Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4308 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 97 of 438
06 January 2014 at 7:43pm | IP Logged 
There's a button for that at the bottom of the video. For the newest episode, subtitles aren't available yet, but episode 1 does have them definitely.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 98 of 438
06 January 2014 at 8:03pm | IP Logged 
We haven’t discussed team challenges yet, but would you like to have a monthly challenge?

If so, I think it’s time we got started with the January Challenge.

As nobody apart from Cavesa has posted a self-introduction in their TL, I suggest this may be our first challenge. For those who’ve just begun a Nordic language, just saying ‘Hej! Jag heter …’ (or an equivalent) and then continuing in English can suffice.

The challenge is open to active members as well as observers and the introduction (at least 5 sentences long and with an English translation) is due by January 31.

If the challenge is met with enough enthusiasm by the team, we could dedicate post nr. 5 on the first page (currently empty) to Team Asgard challenges. I have a couple of ideas for the coming months, but not enough to cover the entire year, so suggestions are more than welcome!

Edited by Emme on 06 January 2014 at 9:20pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4953 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 99 of 438
06 January 2014 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
I tend to stay away from challenges because I already feel like I'm doing the most I can
with my current schedule, but since it's monthly I may give it a try. I thought of
finding a compromise with another challenge of mine. As a matter of fact, it's the same
challenge for all of my teams :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 100 of 438
06 January 2014 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
I tend to stay away from challenges because I already feel like I'm doing the most I can with my current schedule, but since it's monthly I may give it a try. I thought of finding a compromise with another challenge of mine. As a matter of fact, it's the same challenge for all of my teams :)

Team Катюша maybe? ;-)

That’s where I got the idea from.

I actually think challenges may be useful, in particular later in the year when enthusiasm starts to wane, to help people stay engaged with their team. Perhaps we should give them a try to see if they work for our team. As you say, it’s just once a month, so it shouldn’t and needn’t be too demanding. At least, I don’t think that’s the purpose of the challenges.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 101 of 438
06 January 2014 at 9:22pm | IP Logged 
Here’s my entry for the January challenge:

Hej allihop!
Jag heter M***, men jag kallas Emme här på forumet.
Jag är italienska och bor i norra Italien. Jag gillar språk. Jag har lärt mig lite svenska genom åren och planerar att lära mig mer i år. Jag har aldrig gått på kursen och tyvärr kan jag fortforande inte prata flytande svenska. Den första januari började jag läsa ett nytt språk: spanska. Kanske blir det lättare att behärska för mej, som redan talar italienska som modersmål.

Hi there!
I’m M***, but my name’s on this forum is Emme.
I’m Italian and I live in Northern Italy. I like languages. I’ve learnt a little Swedish over the years and I plan to learn more this year. I’ve never attended a curse and unfortunately I can’t speak Swedish fluently yet. On the first of January I began to study a new language: Spanish. Perhaps it will be easier for me to master, since I already speak Italian as my native language.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4953 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 102 of 438
06 January 2014 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
- Hallo, Expug!
- Hallo! Hvordan har du det i dag?
- Helt fint. Og med deg?
- Ikke så verst! I dag er det min siste dag på jobben før ferie og på torsdag drar jeg
til foreldrene mine
igjen.
- Kjempebra! De bor i Bahia, ikke sant?
- Jo da, jeg ble født i Bahia selv og flyttet inn her da jeg var atten å gammel.
- Du skal ha flere dager med ferier! Har du tenkt på å fortsette å lære språk i ferier?
- Selvfølgelig! Jeg skal ha mye tid til å fortsette med timeplanen min når jeg skal bli
hos foreldrene
mine. I år planlegger jeg å lære norsk, fransk, georgisk, kinesisk, tysk, russisk og -
hvis jeg får tid nok
- estnisk.
- Spennende! Lykke til med språkene!

- Hello, Expug!
- Hello! How are you today?
- Just fine. How about you?
- Not bad! Today is my last day at work before hoilydas and on Thursday I leave to my
parents' again.
- Great! They live in Bahia, right?
- Yes, they do, and I was born there myself and moved in here when I was 18 years old.
- You are going to have lots of days on vacation. Do you plan on keeping on studying
languages during
holidays?
- Of course! I am going to have much time to keep my schedule when I am at my parents'.
This year I intend
to study Norwegian, French, Georgian, Chinese, German, Russian and - if I find enough
time - Estonian.
- Interesting! Good luck with the languages!

Sorry for the English mistakes, I should have written in Portuguese about 'ferie' which
are cognates in
Norwegian and Portuguese :-)

Edited by Expugnator on 06 January 2014 at 10:29pm

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 103 of 438
06 January 2014 at 10:27pm | IP Logged 
Cool! You even dramatized your self-introduction into a little script! That’s a great way to coordinate all your various challenges.

Bra jobbat!

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4002 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 104 of 438
06 January 2014 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
Hej! Jag heter Giuseppe och är 19 år gammal. Jag pluggar svenska på universitet i Milano,
jag började i Oktober. Jag läser svenska varje dag med assimil-metoden, Pimsleur och
andra böker. Jag talar inte svenska mycket väl, men jag tycker om... nej, jag
älskar det, så ska jag fortsätta!
Jag hoppas att jag kan skriva mer härefter :)

Lycka till alla!

Hey! My name is Giuseppe and I am 19 years old. I study swedish at University, in Milan, I began in October. I study
swedish every day with the assimil method, Pimsleur and other books. I don't speak swedish very well, but I like... no,
I love it, so I shall keep on going!
I hope I can (will be able to) write more in the future :)

Good luck everybody!

Edited by Sarnek on 06 January 2014 at 10:54pm

This discussion contains 438 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version