438 messages over 55 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51 ... 54 55 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 401 of 438
12 December 2014 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
You did a fantastic job, Emme!
I'll be certainly joining the Scandinavian team again, especially if I can be an observer.
1 person has voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4002 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 402 of 438
13 December 2014 at 9:38am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
You did a fantastic job, Emme!
I'll be certainly joining the Scandinavian team again [...]

This.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4796 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 403 of 438
13 December 2014 at 8:13pm | IP Logged 
I apologize for basically having given up on Swedish for the year (so many things got
into it and it was probably more reasonable not to spread myself too thin). You guys did
an awesome job and this is a team many others could take exemple from.

I wish everyone great Christmas and awesome TAC15 but I am unsure whether I should sign
up with Swedish as I am unsure when will I get to it in 2015. I will, that IS sure but I
just have no clue when and it is not fair to sign up when I'm not that likely to be
around at least till May.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 404 of 438
14 December 2014 at 11:21am | IP Logged 
@Serpent & @Sarnek
Thank you!

Expugnator wrote:
I think you did a good job, Emme.

Thank you, Expugnator.

Expugnator wrote:
I even mentioned it at the Pre-TAC thread. You did your job well.

I’ve just come from reading through that thread and I wanted to thank you and Cavesa for the nice things both of you wrote there about how team Asgard (especially the team challenges) was run.

Expugnator wrote:
I started doing the SC and thus going through massive input and reducing the already low interaction with other learners and with native speakers. The SC didn't leave me time […]

The very same thing happened to me. The Super Challenge is fantastic from many points of view, but it does have a tendency to eat up all one’s time.

Expugnator wrote:
But this thread was fairly alive giving this year's TAC standards […]

Following your observation, I’ve made a small tour of the other teams’ threads and you’re actually right. We didn’t do too bad. So,

CONGRATULATIONS TO US ALL WHO MADE IT THROUGH THE ENTIRE YEAR!

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 405 of 438
14 December 2014 at 11:53am | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
I apologize for basically having given up on Swedish for the year (so many things got into it and it was probably more reasonable not to spread myself too thin). You guys did an awesome job and this is a team many others could take exemple from.

I wish everyone great Christmas and awesome TAC15 but I am unsure whether I should sign
up with Swedish as I am unsure when will I get to it in 2015. I will, that IS sure but I
just have no clue when and it is not fair to sign up when I'm not that likely to be
around at least till May.

Thank you! And God Jul och gott nytt år to you too!

I appreciate your dropping by to let us know how you stand on Swedish right now. I’m aware that you’ve had a very full 2014, and I’m sure you made a wise decision when you decided to de-prioritize Swedish in favour of your other languages.

I must admit, though, that I would have loved to see how your Swedish Challenge (Swedex B2 in spring 2015: ie. in 2 years from the beginning) would have turned out. That challenge would have been absolutely crazy but also totally awesome!

If you ever decide to give it a go again, I’m sure I’ll be watching!

3 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 406 of 438
14 December 2014 at 11:57am | IP Logged 
Being on the topic of making it through the entire year, only some of the people who had planned to study a Scandinavian language with us in 2014 actually managed to stay committed all year long and therefore I think it’s time to update the team roster in the first post of this thread. Some people who signed up in January were never heard from again and some left soon after.

But in this team there’s a core of a few members who’ve stuck around for the best part of twelve months and I think that should be recognized. Off the top of my head:

Sarnek
Serpent
AlOlaf
daegga
Expugnator
Emme

Have I forgotten anybody? This list doesn’t want to be exclusive, but only to reflect the reality of what’s been going on. So, if you think that someone was unjustly left out, please let me know!

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4308 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 407 of 438
14 December 2014 at 2:47pm | IP Logged 
December Challenge
Jag har lärt mig svenska :). Nivån er nu på "Basic Fluency" som ni kan se i min profil. Jag
skal fortsätta med det i nästa år på grund av Superchallengen. För övrigt deltar jag nu i
en svensk konversationskurs en gång varje vecka som inte är på mycket hög nivå, men jag får
tala en del, så det är bra.
Hoppas vi skal ses igen nästa år i den skandinaviske TAC-gruppen. Det är mycket kvar att
göra.

@Emme
I don't think you could've done more to motivate us. Sometimes the best motivation is
futile if other things come up that take priority.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5134 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 408 of 438
14 December 2014 at 4:31pm | IP Logged 
daegga wrote:
[...] Jag har lärt mig svenska :). Nivån er nu på "Basic Fluency" som ni kan se i min profil. [...]

Bra jobbat!!!

And thank you for the kind words!

This discussion contains 438 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version