Switzerland
outerkhmer.blogspot.
Joined 4920 days ago

531 posts - 1126 votes 
Speaks: German*, Thai
Studies: Khmer

Message 1 of 3
20 December 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged 
Is anyone here using Bliu Bliu? What's your experience, what do you think of it?

Edited by Fasulye on 30 December 2013 at 1:51pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

FelixKatze
United Kingdom
Joined 3954 days ago

20 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 2 of 3
20 December 2013 at 2:52pm | IP Logged 
I've used it a bit, but not for awhile.

I like the idea of it very much, but I'm not sure how useful it is in practice.

Probably better to focus more on seeking out native materials of your own volition, though perhaps BliuBliu may be good for those times you don't feel like bothering to put in much effort.
1 person has voted this message useful

kalka
Estonia
Joined 3769 days ago

1 posts - 2 votes

Message 3 of 3
07 January 2014 at 4:04pm | IP Logged 
I tried to use it for improving my Latvian. Although I very much welcome this initiative that should make learning
smaller, more "exotic" languages more easily accessible, I found the program at its current state confusing and
tedious. Mostly, it is suffering from lack of curated content – the texts that Bliu Bliu provides for learning new
vocabulary are from Wikipedia and seem to be mostly about chemical elements and state departments, although I
ticked "music" and "technology" as my interests. "Drilling" words is an interesting excercise, but I feel that it is
inefficient with regards to the time a student has to spend on studying.

I don't think that it would work as a standalone method for learning a language, but I agree with FelixKatze that it is
useful as a tool when you can't put much effort into searching for native content.

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version