tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5551 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin

Message 9 of 46
20 December 2013 at 2:20am | IP Logged 
Thanks guys!
actually i have some news, just found a japanese girl in my city who is looking for a language exchange partner. no idea if she´s going to be swamped with requests, and if not if we manage to get along, but, well. que sera sera.

but that would leave me to find conversation partners for Spanish and french. oh, and the courage to actually talk.

-i really need to switch to the new computer with a working shift key.-
1 person has voted this message useful

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5551 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 

Message 10 of 46
03 January 2014 at 12:56am | IP Logged 
Today - or rather, yesterday - I met a friend who came back to Germany for a vacation with her mum. (Apparently, her mum said: You speak German now, so guide me around!)

... so, my friend and I spoke German, with her randomly switching back to Japanese at times, and me refusing to switch other than for translating random words, and repeating arare - hail - when she told me the stuff just coming down before us was arare in Japanese :P

Then we went to get her mum from the train station (she'd gone on a day trip by herself), and ...

I can't speak Japanese. ._.; I tried to use teineigo, but the few things I said, I slipped back to plain Japanese half of the time. And I didn't manage to say things I can say, because I was too preoccupied with worrying about what kind of reaction and reply were expected.
Especially when being showered with o-seji so naturally.
So, I know what I really need to work on. (The best cure would be a homestay ... haha.)

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5551 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 

Message 11 of 46
06 January 2014 at 4:15am | IP Logged 
自己紹介

皆さん こんばんは!
私の本名は ロッテです。 普通にBaoと 呼んでもいいんですけど。
私は数年間も 日本語を 勉強していたが、 まだ 上手じゃありません。 
この前に 友達(日本人)の母親と 知り合ったときに 丁寧語を ほとんど 使えませんでした。 あとで ほかの日本人の友達に 送ったメッセージは 「うち、日本語しゃべられへん」 だけでした。 (笑) 
私はネットで 間違いだらけの 日本語を 書くのは 不安になります。 でも、しょうがないでしょう? 修練しなければ なりませんし。

そして、私は この学期から ドレスデンの大学で 土木工学を 勉強しはじめました。 専門はちょっと難しいけど、 本当に面白いです。

趣味は 世界中の文化や 語学などです。 このために 外国語 四つも 少しずつ 学んで行きます。 もちろん ネイティブのドイツ語と 英語を話します。 あとは スペイン語も フランス語とも 中国語も 勉強しています。 レベルは 中国語以外に 私の日本語との同じようで、 中国語はまだ初心者です。

私は暇な時間に 本やマンガを読んだり、 ドラマを見たり、 手編みや料理をしたり、 友達と遊んだり するのが好きです。 ネットで暇つぶしも 大事ですけどね。

よろしくお願いします。
間違いを 見つけたら 教えてくださいね。

Self introduction

I'm Lotte, but call me Bao. My Japanese isn't good yet. (The story from my last posting.) I feel uncomfortable posting in my bad Japanese, but I guess it can't be helped.

This semester, I started studying civil engineering.

I'm interested in the world's cultures and languages, and so I am (slowly) learning four foreign languages. Of course I speak my native German and English, and in addition to that I am learning Spanish, French and Mandarin. Apart from Mandarin my level in those is similar to my Japanese, in Mandarin I am a beginner.

In my free time I like reading books and comics and watching TV series, I also knit and cook and like to hang out with my friends. But wasting time online is also quite important ...

If you find any mistakes, please tell me. (And yes I rushed this translation :P)

Edited by Bao on 08 January 2014 at 5:03pm

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5551 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 

Message 13 of 46
06 January 2014 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
Merci pout ton gentil commentaire!
Vraiment dit, mon nivel est trop bâs. J'ai participé á un cours du français préparatoire au nivel B2+, mais le nivel est trop haut pour moi. J'entends assis, mais je ne sais pas parler. En plus, je n'avais pas ecrit ni une seule phrase pendant plus que six mois.

So bad. I try to at least listen to the news regularly, Radio France: Journal en français facile, Journal de 18h, Info sciences, L'economie en question; sometimes Science publique and Sur les épaules de Darwin. And that's about it.

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5551 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 

Message 15 of 46
06 January 2014 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
Thank you for the advice. Sadly, I am chronically shy around strangers. I can force myself to interact with people I don't well until I get to know them, but not when I have to do another challenging task at the same time.

In English it took me at least eight years to participate in written conversation online, and another five before I had my first conversation outside class, except for the random tourist asking for directions.
Even in Spanish immersion I spoke only the bare minimum for maybe the first three months even though people were incredibly engaging and helpful. (And when I try to talk Spanish to tourists or potential language exchange partner these days I seem to emit an aura of being on the verge of a panic attack. xD)

What I really need is an environment in which people around me naturally talk in French (or the other languages), and just accept my being there until I suddenly feel able to actually say out loud what's in my head. And just guess at my gesticulated contributions when the words are all jumbled.

(Well I am the weirdo here.)

Nontheless, I still plan on going to the next language exchange meet-up in my new city. And the one after, and then the next.

Coming to think of it, I could summarize my first almost-a-week this year.
Currently I would say: I did nothing. Certainly no formal study.
Well, my mum had fallen ill on New Year's Eve, and I am supposed to study for uni (I actually did a bit but far from enough.)

Japanese: 5h24 of audiobooks and podcasts (I think I may have deleted some, maybe another hour or two of podcasts)
Chatting and text messaging every day
Started reading a manga, decided it was boring, stopped halfways

French: 35min, I might have deleted maybe an hour's worth of podcasts after listening to them

Spanish: Read an issue of El País

Mandarin: Haha. Today, 12 minutes of a teaching podcast (the other language's are mostly aimed at native speakers, except for the easy news in French)

Oh well. But I do have three assignments due.

Edited by Bao on 07 January 2014 at 3:59pm

This discussion contains 46 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version