107 messages over 14 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 8 ... 13 14 Next >>
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4467 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 57 of 107
05 January 2014 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
gold/silver/bronze I guess. But I'm all for just one winner.
1 person has voted this message useful

Zireael
Triglot
Poland
Joined 4411 days ago

518 posts - 636 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, Spanish
Studies: German, Sign Language, Tok Pisin, Arabic (Yemeni), Old English

Message 58 of 107
06 January 2014 at 11:19am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
hribecek wrote:
Chung wrote:
The winner of best overall log for 2013 is decided by the one who gets the most votes in the poll with the 10 (or 15?) nominees. I reiterate that this winner need not be part of TAC, but I don't see anything strange about a winner of TAC for best team also getting this individual recognition. It's a bit like how a sports team can win a championship with each player getting a championship ring, but any player can get the MVP award even if he/she isn't on the team.that won the championship.

In this case it's better to award the top-3.

Is anyone willing to make a list of the 2013 newcomers?

I'd love such a list but haven't been around long enough to know who's a newcomer and who's not.

js6426
Diglot
Cambodia
Joined 4280 days ago

277 posts - 349 votes 
Speaks: English*, Khmer
Studies: Mandarin

Message 59 of 107
06 January 2014 at 1:37pm | IP Logged 
Zireael wrote:
Serpent wrote:
hribecek wrote:
Chung wrote:
The winner of best overall log for 2013 is
decided by the one who gets the most votes in the poll with the 10 (or 15?) nominees. I reiterate that this winner
need not be part of TAC, but I don't see anything strange about a winner of TAC for best team also getting this
individual recognition. It's a bit like how a sports team can win a championship with each player getting a
championship ring, but any player can get the MVP award even if he/she isn't on the team.that won the
championship.

In this case it's better to award the top-3.

Is anyone willing to make a list of the 2013 newcomers?

I'd love such a list but haven't been around long enough to know who's a newcomer and who's not.

The number of days they have been a member is probably a good starting point. If it's less than 2 years and they
took part in this year's TAC, then they are a newcomer I guess? Not sure if people who have been on the forum a
long time but only just took part in this TAC as their first one count or not?

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 60 of 107
06 January 2014 at 3:43pm | IP Logged 
The first TAC always counts, no matter how long you've been a member. Also, it should be helpful to compare the 2013 list to the 2012 one, though there were probably some people who participated in 2011 or earlier but missed specifically 2012.

js6426
Diglot
Cambodia
Joined 4280 days ago

277 posts - 349 votes 
Speaks: English*, Khmer
Studies: Mandarin

Message 61 of 107
06 January 2014 at 4:00pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
The first TAC always counts, no matter how long you've been a member. Also, it should be
helpful to compare the 2013 list to the 2012 one, though there were probably some people who participated in
2011 or earlier but missed specifically 2012.

Yes, but what I meant was if someone has been a member less than 2 years and participated in this year's TAC, that
must be the first TAC they have ever participated in, because they weren't a member of the forum for the 2012 TAC.
Why don't we just start a thread asking for all the newcomers - anyone who did their first ever TAC this year,
irrespective of how long they have been a member here?
3 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 62 of 107
07 January 2014 at 3:27am | IP Logged 
As of now, this is what easypolls reports:

- 2013's Individual TAC: 23 votes
30% Cavesa
26% Hekje
22% Ogrim
13% The Real CZ
4% OneEye
4% Vos

- 2013's Team: 26 votes
35% Crane
15% *jäŋe/*ledús
8% Pax
8% Sakura
8% Schnitzel
8% Viking
8% Żubr
4% Kofola
4% MIR
4% Winnipeg-Berlin

How long should we keep the voting available?

- Favorite team
- Favorite individual TAC

---

In a few days, I'll start a thread for us to nominate each of our 3 favorite logs of 2013.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4399 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 63 of 107
07 January 2014 at 2:38pm | IP Logged 
Just back from a two weeks holiday without logging into the forum. I've cast my votes, and I did not vote for myself or for the team I was part of:/

If there are still only twenty-odd votes, I'd suggest to keep the vote open for another week at least. There may be others like me who have been busy elsewhere during the last few days. Maybe the moderators could make this thread "sticky" so it becomes easy to spot on the active topics page?

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6669 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 64 of 107
07 January 2014 at 5:08pm | IP Logged 
Who compiled the list of individual TACs? I must have followed two dozen TAClogs but only see a couple of them on that list (thus, making it difficult to give an honest vote).

This discussion contains 107 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version