Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 425 of 438
27 December 2014 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
Sarnek wrote:
I want you as our captain, Emme. Please do not abdicate. [...]

Thank you for the endorsement, but I’d really really really prefer not to captain the team next year.

Doesn’t anybody want to step up? Newbies aren’t allowed to start a team and the general consensus is that it’s better to have TAC veterans as team leaders. Isn’t there anyone who’s already survived a TAC, whether in team Asgard or in some other team, wishing to captain next year’s Scandinavian Team?

1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 426 of 438
27 December 2014 at 5:00pm | IP Logged 
Mareike wrote:
[...] I also want to thank you Emme for the team organization and support.

Tack så mycket!

Nice to see you here again!

You’re not alone in realizing that 2014 didn’t turn out as productive as hoped for, but I’m sure we can do better next year! Have you already signed-up in the wikia and the TAC 2015 Official Thread or, like me, are you still considering your options for the future? Anyway, I hope we’ll still share the journey!

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3997 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 427 of 438
28 December 2014 at 3:04pm | IP Logged 
December Challenge

As posted on my log:

A new year is about to commence and it's time to draw conclusions on my overall progress and to plan my goals for the future.

First of all, what a year this was. I have started a new chapter in my life and it is amazing to see how positevely language-learning is changing it, enriching it and shaping me as time flows by. Of course, countless
of difficulties and problems
were encountered on the way, always trying to bring me down, but the motivation and help offered by the members of this forum kept me going, so thank you all and especially the Asgård members and its leader for helping
me through this journey.

Swedish: This is how I started and what goals I set for myself last year: "I'm starting from scratch and I aim to reach a solid A2 by the end of 2014." If you've followed my log long enough, you'll know how much my
love for this language
has increased over the year. It's actually been a real surprise for me too. I've started learning it because "I liked how it sounded", which may seem like a silly reason to get one to go through such pain and effort,
but as I've been learning
the language I of course got to discover its culture, and I've found myself to be drawn by anything Swedish: from its amazing literature to its architecture, from its politics to its history. This of course is a
vicious cicle which made me make
enormous progress in learning the language. So yeah, I am happy to say that I have reached my goal and maybe crossed a bit beyond. I am definitely seeing myself getting my hands much deeper into this fascinating world.

Jag vill önska er allihopa ett gott nytt år!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 428 of 438
29 December 2014 at 5:06pm | IP Logged 
Well done, Sarnek, on your progress in Swedish this year!

---

Here is this year’s last update on what to watch on SVTPlay. As you can see there are quite a few titles. I hope I didn’t mess too much with the links and the info is correct. If you find mistakes, let me know and I’ll try to fix them.

Äta sova dö until 2 January 2015.
Julkalendern - Piratskattens hemlighet och Alla dagar fram till jul until 23 January 2015.
Kan du vissla Johanna? until 23 January 2015.
Karl-Bertil Jonssons julafton until 23 January 2015.
Den goda viljan until 25 January 2015.
Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar until 25 January 2015.
Jerusalem until 2 February 2015.
Julkalendern: Hotell Gyllene knorren until 5 February 2015.
Gynekologen i Askim - Säsong 1 until 1 March 2015.
Pippi Långstrump until 30 March 2015.
Gynekologen i Askim - Säsong 2 until 2 April 2015.
Hoppas farfar dör until 15 June 2015.
Taxi until 18 December 2015.

---

A couple of days ago, I contacted all the original team members we haven’t heard from in a long time, inviting them to get in touch and update us on their TAC’14. So far, it doesn’t look like my appeal was successful but I’m still hoping we’ll get to hear from at least some of them.

---

Finally:

Is there really no one who’s willing to become the team leader for next year? There are several veterans on the team who are possible candidates. Could we at least discuss a turnover?

We have only a couple of days left to find a captain and I think it would be a pity if Team Scandinavian started 2015 without a team leader and a team thread.

Please, everyone, let your voice be heard!

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 429 of 438
29 December 2014 at 7:17pm | IP Logged 
I am not sure I would make the ideal team leader, but I am stepping in. I have been learning too individually
this year and it is about time doing something to account for all the dedication and attention from the team
leader and the other members. I only ask you guys to be around and help me keep things on track if I
become forgetful, because time still isn't an issue for me. I also need to get used to editing those posts and
adding all links, but it is rather an issue of having enough practice. So, if it is ok with you guys, I volunteer.
6 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 430 of 438
29 December 2014 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
@Expugnator

Thank you!

Ask if you need help. As far as editing and adding links, if I could do it, anyone can.

I was a total technoob before I joined HTLAL, and I still am. Still I managed to learn the basic editing on this forum and I'm sure you will too.

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4303 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 431 of 438
29 December 2014 at 10:16pm | IP Logged 
That's great to hear, Expug.

For those of us who learn Danish, New Year will start with a bang: Arvingerne season 2 is
due on January 1st. And from today the full season 2 of Bankerot is online. You can still
watch season 1 of those if you missed it. (everything on dr.dk)
Even though it's intended for children, Tidsrejsen was great too, so consider watching that
(possible until mid-January I think).

I'll be away without internet access these next few days, I hope I can have a proper start
into TAC 2015 after that. So long...

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4417 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 432 of 438
30 December 2014 at 9:42pm | IP Logged 
Hello there! I've joined the TAC for Norwegian, and language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35836&PN=0&TPN=5">her eis the link to my log. I'm not a
true beginner in Norwegian, as I have already attempted Assimil Norwegian twice, to abandon at lesson 51
and lesson 28 the second time around. So I guess I'm a low A2 or something. My goal is to finish Assimil at
least and try to read a novel in Norwegian. Jeg er så glad å laere norsk neste år!

I've had a look at this year's thread and I'm thrilled at the idea of joining such an interesting team!

Edited by agantik on 30 December 2014 at 9:45pm

This discussion contains 438 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version