Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 217 of 438
24 April 2014 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
New deadline for the April Team Challenge: May 7

As HTLAL was down for a week (15-21 April) it seems only fair to postpone the deadline for the April Challenge so that all team members, even the less tech-savvy ones like me, find out that the technical problem is over and they can come back to our thread.

Expugnator wrote:
[…] So, I'm not always sure having a task that depends on someone else other than the learner itself to be accomplished is doable for me. I prefer to keep the active work at low-profile rather than risk having to be a nuisance to other people just because I'm under the pressure of having a challenge to accomplish.

Exactly! That was a thought I had somewhere in my mind but hadn’t yet managed to articulate. I agree that you should not need to depend on “help” from or “access” to anyone else for finishing the challenges.

Another thing that bothers me is setting challenges that require people to use other registration-based sites to complete. Not everyone is already signed-up or is interested in signing-up with other services and since this is a HTLAL-team and the challenges are meant just for us, I think they should be doable with just good will and access to internet in general (which as members of an online forum we should take for granted—technical glitches aside, obviously).

Serpent wrote:
I'd love challenges where you're not forced to write/translate in L2 -_-

Good point. All the challenges up to now have had a L2 written component, but that doesn’t need to be the case. In the coming months we can have challenges that do away with the writing/translating in L2.

Other ideas and suggestions? I’m eager to hear what the others have to say.

1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 218 of 438
24 April 2014 at 6:34pm | IP Logged 
I’ve sent out PMs to all team members* who haven’t logged in since the forum outage to let them know that HTLAL is back online. Hopefully they will get a notification through their e-mail and come back to the forum.

Activity on these boards is still pretty limited and the slowness of the forum at the moment isn’t exactly helping. Let’s hope things can soon get back to normal.

*Unfortunately I couldn’t get through to Julie. Despite a few attempts the PM “was not sent”: I don’t know, maybe her inbox is full.

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4116 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 219 of 438
24 April 2014 at 6:41pm | IP Logged 
Hey guys!

I haven't been active for a while but much stuff has happened the past 2 months so I kind
of forgot to update my log. I'll make an update after this post.

I'm up for doing a Skype conversation in Swedish to help you guys start speaking. I've
been speaking 100% Swedish for a few months now but it would be fun to talk with some
other students.

Who's game?

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3974 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 220 of 438
25 April 2014 at 4:02pm | IP Logged 
April Challenge

Jag har läst en artikel om en av mina favorita danska författare, Hans Christien Andersen.
Jag förstod mycket (kanske för att jag redan kände hans liv), och jag, bland annat, lärt
mig nya informationen på honom. Men det var naturligtvis många saker jag kunde inte
förstå. Jag är nöjd övergripande.

Please be so kind as to forgive the barbarity I've done to this beautiful language and
correct my mistakes.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 221 of 438
25 April 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
Whether you’re starting the 6wc or the Super Challenge in less than a week's time or you just want to do some TV-watching in Swedish outside of any long-term project, here's what’s currently available on SVTplay.

Vi förändrar oss: the first of these 6 short episodes is available until 4 May 2014, with each of the following episodes expiring every week.

Fjällbackamorden - Ljusets drottning: 1h 29min-long crime TV-movie available until 20 May 2014.

Ispärla: 37-minute film available until 25 May 2014.

Våra vänners liv: ten one-hour episodes. The series has just been posted, but they probably need to fix some parameters: the first four episodes are geo-blocked and the expiring date is unusually long (20 October 2014), so we should probably keep an eye on this and see if they make some changes.

Happy watching!

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4116 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 

Message 222 of 438
25 April 2014 at 6:35pm | IP Logged 
The serie 'Welcome to Sweden' is also very fun to watch! It's about an American guy who
moves to Sweden. So many situations I recognized and a lot of typical Swedish things so
you'll "learn" some stuff about them as well ^^

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 223 of 438
25 April 2014 at 6:59pm | IP Logged 
@Kez

I read about it on the TV4 website and it sounded interesting and fun, but like all their series, you can only watch it from Sweden. I was only ever able to see something on their player several months ago, now everything seems geo-blocked. :-(

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4116 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 

Message 224 of 438
26 April 2014 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
It's on Pirate Bay ;)

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 438 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version