949 posts - 1686 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Spanish
Studies: Tagalog

Message 177 of 319
18 January 2014 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
tomgosse wrote:
¡Hola amigos! I've just updated my logbook here: http://how-to-learn-any-
language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=37763&PN=1&TPN=2

I hope this link works. I just copy and paste the http address from my web browser into this text. I don't see any
other way to insert a link. Sometimes when I see a link such as this in other people's posts it doesn't work.

HTLAL often adds a space in copied and pasted links, to discourage spamming I imagine. So you can either
remove the space, or you can wait until you have enough posts to add in a hyperlink (which you
can do with the earth/chain icon when you're composing a post).

So, for example, you copied and pasted your log:

http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=37763&PN=1&TPN=2

You'll notice that there's a space in the middle: T ID instead of TID

You can edit your post to remove the space.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Stelle on 18 January 2014 at 5:37pm

1 person has voted this message useful

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4809 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 178 of 319
21 January 2014 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
Hey guys. I have written another log entry here. Yep, filosofia aqui y ahora is a fantastic program. For all those people that enjoy it, I would recommend having a look at canal encuentro as there are a ton of educational programs on there. I haven't had the time yet to thoroughly search through the site, but I bet there are loads of interesting discoveries waiting to be made on there.

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4215 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 179 of 319
24 January 2014 at 3:44am | IP Logged 
Hola lobos. I just wrote a quick update TID=35043&PN=1&TPN=7">here, mostly about my new song of the week (hey padrino - hay una palabra para
"pre-chorus" en español?).

Thanks for the suggestion dbag!

Is anyone planning to take part in the Feb. 6WC? I've yet to decide.

EDIT: can't figure out how to fix the weird link. Sorry.

Edited by Emily96 on 24 January 2014 at 3:45am

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5013 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 180 of 319
24 January 2014 at 4:44am | IP Logged 
Emily96 wrote:
Hola lobos. I just wrote a quick update here, mostly about my new song of the week (hey padrino - hay una palabra para "pre-chorus" en español?).
EDIT: can't figure out how to fix the weird link. Sorry.

Hey Emily,

If "chorus" is a song verse (as in "second verse, same as the first") that is repeated several times, i.e. the estribillo, then "pre-chorus" would be "puente de transición" (transition bridge), or simply "pre-estribillo" -- the first one may be overkill but the latter sounds like you're just trying prefixes at random ;)

BTW I fixed your link in the quote above.

Which reminds me of a little issue. I didn't get a mail with a link to Emily's update -- because this not being my team, I didn't subscribe to everyone's log at the beginning! Now, I've been playing godfather here, which is all good and well, but do you guys think I should limit myself to this, or should I intervene in your personal logs as well? I also share membership in other teams with some Lobo members, so I have been getting their updates, and I'm not sure if that'd somehow be 'unfair' for some people. Also, I just checked and you're a gazillion so you might expect me to get slower when intervening.

Well, any comments on this?

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3931 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 181 of 319
24 January 2014 at 11:30am | IP Logged 
mrwarper wrote:

Which reminds me of a little issue. I didn't get a mail with a link to Emily's update -- because this not being my
team, I didn't subscribe to everyone's log at the beginning! Now, I've been playing godfather here, which is all
good and well, but do you guys think I should limit myself to this, or should I intervene in your personal logs as
well? I also share membership in other teams with some Lobo members, so I have been getting their updates, and
I'm not sure if that'd somehow be 'unfair' for some people. Also, I just checked and you're a gazillion so you
might expect me to get slower when intervening.

Well, any comments on this?

I think it's more than enough for you to keep a eye on this thread. If we have any specific questions about the
language, we can post them here, and you can answer. I think it's too much to ask you to follow every single
person's thread - unless of course you want to! ;)

(I'm speaking as a godparent to a French team. When I was first approached, I accepted with the caveat that I
would try to visit people's logs, but I couldn't guarantee it, since it's such a big team and I'm also a member of a
big team myself. I was reassured by the team leader that I would only be expected to keep up with the team
thread. Anything above and beyond that would be up to me.)

Thanks again for being our padrino!
S

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3931 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 182 of 319
25 January 2014 at 3:40pm | IP Logged 
After a few months' hiatus, I'm finally back into learning a new song every week. I don't know why I ever stopped…
music is such a great way to learn a language! This week I learned A Dios Le Pido, by Juanes. What a fabulous song!!!
(also great for practicing the subjunctive…)

I translated the lyrics into English. I would love it if anyone could correct any mistakes that I made:

A Dios
Le Pido

Would anyone be interested in sharing their favourite Spanish song(s)? Maybe that could be our February challenge.
Any thoughts?

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4215 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 183 of 319
25 January 2014 at 8:45pm | IP Logged 
mrwarper wrote:

If "chorus" is a song verse (as in "second verse, same as the first") that is repeated several times, i.e. the estribillo,
then "pre-chorus" would be "puente de transición" (transition bridge), or simply "pre-estribillo" -- the first one may
be overkill but the latter sounds like you're just trying prefixes at random ;)

Yeah I was wondering if pre-estribillo meant anything =P. That's what I wrote down. It's just for my own use anyways
instead of copying the whole section out again. Thanks! Also, I think it's fine to just keep track of this team thread as
opposed to each member's log.

Stelle - yes, I think that sounds like a good February team activity! I've already been trying to do a song of the week
this month (but only done two so far) and I agree that music is a great way to learn a language, so why not share
what we've found with each other? What do the rest of you think?

MithradatesG
United States
Joined 4062 days ago

30 posts - 36 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, French, Armenian, Turkish, Italian

Message 184 of 319
26 January 2014 at 7:32pm | IP Logged 
Log update here.

I've just booked all my hostels for Puerto Rico. I'll be there during Carnival celebrations. That was completely unintentional, actually... :)

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version