3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 49 of 438
21 December 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged 
This is my log for 2014, dear fellows!

Expug's
All at On(c)e Log

I feel already sorry for closing my previous 'Endelig Norsk. Igjen. Alltid' log. So much
experienced, shared, lived :/ But life goes on! 8D
1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 50 of 438
24 December 2013 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
God Jul allihopa!

This is just a reminder that we still need a name for the team. I think we should set a couple of deadlines: there’s time until this week-end to suggest new names.

From this week-end (probably from Sunday, depending on the level of activity on this thread) until New Year’s Day, we will vote on the entries so that we can start the TAC 2014 with a team name.

Please, take part in the process!

Among the possible mythic names, I’d like to suggest either Asgard (Asgård or Åsgård) as in the reign of the Norse gods or, if we are more modest and don’t aim too high, Midgard (Midgård) as in the world of humans.

---

Finally, I know that most of us are veterans of Team Viking and so we already know how the TAC works, but to avoid the congestion that happened in the first week or so of TAC last year, I suggest we start visiting each other’s log and leaving a comment or just saying hallo already this week. I know that in some logs where the dialogue has already been going on this may be redundant, but I’m particularly interested in breaking the ice and welcoming the newcomers or those who’ve just come back for TAC after a long hiatus from the forum.

Hopefully this will make visiting all the logs and replying to comments less of a burden at the beginning of January (so we’ll have more time to study) and with a bit of luck we may even see fewer copy-and-paste welcome messages that are exactly the same everywhere. Of course no one is required to do anything for the TAC, so feel free to disregard all of the above, I just wanted to make a suggestion with the aim of maintaining the friendly and easy-going atmosphere of the team.

3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 51 of 438
24 December 2013 at 10:06pm | IP Logged 
Emme wrote:

Subjektivt & Objektivt: Danish for the medical profession
OMG, this seems amazing ♥

BTW I'll be continuing this log. Danish is my main language for what's left of 2013, and then we'll see.

liammcg
Ireland
Joined 4386 days ago

269 posts - 397 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 52 of 438
24 December 2013 at 10:23pm | IP Logged 
Good luck to all the Scandinavian team in the upcoming TAC! I'm currently studying German and adore it, but
I dream of the day where I'll be able to head further north! Thanks for the excellent resource list at the
beginning of the thread (particularly interested in the Norwegian offerings), perhaps I'll take a peek at some of
them during the year. Once again good luck to all!

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 53 of 438
24 December 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Emme wrote:

Subjektivt & Objektivt: Danish for the medical profession
OMG, this seems amazing ♥

[...]

I'm so happy I've uncovered a new resource which may be of some interest at least to one of our team: that means that the time I spent scouring the internet was time well-spent. ;-)

@liammcg
Thank you!

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 54 of 438
27 December 2013 at 9:15pm | IP Logged 
For those of you interested in watching the observers, I'll be using my old log. There's a link to the start of TAC 2014 on the first page. I will probably start Norwegian later next year. :)

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4414 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 55 of 438
27 December 2013 at 11:16pm | IP Logged 
A bit late, but I confirm my wanderluster status!

The beginning of the year is going to be a bit hectic so probably not much Norwegian, but
I'll keep doing tiny bits of reading and anki until I can (re?)start properly around the
summer!

Sabrina VG
Pentaglot
Belgium
Joined 4993 days ago

37 posts - 41 votes
Speaks: Dutch, Flemish*, English, German, French
Studies: Swedish, Welsh

Message 56 of 438
28 December 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged 
Hi, if it's not too late, I would like to join this team, I'll be studying Swedish next year.

This is my log:
Sabrina's TAC 2014 Log

This discussion contains 438 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version