Speaks: Estonian, English*
Studies: Spanish, German

Message 89 of 319
31 December 2013 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
dbag wrote:
JIK wrote:
Stelle, dbag, and James29: I've been following all three of your progress
quite a bit over the past year or
so. Any plans to upload a youtube video or anything of yourself/yourselves speaking Spanish? It would be
great to hear!

Maybe later in the year, but I'm a bit shy for that! I think if I could dramatically improve my accent, I
would definitely do it. In fact that could be something to work towards?

Actually I think that Stelle has some videos of her speaking, and last time I watched one, which was
months ago, I was very impressed, especially given the small length of time she had been learning.

BTW are you native Estonian or just living there? I was in Talinn only a few weeks back, nice place.

Best of luck with it! I tend to be the same way about videos. I did see Stelle's a few months ago, which
were impressive for sure, but I haven't seen any new ones in a while!

How did you like Tallinn?? It's not really a place most people think to visit! Yeah, I'm Estonian. Well, I'm
ethnically half-American and half-Estonian, but I grew up in Estonia (though I now live in the States
again...chaos).
1 person has voted this message useful

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4782 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 90 of 319
31 December 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
It's a really pretty place! I didn't really have enough time to get out of the old town though, which is a little touristy for me. I think if I had the chance to go back I would check out Tartu, or another small town.
From Estonia I took buses through Latvia, Lithuania and Poland which are all worth seeing. Although I find that visiting countries where I don't speak the language really makes me value learning Spanish- It just enables me to have a much richer experience and gives me access to at least 20 countries!

JIK
Diglot
Groupie
Bahrain
Joined 3862 days ago

58 posts - 58 votes 
Speaks: Estonian, English*
Studies: Spanish, German

Message 91 of 319
31 December 2013 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
dbag wrote:
It's a really pretty place! I didn't really have enough time to get out of the old town
though, which is a little touristy for me. I think if I had the chance to go back I would check out Tartu, or
another small town.
From Estonia I took buses through Latvia, Lithuania and Poland which are all worth seeing. Although I find
that visiting countries where I don't speak the language really makes me value learning Spanish- It just
enables me to have a much richer experience and gives me access to at least 20 countries!

Thanks! That sounds like quite the trip. If you ever get a chance to go back to Estonia, I would definitely
recommend Tartu. The rest of Tallinn really isn't particularly interesting (unless you're interested in Soviet
history, in which case you might enjoy it). Tartu would be great for sure, and if you want a smaller town, I
would recommend Viljandi. I think it's probably the nicest town in Estonia.

I definitely agree with the Spanish thing... It's much more useful than Estonian haha. You can't even get
by in certain parts of Estonia with Estonian... much less anywhere outside of the country :D

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5135 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 92 of 319
31 December 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
I'd never be able to figure out how to work a video camera... posting a video would be impossible.

Edited to correct a spelling error caused by my Spanish!

Edited by James29 on 31 December 2013 at 10:17pm

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4362 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 93 of 319
01 January 2014 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Like JIK I too would like to know if you still accept new members. I expressed my interest to join a Spanish team in the general 2014 TAC sign-up post and forgot to comment on the team thread after it was created.

Thanks a lot!

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4782 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 

Message 94 of 319
01 January 2014 at 12:36am | IP Logged 
I am keeping the same log I have always had, but can't see how to change the title to include the team name?
Anyway, you can read the first page here

You will have to scroll down to the last post on that page. Sorry about the length, but I have decided to forgo the festivities and spend the evening with HTAL and a cold beer!

Here's to the New Year!

Edited by dbag on 01 January 2014 at 12:45am

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4362 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 95 of 319
01 January 2014 at 1:13am | IP Logged 
dbag wrote:
I am keeping the same log I have always had, but can't see how to change the title to include the team name?

You have to edit the very first post of your log, just click the edit button and you will be given the chance to change the thread title :)

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4782 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 

Message 96 of 319
01 January 2014 at 1:17am | IP Logged 
Sorted! Thanks!

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version