Triglot
Germany
Joined 4628 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 49 of 107
04 January 2014 at 5:20am | IP Logged 
I've just gone through the list of individual participants and thought I'd post my results here to make it easier on everyone else sifting through the logs. These are the people who (unless otherwise specified) were still posting in December (everyone else stopped posting during the first half of the year, a couple in October):

Individual TAC
Bjorn (French) - last regular entry in February, short update in December
Cavesa (French, German, Spanish, Swedish)
Hekje (Dutch)
milesaway (Russian, Finnish, French)
Ogrim (Russian, Greek)
The Real CZ (Korean, Japanese, German)
Vos (Dutch) - last post November 20

EDIT: The last post on the page before has the polls Chung made for the voting. Just posting this to make sure no one misses that post.

Edited by druckfehler on 04 January 2014 at 9:41am

4 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 50 of 107
04 January 2014 at 11:31am | IP Logged 
Done, I cast my vote for a TAC 2013 team. I was so fair NOT to vote for my own team. In such a poll it can happen that people just vote for their own teams because that's not excluded.

Fasulye

1 person has voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5845 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 51 of 107
04 January 2014 at 2:41pm | IP Logged 
Sorry I'm late posting! I've had some internet problems on this side^^

Our (German) Team Schnitzel was reduced to a diet-sized portion the last half of the year, but we had some really faithful tac-ers!

A special thanks to Josquin for taking time to be our Godfather. His corrections helped a lot!

BAnna
stifa
Luso
Isabliss_27
renaissancemedi
WingSuet
Sunja
AlOlaf
g-bod

Here's our team members that decided to work on other endeavors:

Bjorn
songlines
mrwarper
joshkaasik
Maïwenn
Jax
Elsinore13
Margh19
danyal
Aelstome
mikonai
TheSeaWolf

And these guys joined but never got out of the starting gate:

Tecktight
girlonthewing
TheGreaterFool
Ignis Fatuus

Edited by Sunja on 04 January 2014 at 2:42pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5155 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 52 of 107
04 January 2014 at 3:25pm | IP Logged 

Team Pax

Kerrie
songlines
sillygoose1
kanewai
tastyonions
Anya
geoffw
sctroyenne
garyb

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 53 of 107
04 January 2014 at 3:49pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Done, I cast my vote for a TAC 2013 team. I was so fair NOT to vote for my own team. In such a poll it can happen that people just vote for their own teams because that's not excluded.

Fasulye

If the two of us hadn't been so fair, the Vikings would've had two more votes :)

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5109 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 54 of 107
04 January 2014 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:

Here's my suggestion to get some semblance of order in choosing 2013's best overall log, regardless of whether the log is part of TAC or not.

1) I can start a thread in this forum that's open to everyone's input for a certain amount of time (e.g. 7 days) with each person posting in the thread allowed to nominate only 3 members based on their evaluation of their logs' entries in 2013 (it doesn't matter if one would nominate Iversen who keeps one log or Solfrid Cristin who makes a new log for each year - just consider the log that's relevant for 2013)

2) Once the 7 days have elapsed, and the 3 choices of each person been declared, then I can draw up a list of the nominees for a poll. To keep the poll from being too long, perhaps we can draw up the list taking the top 10 (or maybe 15?) nominees based on the number of nominations made in the thread

3) I will create a poll with those 10 (or 15?) nominees.

4) The winner of best overall log for 2013 is decided by the one who gets the most votes in the poll with the 10 (or 15?) nominees. I reiterate that this winner need not be part of TAC, but I don't see anything strange about a winner of TAC for best team also getting this individual recognition. It's a bit like how a sports team can win a championship with each player getting a championship ring, but any player can get the MVP award even if he/she isn't on the team.that won the championship.

Sounds like a great idea. 10 nominees is probably plenty.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 55 of 107
04 January 2014 at 10:05pm | IP Logged 
hribecek wrote:
Chung wrote:
The winner of best overall log for 2013 is decided by the one who gets the most votes in the poll with the 10 (or 15?) nominees. I reiterate that this winner need not be part of TAC, but I don't see anything strange about a winner of TAC for best team also getting this individual recognition. It's a bit like how a sports team can win a championship with each player getting a championship ring, but any player can get the MVP award even if he/she isn't on the team.that won the championship.

In this case it's better to award the top-3.

Is anyone willing to make a list of the 2013 newcomers?

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 56 of 107
05 January 2014 at 10:42pm | IP Logged 
To award the top 3, what do we call them? If there's just one winner, it's easy enough to designate someone with having the "Log of the Year" or "Log of 2013". That wouldn't work as well when recognizing 3 people.

This discussion contains 107 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version