1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Japanese, Korean

Message 1 of 2
16 December 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged 
Hello everyone ^^ welcome to my language log for Japanese and mostly Korean

First, self introduction...

I am a recent college graduate living in California

and as the title of my log and my username (uri 우리 uchiうち)suggests, I am currently studying Korean and
some Japanese.

As for Japanese, I have been studying it since my first year in an university and studied it extensively for 3 years

My only prior experience of learning a language was three years of Spanish in high school, and I must say,

that was at least ten times easier than my miserable "attempt" to learn Japanese.

Anyways, I have got to the point where, when I hear Japanese in a song or a movie, given that the speaker is not
speaking too fast, I can understand maybe about 85% of it

However, for the past year, I have acquired a keen interest in Korean, where it has slowly but surely gained the
priority over Japanese

However, unlike my "Japanese" phase, now that I am out of school, I thought I needed to engage myself in a
language log so that I may maintain my motivation until my goal of Korean fluency is achieved
By starting a log, I hope to gain deep introspection and criticism from others ( and hopefully in the process, if
lucky, help others as well).

So here goes nothing!

P.S. I found about HTLAL just around this time last year (when I started my journey to Korean fluency) and have
been reading Korean learners ever since (Warp3, Evita, druckfehler, etc.). They have been a great inspiration.

Edited by Uriuchi on 16 December 2013 at 6:58am

1 person has voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4661 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 2 of 2
16 December 2013 at 10:20am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum! Or maybe I should rather write: welcome as an active member! I'm looking forward to reading about your Korean journey.

How are you studying? Which materials do you use? Have you considered joining the Korean Team for TAC? 2012 was the year where I really progressed a lot with Korean and taking part in the challenge helped to motivate me greatly. Maybe it would also help you keep going.

It seems like you reached a fairly god level with your Japanese if you can understand 85% of movies, I wouldn't call that a miserable attempt at all!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version