Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Sarnek’s Log - TAC ’15 (Rätsel, Sleipnir)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
176 messages over 22 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 ... 21 22 Next >>
Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3974 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 81 of 176
06 December 2014 at 8:20am | IP Logged 
This video has nothing to do with the
languages I'm currently learning, but it's really interesting if you like accents/phonetics :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3974 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 

Message 82 of 176
14 December 2014 at 8:13pm | IP Logged 
Before the final annual TAC wrap-up, here's what I've been up to lately.

I've been increasingly augmenting the Swedish imput over these last few weeks.

Some of the stuff I've been watching:

Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar - Just episode 1
Skavlan - Just episode 1
Gynekologen i Askim - Just episode 1
Taxi - Entire season 1
På spåret - Just episode 1
Julkalendern: Piratskattens hemlighet och Alla dagar fram till
jul
Episodes 1-6
Hoppas farfar dör - Entire season 1
Portkod 1525 - Entire season 2
Vem vet mest? - Have been regularly watching an episode every day, skipping a day from time to time.

On YouTube:

RandomMakingMovies
DunderHumor
schmackitproductions
SPLAYsverige
And a bunch of others I can't recall

Reading:
I've found this graded Swedish reader which is really old but some of the
stories are really cool so I guess it's
worth it.
Got to page 55 in "Det är så logiskt alla fattar utom du".
Got to page 10 in "Särkilda uppdrag - Två fall för Fandorin"
Picked up "Hundraåringen..." again. Got to page 20.
News from 8sidor (where I can also listen to them whilst reading) and other newspapers

Audiobooks:
Listened to the first chapter of "Harry Potter och de vises sten"

Oh I've also started using Duolingo. I realised I lack basic vocabulary, so that should help me.

Now for the neglected brother, German:
Apart from subbing to a bunch of channels (right off the top of my head: ApeCrime, daaruum, Wissen2Go, SRSLY, etc.), watching their videos, and watching a
few films (Goodbye Lenin, Das weisse
Rauschen etc,), I've done very little these last
6-7 weeks. I must get back to it as soon as possible and repair the damage I've caused.

Edited by Sarnek on 14 December 2014 at 8:15pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3974 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 

Message 83 of 176
27 December 2014 at 8:42pm | IP Logged 
TAC 2014 Summary

A new year is about to commence and it's time to draw conclusions on my overall progress and to plan my goals for the future.

First of all, what a year this was. I have started a new chapter in my life and it is amazing to see how positevely language-learning is changing it, enriching it and shaping me as time flows by. Of course, countless of difficulties and problems
were encountered on the way, always trying to bring me down, but the motivation and help offered by the members of this forum kept me going, so thank you all and especially the Asgård members and its leader for helping me through this journey.

Swedish: This is how I started and what goals I set for myself last year: "I'm starting from scratch and I aim to reach a solid A2 by the end of 2014." If you've followed my log long enough, you'll know how much my love for this language
has increased over the year. It's actually been a real surprise for me too. I've started learning it because "I liked how it sounded", which may seem like a silly reason to get one to go through such pain and effort, but as I've been learning
the language I of course got to discover its culture, and I've found myself to be drawn by anything Swedish: from its amazing literature to its architecture, from its politics to its history. This of course is a vicious cicle which made me make
enormous progress in learning the language. So yeah, I am happy to say that I have reached my goal and maybe crossed a bit beyond. I am definitely seeing myself getting my hands much deeper into this fascinating world.

Goals for 2015: I want to reach basic fluency by the end of 2015. That is, something in between a B1 and a B2 on the CEFR scale.

German: I wanted to reach a B1 level by the end of the year. I have made so many mistakes with this language, the method I have used hasn't been quite efficient, and through most of the year I've kept on studying it driven by a desire of
"defeating" the language, taken as a challenge, rather than burning passion as with Swedish. Another reason may be the fact that I don't really feel attracted to German culture. I like its literature, sure, but that's pretty much it. So, have I
reached my goal? Maybe. I can definetely read a B1 or even harder text without much effort, I can talk to natives on topics I can talk about (family, work, hobbies, etc.) and listening to things I know the context of, but it's hard to say
whether all my skills are at a B1 level. Some are stronger, some weaker, and that's fine. I'll make sure I'll do much better this year.

Goals for 2015: I want to reach a strong B1 level in my speaking skill and a B2 level in all the others.

In 2015 I might start learning some Faroese as well if I'll manage to organise my time.

3 persons have voted this message useful

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4394 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 84 of 176
29 December 2014 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
Hello team mate! I've just noticed we belong to the same teams for next year as I'll be studying German and
Norwegian. Good luck with your studies ! In bocca al lupo!

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3974 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 

Message 85 of 176
30 December 2014 at 3:04pm | IP Logged 
Crepi! Good luck to you too! :D

Ccaesar
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 3554 days ago

84 posts - 94 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English, German
Studies: Italian

Message 86 of 176
30 December 2014 at 7:50pm | IP Logged 
Ciao! Sounds good to me, best of luck in the coming year amico, gehen wir mal an die
Sache heran wie Blücher. ;)

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3974 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 

Message 87 of 176
31 December 2014 at 6:10pm | IP Logged 
Ccaesar wrote:
Ciao! Sounds good to me, best of luck in the coming year amico, gehen
wir mal an die
Sache heran wie Blücher. ;)

Das klingt gut!

Edited by Sarnek on 31 December 2014 at 6:10pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 88 of 176
01 January 2015 at 10:44pm | IP Logged 
Gott nytt år, Sarnek!

Och lycka till med TAC'15!

This discussion contains 176 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version