Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3925 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Spanish
Studies: Tagalog

Message 57 of 319
28 December 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
There are a lot of people on this team, and I suspect that threads in the learning log area will move really fast once
January comes around. Does anyone know if there's a way to "follow" logs, so that you can access a page with links
to logs that you've added, maybe listing them by latest update? (Kind of like an "active topics" list, but limited to
threads that you've chosen to add.)

I tried adding Kerrie as a buddy, but while I now have her name on a list, there's no easy access to her log from my
buddy page.

Any ideas?

Gracias,
S
1 person has voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5176 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 58 of 319
28 December 2013 at 3:23pm | IP Logged 
Stelle wrote:
There are a lot of people on this team, and I suspect that threads in the learning log area will move really fast once January comes around. Does anyone know if there's a way to "follow" logs, so that you can access a page with links to logs that you've added, maybe listing them by latest update? (Kind of like an "active topics" list, but limited to threads that you've chosen to add.)

At the bottom of the page, there is a "link that says "Watch this topic for replies." Click on that. Then you will get an email whenever there is a new post.

If you have filters in your email box (most people do), you can set anything from HTLAL to go into its own folder. That's what I do. That way, my email box doesn't get flooded, and I still get all the notices to watch the threads I want to watch. :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Olis89
United Kingdom
Joined 3995 days ago

29 posts - 31 votes
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 59 of 319
28 December 2013 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for having me, good luck team! I've already nicked ideas from a lot of people in
this team regarding their films and tv shows, so hopefully I can contribute with support
and materials in the future!

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 60 of 319
28 December 2013 at 4:42pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
Of course you can be on our team, Emme. :)

Thank you, Kerrie!
I will keep my usual log.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5316 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 61 of 319
28 December 2013 at 6:06pm | IP Logged 
Stelle wrote:
so that you can access a page with links
to logs that you've added, maybe listing them by latest update? (Kind of like an "active
topics" list, but limited to
threads that you've chosen to add.)

Yes. First use the "watch" function like Kerrie mentioned above (which is the same as
checking the "Email Notify me of Replies" box when replying to a thread). Also make sure
to recheck this box anytime you edit a post as it defaults to unchecked when you edit for
some reason which will unsubscribe you from that thread.

Afterward, from the "Active Topics" page hit the "More" link at the top (in the list of
modes) and it will show a view with three tabs, the default of which is "Watched Topics".
They are sorted by last post date (newest first) and items with a dark gray background
are topics where you were the last poster.

I also use a similar email filtering setup like Kerrie mentioned above which filters these
emails into a single folder so I have a folder that acts as a "queue" of posts I haven't
read (I think clear this folder after visiting HTLAL and reading the relevant posts). (My
folder isn't specific to HTLAL, though, as I have all emails from forums or blogs pointed to
this folder. The vast majority of the emails in that folder are usually from HTLAL, though.)

Edited by Warp3 on 28 December 2013 at 6:11pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5007 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 62 of 319
28 December 2013 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
Hey Loboers,

did you read my post offering to be godfather for Spanish teams? Would you prefer to have somebody else for that?

Just let me know so I know whose logs to subscribe to, etc.

Oh, one way or another, buena suerte a todos :)

7 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5176 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 63 of 319
28 December 2013 at 6:18pm | IP Logged 
We would love to have you around, mrwarper. :)

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4209 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 64 of 319
28 December 2013 at 8:14pm | IP Logged 
Hola a todos! I'm interested in joining this team if you're still looking for new members. I posted on the TAC sign up
thread a few minutes ago. I'm going out of town until the 2nd, leaving tomorrow morning, so i plan to write my
wrap up post on my own log tonight. If you accept me i'll write an introduction as soon as i get back!

love the name by the way!

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version