ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4967 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 33 of 319
20 December 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged 
1e4e6 wrote:
Which city? In Manchester, most of the Spanish that I had met were either in the Spanish restaurants or at the university, basically my only chances to speak.

Edinburgh. Tens of thousands of Spanish people here, you hear Spanish all the time on the street and in bars, and there are about 4 Spanish meetups per week. People have joked that it's the best city in the world for learning Spanish ;)
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 34 of 319
20 December 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
DamedesLangues wrote:
I must admit, when I read that you were "on the other team", my heart sank and I thought "Another one has crossed over to the dark side", I kid, I kid! I thought it to mean Real Madrid rather than the Iberian HTLAL team. My mind jumps at the opportunity to make a football connection, I apologise on its behalf.

Serpent, I'll pm you my twitter handle, and apologies to the rest for diluting the thread with football ramblings, won't happen again! ;)
Well I kinda meant a bit of both. I don't really support either of the Spanish grands, but as long as Luka is at RM, well... I want him to win stuff. like la décima, ideally.

There's a bug with DM's :( my twitter is @serpent849.

Yeah apologies from me too, I'm not even on this team :P Although football is an important part of any Spanish-speaking culture.

PointsDotsLines
Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 3766 days ago

76 posts - 110 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*, English

Message 35 of 319
21 December 2013 at 11:11pm | IP Logged 
Here's the link to my log>>
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=37597&PN=1
Thanks!

(Not sure why the hyperlink isn't working...)

Edited by PointsDotsLines on 22 December 2013 at 3:48am

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5295 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 36 of 319
21 December 2013 at 11:29pm | IP Logged 
PointsDotsLines wrote:
Here's the link to my log>> http://how-to-learn-any-
language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=37597&PN=1
Thanks!

(Not sure why the hyperlink isn't working...)

LINK

Lately the URLs that seem to work best for me are ones that start with the forum_posts.asp
part as that makes them short enough that the forum software doesn't chop them up. Also,
I tend to make the URL tags myself rather than letting the forum software try to figure it out.

Edited by Warp3 on 21 December 2013 at 11:30pm

PointsDotsLines
Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 3766 days ago

76 posts - 110 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*, English

Message 37 of 319
22 December 2013 at 3:52am | IP Logged 
Warp3 wrote:
LINK

Lately the URLs that seem to work best for me are ones that start with the forum_posts.asp
part as that makes them short enough that the forum software doesn't chop them up. Also,
I tend to make the URL tags myself rather than letting the forum software try to figure it out.

Thanks! ...but it seems that the URL tags are disabled for new registrants.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5295 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 38 of 319
22 December 2013 at 4:31am | IP Logged 
PointsDotsLines wrote:
Warp3 wrote:
TID=37597">LINK

Lately the URLs that seem to work best for me are ones that start with the
forum_posts.asp
part as that makes them short enough that the forum software doesn't chop them up.
Also,
I tend to make the URL tags myself rather than letting the forum software try to figure it
out.

Thanks! ...but it seems that the URL tags are disabled for new registrants.

Ahhh...I didn't realize you were a new member and thus can't post URLs yet anyway.
¡Bienvenido!

Olis89
United Kingdom
Joined 3974 days ago

29 posts - 31 votes
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 39 of 319
22 December 2013 at 7:22pm | IP Logged 
Hola a todos!

I would hopefully like to join the Spanish TAC team this year? I have just posted in the official sign-up thread, and hopefully will be accepted.
My goals for 2014 is to really start speaking and writing the language. As I've mentioned in my log, I feel that reading comprehension is a solid B1, I understand most of what I read, as any words I come across I don't know, I can generally guess through context.
I recently travelled across America, and picked up the Angel tv series in Spanish, has the options of just Spanish subtitles or having it all in Spanish, which is awesome. I will be using this to improve my listening skills, along with more advanced Podcasts from Notes in Spanish, music (such as Reik and Airbag) and los Simpsons, thanks to James for that last one!

With speaking, I am in Madrid in march for 5 days, im really hoping to bite the bullet and use my Spanish with natives, although I want to do some Skype sessions beforehand.

With writing, I think its improving, I mean it couldn't get any worse than at the start of the blog haha, plenty of mistakes, but I think I get my point across.

Current levels in my opinion

Reading B1+
Writing A2
Speaking Low A2
Listening A2
My goal for 2014 is a solid B2 in all areas of Spanish, I want to be comfortable speaking Spanish, at a good speed, with no hesitancy and few mistakes.

Link to my log- http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=36549

Edited by Olis89 on 22 December 2013 at 7:23pm

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3904 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Spanish
Studies: Tagalog

Message 40 of 319
24 December 2013 at 7:42pm | IP Logged 
I only joined HTLAL in the summer, so this is my first time taking part in TAC. Generally speaking, do people start
new logs in January? Or do they just keep using their old ones?

I'm really looking forward to being part of a team in 2014!

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version