dust in the corner, but I wouldn't part with it. I just need to do it ;)

Do you have a plan for Mandarin yet? I see you have your log up. I'd like to start one, but I have to think about something interesting to write...hm.

Edited by Sunja on 15 December 2013 at 2:11pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5548 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin

Message 34 of 266
15 December 2013 at 2:30pm | IP Logged 
Ah, I should review some of my old material and give it away or sell it. >>; For example, the beginner's books from my Chinese class, I won't use them anymore.

My 'log' is currently just a placeholder because I tend to want to do it perfectly from the start and having the placeholder I can at least just decide to work on the descriptions etc for one language at a time. Which makes procrastination a little less likely.

Chinese, ah. I had intended to join a class, but managed to miss the evaluation/exam date for Mandarin and Japanese and the classes are all elementary level ... and, well, the next Confucius institute is a 2 hrs train ride both ways from here, so that's not much of an option either. But my university has a partner program to match foreign students with German students where I found a Chinese partner who said she'll help me with my studies. I don't know what to do about my positively atrocious speaking skills, though.

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4414 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 35 of 266
17 December 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged 
Hi everybody! Back after 3 weeks without internet and I intend on finally taking part in
here! (well, I won't have internet for 5 days starting friday as I'll be on holidays but
anyway)

For the name, I like both 鹊 and 蝙蝠! I do prefer the latter but both are fine by me.

I'll put an introduction and my goals around the 26-27 but until then, don't hesitate
checking my present log's introduction (although things changed since then)

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
HowToLanguages.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4471 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, German
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Persian

Message 36 of 266
17 December 2013 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I started up my Chinese Log for TAC 2014 in case anyone is interested. I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's logs this year.

再见

joehaz21
China
Joined 4145 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 37 of 266
19 December 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged 
Can I join the team? I live in china and really need to start learning the language. I would like to have some motivation from you guys and gals . can't wait to start with you all.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5867 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 38 of 266
20 December 2013 at 8:21pm | IP Logged 
joehaz21 wrote:
Can I join the team? I live in china and really need to start learning the language. I would like to have some motivation from you guys and gals . can't wait to start with you all.

Welcome joehaz21! Have you started a TAC log? It'll be interesting to hear about your experiences in China.

YnEoS
United States
Joined 4036 days ago

472 posts - 893 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Russian, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Hungarian, Czech, Swedish, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 39 of 266
21 December 2013 at 7:42am | IP Logged 
I just put together a new Cantonese log for this upcoming year. I'll start posting my actual progress in the language tomorrow.

http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=37589&PN=1&TPN=1

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 40 of 266
21 December 2013 at 2:57pm | IP Logged 
Please add my log to the main topic. Will be glad to hear from you guys!

Expug's
All at On(c)e Log

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 266 messages over 34 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version