Italy
Joined 5107 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 417 of 438
16 December 2014 at 10:00pm | IP Logged 
December Challenge
I år har jag tyvärr förkovrat mig bara lite i svenska därför att, under större delen av året, har jag slarvat med läxor och pluggat dåligt. I själva verket har jag inte använt klassiska läroböcker, men jag har tittat mycket på TV och läst många artiklar på nätet. Det betyder att jag har fokuserat på passiva färdigheter, såsom att läsa och att lyssna. I höst har det funnits några "Team Challenges" här på forumet som har fått mig att upptäcka konst och kultur från Skandinavien. Det var stimulerande, men samtidigt krävande, särskilt när jag försökte att skriva referat.

Ok, this was my feeble attempt at summarizing how my Swedish went this year. Let’s say I didn’t see much progress, especially in my active skills, but that was to be expected since 2014 was all about massive input and very little formal studying.

But there are aspects of the language that have improved: after watching – and re-watching, and watching once more and then again and again – the same few episodes of Swedish TV-shows, I have snippets of language that have embedded in my brain and now come out very naturally and without thinking.

I suppose you’re all familiar with how specific words or expressions in L2 are sometimes so fitting in certain circumstances that they seem capable of expressing what you need to say better than your native language can. That’s when those words and expressions jump to the tip of your tongue and you risk to utter them even without realizing that not all those around you can understand. Well, this year I’ve seen a marked increment of Swedish among these expressions, so here’s something I’ve accomplished in 2014.

As for plans for 2015, I must admit I’m a little reluctant to make any. Swedish is a long-time passion of mine, so I can’t imagine not studying/learning it in the months to come, but I’m not sure I want to map out what I’m going to do. Part of me believes that I would benefit from more structured studying (so back to textbooks and grammars it would be) but part of me simply enjoys toying with the language like I did this year. One thing’s for sure, I enjoyed the company of the few survivors in team Asgard, and I’m happy to see that practically everyone has already signed up for the TAC’15 Scandinavian team. I can’t promise I’ll join you officially, but I’m more than likely to be there next year anyway.

EDIT: typos.

Edited by Emme on 16 December 2014 at 10:05pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 418 of 438
16 December 2014 at 10:15pm | IP Logged 
Thank you for your words, Emme. I think we were in similar situations in our Scandinavian languages, as I also focused on massive input. And I've also noticed several expressions in the tip of the tongue. What does that mean? It means I could have benefitted even from a small amount of work of my active skills, like doing the team challenges :|*
This is a mistake I don't want to make in 2015, so it is important that we all continue as a team and help each other at this respect.

* I did chat more and more often in Norwegian, so I believe a part of my knowledge did get activated, but I would have benefitted much more from writing and getting corrected at italki. I wrote 3 posts in Norwegian the whole year at italki.
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 419 of 438
17 December 2014 at 9:24pm | IP Logged 
And now my full TAC 2014 Summary. Not much new in the Norwegian entry itself, but starting two posts ago I do a more detailed analysis about what was good and what was bad.

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4281 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 420 of 438
20 December 2014 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
For nostalgists: the old Pippi Långstrump series:
http://www.svtplay.se/video/2520376/pippi-langstrump/avsnitt -1

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5107 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 421 of 438
23 December 2014 at 8:49pm | IP Logged 
I’ve just had a look at the wikia page and it seems that next year’s Scandinavian team will be a continuation of Team Asgard i.e. all the survivors of this team with the addition of some fresh blood (tavos, agantik, Sooniye and Jaynie have already signed up).

Since there hasn’t been much discussion about the next Scandinavian team in the TAC 2015 Official Thread so far (I only saw agantik ask about possible team captains), if you want, feel free to start discussing team logistics (team captain, team name etc) here, until there’s a new team thread. And feel free to invite the newcomers here to take part in the discussion.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3975 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 422 of 438
23 December 2014 at 11:35pm | IP Logged 
I want you as our captain, Emme. Please do not abdicate.

As far as the team name is concerned, I propose Bifröst.

Jaynie
Denmark
Joined 5670 days ago

51 posts - 62 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Danish, Latin

Message 423 of 438
24 December 2014 at 2:45pm | IP Logged 
Greetings. I have joined the Scandinavian Team for 2015. I live in Denmark, and have been learning Danish
(with highly variable levels of intensity) for three years. I decided that I really needed some accountability to
improve - so here I am :)

Soon, I will update my log with an assessment of my Danish. And work out my goals / plans for 2015.

Edited to add link to
log.

Edited by Jaynie on 24 December 2014 at 4:25pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Mareike
Germany
Joined 5984 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 424 of 438
26 December 2014 at 7:30pm | IP Logged 
To be honest I haven’t done much for Swedish this year. I have just focused on other things and Swedish was the first thing I dropped. You can also see it, I just did the January and September challenge, but I still want to learn Swedish.
I will continue in 2015 and I promise improvement. I’ve already signed up for a Swedish course.I also think TAC would be a good idea to find support and ideas. This year I’ve followed the hints for available movies, films and series on svt.

För att vara ärlig, jag har inte gjort mycket för svenska i år. Jag har gjort andra saker och jag har släppt svenska. Jag gjorde bara januari och september challange, men jag vill fortfarande lära mig svenska.
Jag vill fortfarande i 2015 och jag lovar förbättring. Jag har redan anmält mig för en svensk kurs. Jag tänker också TAC skulle vara en bra idé för att hitta stöd och nya idéer. I år har jag läst tipsen för filmer och serier på svt.

I also want to thank you Emme for the team organization and support.

This discussion contains 438 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version